Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Robbin ****ing bastard mechanics charged me £600 yesterday to get work done to the car. Including 4 new tyres. On a 4 year old car that does about 4,000 miles a year (if even) ffs. I'd say something if I were doing donuts in carparks but I drive to work and back and down to Tipp once a month.

And I couldn't say no coz the MOT is today and I need it to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Taxed my car well in advance of it running out. Tax disc never arrived in the post. Went in and applied for a new one, told it would have to be sent in the post I couldn't take it then and there. Envelope arrives this morning from the motor tax office. It's a replacement log book, not a tax disc. I may scream....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Erik Shun wrote: »
    I don't quite understand, could you be more pacific ?

The word is specific, you Palestine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I hate everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I hate everything.

Could be worse S - I've become everything I hated :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

I hate everything.

Me too?! .......I knew I'd get to you :D

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Me too?! .......I knew I'd get to you :D

Never hate you :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

...or chocolate... right?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I somehow managed to bite the inside of my lip yesterday. it is still very sore.

New Home wrote: »
    ...or chocolate... right?

I love chocolate too much!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

What is it with hairdressers, yes I know my hair isn't in perfect condition, I wouldn't be here if it was! Four girls standing around me commenting as if I'm not even in the room, what I thought would be a nice pamper day, just left the hairdressers in tears!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Dawg's comment made me TA. Do those little madams not realise that as the customer you are paying their wages, and the business relies on your repeat custom. Very poor staff training.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

I love chocolate too much!!

As my father used say...."cover me in chocolate and throw me to the lesbians"

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Space Dog

We have very little seating in our work canteen, today I was wedged beside some wagon who blew her nose so hard you'd think she was trying to squeeze her brain out. Really put me off my food, I was worried her snot was flung onto my plate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

House hunting programmes when the couple are loaded and are being shown fabulous houses but nothing is good enough for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    House hunting programmes when the couple are loaded and are being shown fabulous houses but nothing is good enough for them.

Most episodes of Caribbean Life. “Oh the house is nice but the bathroom doesn’t have a double vanity” jaysus christ can’t ye just share a sink like most of the rest of the world?

And yet the houses and scenery are so nice that I can’t stop watching :o:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

God yeah.

"Nigel and Kate want to escape the rat race and downsize.They need 4 bedrooms all ensuite, a guest room for all the guests they will not have over; an entertainment area for all the bqs they will not have during the summer; a work shop so Nigel can jerk off to his model train set, oh and 10 acres of garden for Kate's flowers and 6 dogs and 10 chicks, with 17th century period features and all mod cons. Oh and near the village pub. And they have £500k to spend."

Oh fcuk off you smug middle aged bastards standing there holding hands.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Most episodes of Caribbean Life. “Oh the house is nice but the bathroom doesn’t have a double vanity” jaysus christ can’t ye just share a sink like most of the rest of the world?

And yet the houses and scenery are so nice that I can’t stop watching :o:rolleyes:

Today on Fantasy Homes by the Sea, the houses were fabulous, but they weren't modern enough and the utility rooms were not big enough. Give me strength!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

God yeah.

"Nigel and Kate want to escape the rat race and downsize.They need 4 bedrooms all ensuite, a guest room for all the guests they will not have over; an entertainment area for all the bqs they will not have during the summer; a work shop so Nigel can jerk off to his model train set, oh and 10 acres of garden for Kate's flowers and 6 dogs and 10 chicks, with 17th century period features and all mod cons. Oh and near the village pub. And they have £500k to spend."

Oh fcuk off you smug middle aged bastards standing there holding hands.

I think you forgot,Kate is a unicorn whisperer and Nigel is a partime hipster

I fcuking hate Nigel and Kate

• Advertisement

Space Dog wrote: »
    We have very little seating in our work canteen, today I was wedged beside some wagon who blew her nose so hard you'd think she was trying to squeeze her brain out. Really put me off my food, I was worried her snot was flung onto my plate.

If that happened near me I'd have to dump all my lunch, even thinking about it turns my stomach, also people who just sneeze all over the place puke.

Ta I've a class later and I don't want to go too lazy tbh it's prepayed so that might persuade me we'll see..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,268 ✭✭✭Archeron

Woke up this morning with a chin pimple the size of a small African country :(
    And it's one of those throbby sore ones you can feel your pulse in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

There never happy, the eejits!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Just on those house renovation programmes, there's ALWAYS something surprisingly wrong with either the plumbing, the wiring, or a load-bearing wall that JUST HAS to go and has to be replaced with a steel beam that kicks the budget completely out of the water. Bugs me to hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

When people suck their fingers with loud wet smacking and popping sound effects after eating.
    Adult thumbsuckers. Just stop!

Being tagged into facebook watch parties, whatever on earth they are.

RE stupid reasons people dismiss houses, brought english friend to view a house and she loved it ''but there's no carpet in the 'lounge ''' can you not put one in?! also ...the word 'lounge '...but even worse ...I know someone who calls the bigger of their two sitting / living rooms ''the Great Room.''

• Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Last year I got sick and tired of them knocking the door , trying to get me to sign up to x ,y , z , so asked eldest son to answer the door and just say we're not interested .

He did exactly that , opened the door , said not interested , and closed the door .... it was bad , but funny :D

We should start a club today folks :D

Going by what I’m experiencing the last year or two years... doorstep sales pitches have increased to almost weekly where I’m living. Another one today at my parents place by a guy who just wouldn’t take no for an answer. It’s not just the frequency now but the intimidating nature of the calls. Just them NOT accepting no after being told NO five times...

We all have to make a living and sales can be a very difficult but if you need to walk onto someone’s property and make them uncomfortable in their own home / doorstep so you can earn a few quid you need to fûcking re-evaluate what you are doing with your life...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Strumms wrote: »
    Going by what I’m experiencing the last year or two years... doorstep sales pitches have increased to almost weekly where I’m living. Another one today at my parents place by a guy who just wouldn’t take no for an answer. It’s not just the frequency now but the intimidating nature of the calls. Just them NOT accepting no after being told NO five times...

We all have to make a living and sales can be a very difficult but if you need to walk onto someone’s property and make them uncomfortable in their own home / doorstep so you can earn a few quid you need to fûcking re-evaluate what you are doing with your life...

That's exactly it , it's the way they won't listen to you when you say no politely .
    They make you (me) feel as if you're stupid in not understanding how much better off you'd be in signing up with them . There and then .
    Why would you need time to think about it ? !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Residents Association have proposed to put a bench on the green on the other side of my back garden wall. Can just imagine all the kids hanging around it and using it to climb up on the wall. Put it outside your own house if you like the idea so much :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Ooh that's bad Poochie , I'm TA for you too !
    That's not a good idea at all :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Now 2 is out on CD and early reports state that they've used the wrong version of Relax.

There were four errors with the Now 1 CD release (2008) which were repeated on last year's reissue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement