Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I thought it was dead cute how one of the cats wanted to sleep on me last night.
    Not so cute when she decided she wasn't going to sleep and wanted attention all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,588 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

NIMAN wrote: »

Processed foods...air pollution... cigs, alcohol....all contribute to an increase in cancers unfortunately...
    A war we can't win unless we start developing some star trek technology

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Makeup. Putting it on. I have no idea what I'm doing, no idea what order the stuff is supposed to go on, half it ends up on the floor, and the half that stays on my face ends up everywhere by the end of the day!

Very TAd by having to be a grown up today! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tespor

When people say "So-and-so was sectioned" when they really mean "So-and-so had a C-section". My God, if only they knew the infinite difference between the two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

dubstarr wrote: »
    Getting a roll in Spar and the women serving just yapping away to some fella in the queue.Just rude.She was basically just talking over my head to him.

That is so rude

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

She most likely didn't say "please" or "thank you" either

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

branie2 wrote: »
    She most likely didn't say "please" or "thank you" either

The person making the roll or the customer?
    Can never understand why people go into shops and expect to be fawned over, then cry about it when they’re not getting enough attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 seekenee

I get a bit annoyed when someone ends a conversation with "go on!"

I know it's meant in good will but it just sounds to me like "thank god this conversation is over, I thought I'd never get away from you."

I just don't like it

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Can never understand why people go into shops and expect to be fawned over, then cry about it when they’re not getting enough attention.

The very least I expect in a shop or anywhere else is manners . Don't you ?
    If you deal with a customer you at least speak to them and have the manners not to speak to someone else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,588 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Those militant vegans in Oz.

I love it, the new modern age where anyone can be anything they want to be, its your right.

I can identify as a woman if I want, but if I want to eat a steak, No they don't allow me to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Not being fawned over but a bit of common decency. If she wanted to have a chat,wait till she is serving him,she can waffle all she likes then.I worked in retail and if i did that i would have been told off about it.

And i did say thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tespor

On the topic of customer service, TA by Lidl checkout staff who chat non-stop to each other via headset. Mind would they ever use it to summon additional staff when queues build, as I'm sure is one of the intended purposes of having this communication device.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I agree with the fawned over expectation, for the time I was a customer facing employee and what used to send me over the edge were the people in the Q who would be giving the person who I would be assisting and I evils and the odd tut while a transaction was being carried out. When it was their turn to be served it was quite all right for them to leave the counter to retrieve their wallet / purse from the car, attend to the kids who were fighting, answer their phone while I’m trying to take payment...all with two or three people waiting.... ughhh....people 😟

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

This mystery illness, whatever it is

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The school uniform was filthy yesterday and today the flask came home upside down and open in the bag:(

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    The school uniform was filthy yesterday and today the flask came home upside down and open in the bag:(

I was that child. I never had clean socks or tidy hair and if there was mud or a puddle, I'd find it. I wasn't allowed resealable cups, because they never resealed in my sticky little hands.

On behalf of all grubby little kids everywhere, I belatedly apologize to you and all your kind, Rubberlegs, for all the hassle me and my kind have caused, ever. :)

TA at people not bothering to thank one of my favourite people who does nice things for everyone. :(

Candie wrote: »
    I was that child. I never had clean socks or tidy hair and if there was mud or a puddle, I'd find it. I wasn't allowed resealable cups, because they never resealed in my sticky little hands.

On behalf of all grubby little kids everywhere, I belatedly apologize to you and all your kind, Rubberlegs, for all the hassle me and my kind have caused, ever. :)

TA at people not bothering to thank one of my favourite people who does nice things for everyone. :(

Ah, Candie, no need to apologise :). To be honest, it is history repeating, it's in the genes. I wasn't called Rubberlegs for nothing either, lol!

TA, I also dislike it when people don't appreciate the good that is done for them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Spotted a car today that had what I thought rather sad looking faded antlers and Rudolph nose stuck on since Christmas.
    It was an Easter Bunny nose and ears! 👿

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Liverpool winning

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

When I make an appointment with the doctor because of symptoms that I have all day (coughing, a pain somewhere etc). and when I get to the doctor's, they suddenly disappear and return when I leave the surgery!!:confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Erik Shun wrote:
    Liverpool winning

This post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Discovering as I'm getting ready that I left my make up bag in Reading. Well feck anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Uptight people who take themselves too seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,430 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Uptight people who take themselves too seriously.

Possibly related, people who make a big song and dance about not liking sports. Just ignore it, what harm is it doing you?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA the Holy Grail of eyeliners is being discontinued

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

When Boards logs you out and you lose all your followed threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Ah just fuk it.

Ah just fuk it.

Fuk it, fuk em all and the horses they rode in on. Its one of those days :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

The Force is strong with Bones and RL :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement