Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Ah just fuk it.

I could not have summed my current mood up any better than that.

Its just gonna take one person to say "smile" or "ah cheer up" and I am going postal.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

This day couldn't get any worse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Janey there must have been something in that east wind, I'm Ta'd you're all TA'd, hope things improve Bones/RL/DmcB/Auto

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Autosport wrote: »

What if next time you looked in a mirror you realised your face was inside out?
    :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people comment under an article Karma or one day he/she will get what they deserve. Personally I doubt it.

• Advertisement

What if next time you looked in a mirror you realised your face was inside out?
    :eek:

I'd still be beautiful

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Autosport wrote: »

NEVER say that!!! :eek: You might as well say "What could possibly go wrong?"

My TA - door-to-door salesmen with their strawman arguments they think you can't see through. On top of that, when told I wasn't interest in the least, the person in question made a small black cross on a photocopied page full of empty cells, and with a menacing expression told me "THERE! I'll tell "them", now!!"

Oooooh, an ickle cwoss in bwack biiiiwoooooo!!!! I'm positively terrified, now. :rolleyes:

I hope I don't ever need pre pay power, I will never buy a service from Vodafone or SSE.

I consider myself a polite person but the urge to say 'I didn't want it a couple of months ago and I don't f'ing want it now PFO'

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

My phone rings

" Hello Louise ." ( my name is not Louise )

" You have the wrong number "
    " Oh sorry but while you are here couldI interest you in helping the Red Cross ."

Hello Louise my arse

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hope I don't ever need pre pay power, I will never buy a service from Vodafone or SSE.

I consider myself a polite person but the urge to say 'I didn't want it a couple of months ago and I don't f'ing want it now PFO'

His excuse was that he wanted to give me an updated document on something that was already on the bill and done automatically, but then he took out a booklet on whose cover was written CONTRACT, and he wanted to take down my personal details and the a/c number. I told him I had opposable thumbs, internet access and a phone and I knew how to use all of them, and if I wanted to change my provider and/or tariff I'd do it myself. Yeah, that's the door, buster!

(He said he was from three different "versions" of the same company in the space of 5 minutes. Ph-leeze.)

• Advertisement

Another one here having a ridiculously stressful day, Im convinced we're due a new moon or something, wtf is wrong with people ffs.

Regarding callers to the door I'm sorted as one look at my face and they regret even calling and don't hang around.

Another one here having a ridiculously stressful day, Im convinced we're due a new moon or something, wtf is wrong with people ffs.

Regarding callers to the door I'm sorted as one look at my face and they regret even calling and don't hang around.

I had my "I've just been to the dentist and needed THREE injections" face. He must've been desperate.

New Home wrote: »
    I had my "I've just been to the dentist and needed THREE injections" face. He must've been desperate.

Or just plain stupid.. Never underestimate Homeo lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Last year I got sick and tired of them knocking the door , trying to get me to sign up to x ,y , z , so asked eldest son to answer the door and just say we're not interested .

He did exactly that , opened the door , said not interested , and closed the door .... it was bad , but funny :D

TA , I think it is the full moon due soon affecting everyone , I'm fed up of taking the brunt of it from others today , just feck off with your bad humour and taking it out on me .

We should start a club today folks :D

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Last year I got sick and tired of them knocking the door , trying to get me to sign up to x ,y , z , so asked eldest son to answer the door and just say we're not interested .

He did exactly that , opened the door , said not interested , and closed the door .... it was bad , but funny :D

I had a better plan, but, now you say that, it may have sounded a tad uncivilised. *puts darts away*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I lie through my teeth and tell anyone calling re electricity that my partner works for electric Ireland and we get discount. They skulk off with their tails between their legs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I lie through my teeth and tell anyone calling re electricity that my partner works for electric Ireland and we get discount. They skulk off with their tails between their legs :)

Brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Neighbours who, at the slightest bit of sunlight escaping through the clouds, decide they want to DJ for the whole neighbourhood from their garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

First-world problem, but it's so TA-ing when I sit down to watch a recorded new episode of a show on Sky Q, either someone had watched it already, or flicked onto its station, meaning it starts where they left off.

The amount of times I have skipped ahead mid-way through the episode is infuriating. As is how I always forget that if I chose the "watch from start" option, this would never happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I had regular calls to the door from SSE when they were already my provider. WTF? Don't they have this information?
    Anyway, one day I told the caller that if one more SSE sales person called to my door that I would switch provider.
    A while later a sales person was informed that they were the reason that I was going to Electric Ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Gmail turns 15!:(

PFOPFOPFO:mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Sure gmail is great B

Someone should get them confetti, bunting and balloons. You know, just to let them know they're loved, like. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The teenager decided on the spur of the moment to go into town this afternoon. I had a message to say my shoe was repaired and ready for collection this morning, so great I thought, she can get it for me. She is in town at 4 and texts me at 5.45 to ask what time the shop shuts. 5.30:(. Now I will have to drive the 20 minutes in tomorrow and pay for parking for the sake of running into one shop then back out again. Ya ask em to do one thing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I am just wrecked today. I don't know what's wrong with me, I'm wiped out. Not feeling great and hoping it goes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Not sure if it's the right place or not and apologies if it isn't.
    Last Friday was the ANNUAL flag day for Special Olympics Ireland but in the last couple of years, I have noticed that Temple Street have hosted a bake sale fundraiser - this is in addition to Trick or Treat for Temple Street at Halloween and other events that are run by Tesco for them throughout the year.
    Don't get me wrong, I have no issue with Temple Street fundraising and I always give as generously as I can but surely they could allow Special Olympics Ireland have their day to themselves (incidentally I support them generously too)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Rubberlegs wrote: »

What if he worked for Barry's ? I'd say you'd be delighted with all the free tea :pac:

Yes, but that wouldn't help with the likes of the ESB. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    Yes, but that wouldn't help with the likes of the ESB. :pac:

Pay them in tea bags :pac:

• Advertisement

Yea but Barry’s isn’t real tea :D

:D Love you Seph :D

My day turned out alright in the end

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement