Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

New Home wrote: »
    I'd kill them!!! :mad: Aside from everything else, why waste all that money in petrol? Idiots. :mad:

I feel the same about 'boy racers ' and the perfectly good tyres they ruin :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

I got a text of a Littlewoods code and copied and pasted it into the thread.
    Today and yesterday somebody private messages me asking me to check if it works on some hideous bag and then asks to use my account to buy them.
    The gall of some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I think I have hay fever :( watery eyes and runny nose and feel like crap :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Midget bites.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My posts aren't posting... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I can see yours now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

forgot a word i wanted to use earlier (confiscate).

then spent 5 mins on google trying to find a way to find it, using contexts where it might pop up, then looking in online thesaurus.

the whole time i couldn't remember felt like the first moments of coming home to a burgled house. but the house is your brain.

when i did find it i wrote it on a big piece of paper and rubbed it all over my face.

midwife on television sort of excusing a birthing mother for screaming . Is screaming in childbirth not the done thing now ? Since when was it even remarkable?

greencap, i like that analogy .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I walked into the shed earlier and saw all the stuff I have put on the long finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Midget bites.

You should stay aware from those sites,Purple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Woke up smothering with a cold. again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

School traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Was drinking yesterday for a few hours. Pints and then 2 captain Morgan and coke. The taste of it is still in my throat.
    Gonna be a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I seem to be having an extended cold. Had the sniffles last week, now I have the headache and sore eyes. Waiting for the sore throat next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

The way everything has to have an abbreviation nowadays like oh I had serious fomo. Do you know what you can do? You can gtfooiwts!! That's get the fuk out of it with that sh!te in laymans terms. Yolo rofl what a load of sh!te.

As I once heard from a Bill Bailey show I seen a few years ago.

"ROFLYSST - Rolling on floor laughing yet somehow still typing"

Genius!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Legalese. I'm trying to do something that requires deciphering some legal documents and it might as well be in a foreign language for all the sense it makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Going to McDonalds for a coffee and an apple pie.15 minutes waiting.Nobody told me it would be that long.I would have ordered a muffin or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Waking up with a sore throat

dubstarr wrote: »
    Going to McDonalds for a coffee and an apple pie.15 minutes waiting.Nobody told me it would be that long.I would have ordered a muffin or something.

And another 30 minutes for it to cool enough to eat it...they're always scalding

ta every tin opener I've used has been crap

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

And another 30 minutes for it to cool enough to eat it...they're always scalding

ta every tin opener I've used has been crap

She actually said that to me.I said i hope it is,im waiting 15 minutes on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

New Home wrote: »
    I REALLY want to know if she called in sick.

She showed up. Eventually. Swanned in at 11am and I almost fell off my seat in shock. Then I remembered her team had a quarterly meeting that she had to present at. Still kind of surprised she came in, though.

Today's TA: Rant policing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

London office is complaining that the international messages are laid out and at a different standard to theirs, so big boss has decided we will all do an Allison course on office, great, three days after handing in my year end project more 'studying' to do.

The students attached to this dept wanted to make a gesture for me returning after study leave and bought me choc crispies and milk, much as I appreciate the gesture, they should know by now(as its an office curiosity) that im dairy intolerant. Nasty heavy vomitty feeling in my tum now I've eaten them.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Need to sneeze but I can't...

I put a fluffy beside rug into the dryer to do overnight and just remembered it before I left for work. When I took it out, little clouds of fluff descended over the place like dandruff at a headbangers ball. Everywhere it was. Did a quick clean up and headed out to work.

Just looked in the mirror for the first time since I got up. My hair had dozens of bits of fluff in it, I look like I slept in a pillow factory. People must think I'm demented. I look like I took on a marshmallow monster, and lost.

And not a soul told me!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I love a good rant as much as the next person but jesus christ, the woman beside me has been repeating the same rant at me about a fellow colleague for about 2 weeks now. Like a broken record. I've run out of affirmative statements to say back to her. Its exhausting.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I love a good rant as much as the next person but jesus christ, the woman beside me has been repeating the same rant at me about a fellow colleague for about 2 weeks now. Like a broken record. I've run out of affirmative statements to say back to her. Its exhausting.

"It's terrible, Ranty, but we can't change anyone else, only our own behaviour. Perhaps you could try putting it out of your mind or not talking about it for a week or so and see if your annoyance recedes?"

OR

"Sorry can't chat, kettles boiling!"

The last one is very effective when there's no kettles involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Woke up with a cut on my finger and have no idea how I got it

In restaurants and public transport workmates and school pupils of all ages congratulating each other for every wee chore they do in rainy weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TG1 wrote: »
    Need to sneeze but I can't...

Go to Candies house below you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ellen.mcgrath

Up Donegal wrote: »
    How the hell can I peel the backing paper off the McDonalds Monopoly stickers without damaging the sticker???:mad::(

There’s no backing paper on them this year! They aren’t sticky anymore :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement