Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Residents Association have proposed to put a bench on the green on the other side of my back garden wall. Can just imagine all the kids hanging around it and using it to climb up on the wall. Put it outside your own house if you like the idea so much :mad:

Tell them to stick their bench where the sun don't shine poochie! :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Well, you ARE supposed to sit on it, Seph...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    Well, you ARE supposed to sit on it, Seph...

Oh homeo

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Strumms wrote: »
    Going by what I’m experiencing the last year or two years... doorstep sales pitches have increased to almost weekly where I’m living. Another one today at my parents place by a guy who just wouldn’t take no for an answer. It’s not just the frequency now but the intimidating nature of the calls. Just them NOT accepting no after being told NO five times...

We all have to make a living and sales can be a very difficult but if you need to walk onto someone’s property and make them uncomfortable in their own home / doorstep so you can earn a few quid you need to fûcking re-evaluate what you are doing with your life...

Tell tehm you dont give bank details at the door,thats what i do.They cant argue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Artificial lighting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I had an awful nightmare about my cat. Still not right after it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Still being called ''Johnny's Sarah '' as people used to when I was. Names changed for obvious reason . (weirdly, I get Sarah a lot)

Assumptions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

When there is only one last disabled bay left & some selfish b*****d drives into it & leaves the hazards on. I can't be dealing with this **** today so I jump out of my car & tell him not so nicely to move. But sure he is waiting on someone in Tesco.

My mother is on oxygen & we really need that space!

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭KM792

People who post pictures of their baby scans on social media.Drives me spare.There will be enough chances to get nice pictures of your baby once it's born,keep the contents of your womb private until then.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Knine wrote: »
    When there is only one last disabled bay left & some selfish b*****d drives into it & leaves the hazards on. I can't be dealing with this **** today so I jump out of my car & tell him not so nicely to move. But sure he is waiting on someone in Tesco.

It’s a ball ache, been there when I needed those spaces myself too, funnily enough too it’s rarley a couple or an individual who nick those spaces but the glorious ‘I have kids’ brigade, who think by virtue of reproducing that regulations, common courticy and thinking of others greater in need do not need apply to them... “ahhh but hold on a sec ...I have kids here !” Really, yes you do, congratulations, kids with fully working fûcking legs. 🎉

• Advertisement

Tesco have a good few parent and child spaces if I remember correctly . Maybe this was a smaller car park?

Tesco have a good few parent and child spaces if I remember correctly . Maybe this was a smaller car park?

I think what happens in my experience going back only days is when all the parent and child places are taken, the drivers of said cars might see an accessible space or spaces free so they feel entitled to use them as they are used to having the use of specially designated and accessible parking. Why those spaces are painted with a wheelchair symbol, why they have a signpost adjacent to them also to indicate and make visible their purpose will not be of any interest to individual(s) whose prime motivation is to simply make life as easy and comfortable for themselves even if doing so penalizes those with a direct and tangible ‘need’ for those spaces.

This was a fit looking young man who drove by the empty spaces to go into the disabled bay! I told him in no uncertain terms to move! I was not too pleasant about it either!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Leaking pipe under a concrete kitchen floor with stone carpet over it. That's going to be easy and inexpensive to fix...

This was a fit looking young man who drove by the empty spaces to go into the disabled bay! I told him in no uncertain terms to move! I was not too pleasant about it either!

Nor should you be, one I had too was pulling a lady up, about 50, perfect mobility and no sticker on the car... “sure I just need milk and the paper love I’ll only be a sec yeah”. I’m just thinking...if there was justice in this world of ours next time you’d be able to park here legally you cû.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,324 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

This superfan phenomenon.

I am as big a Game of Thrones fan as the next man. But love most sports, travelling and history just as much. I like to think I have a good working knowledge of the topics, and can certainly hold conversations about same.

And I don't claim to be 'super' at anything. Or indeed let on that my fandom is above that of a 'normal' person.

Oh you must be a superfan sure if your staying up till 2AM Monday morning to watch the simulcast of the premiere of the new season of GOT. Yeah, sure most of us have to like, you know, work on a Monday.

'You literally can't wait for the new season'...stop the lights. Well I CAN wait to watch it whenever I get the chance.

Unsurprisingly, I find them very insular in terms of hobbies. Super bores more like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Took my son into the driving licence place in Cork earlier today for his first learner permit. Had made an appointment on line weeks ago. Got there 20 minutes early (I hate being late for anything).

Watched as the clock moved slowly, slowly onwards. 9.15....9.20.....9.25 (ah, anytime now, Son)......9.30....9.35...."Go and tell them your appointment was 9.20 Son, or we'll both be late for work.......9.40........TELL THEM NOW, SON.......9.45 Son pokes his head nervously around empty booth curtain.......and is told to take a seat while his details are checked....."Sorry, you're not on the list."

Fortunately, he had his phone with him, confirming the date and time of the appointment. Thankfully, we hadn't made a mistake.

Irrationally TA'd by this because everything worked out OK in the end, and neither of us were late for work. I'm still a little bit annoyed by it, almost 3 hours later :D

Secondary TA: "Learner Permit" - it sounds so American :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

This superfan phenomenon.

I am as big a Game of Thrones fan as the next man. But love most sports, travelling and history just as much. I like to think I have a good working knowledge of the topics, and can certainly hold conversations about same.

And I don't claim to be 'super' at anything. Or indeed let on that my fandom is above that of a 'normal' person.

Oh you must be a superfan sure if your staying up till 2AM Monday morning to watch the simulcast of the premiere of the new season of GOT. Yeah, sure most of us have to like, you know, work on a Monday.

'You literally can't wait for the new season'...stop the lights. Well I CAN wait to watch it whenever I get the chance.

Unsurprisingly, I find them very insular in terms of hobbies. Super bores more like.

God help any "superfan" that watches it at 2am and then spoils it for me on Monday at work. I will definitely go "Full Arya" on their a$$ :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Just too be aware disabilities are not required to be visible in order to obtain a disability parking permit

Just too be aware disabilities are not required to be visible in order to obtain a disability parking permit

That’s very true, however I’d hope that people do as we do ie. if OH is on her own in the car the permit is thrown in the glove compartment and she will park in an appropriate space thus not taking an accessible place from someone who genuinely requires it.

• Advertisement

You don't need to make me aware. I have 2 Permits for my daughter & mother! But just to be aware A Parking Permit is required to use these Bays. This guy had none! More people need to challenge & shame these people!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I'd a guy in my local supermarket take up not just one, but two disabled parking spaces. He was a taxi driver too. I told him to move. He was very rude and said: "do you need it?" I said I didn't, so he refused to move. I took a picture and reported him!

quickbeam wrote: »
    I'd a guy in my local supermarket take up not just one, but two disabled parking spaces. He was a taxi driver too. I told him to move. He was very rude and said: "do you need it?" I said I didn't, so he refused to move. I took a picture and reported him!

Good on you. It takes effort and inconvenience to stand up to the self entitled dregs of society but it is worth it for everyone.

Not today but was reminded of the last time I was in a&e when there was a long delay (for a very 'good ' reason, I'm sure ).
    People were standing at the desk waiting for the dr's or nurses to look up. This wagon kept trying to draw me into a tutting fest, throwing filthy looks at the desk and shaking her head at me. Just f*ck off, I cannot stand passive aggression . If there's something that needs to be said then say it-to their faces. I would .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

Parking idiot of the year award goes to..... This gimp!!

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1115988646287507458

Note...the spot the car is in...isn't a parking space. It's space between the disabled zone and a normal space...in a corner....

He’s taking up the disabled space ‘partially’ in turn rendering the space ‘unusable’ in its entirety for whoever NEEDS it. Good to see the Gardaí proactively enforcing the law here AND publicly informing everyone of the consequences of being a selfish little prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

You don't need to make me aware. I have 2 Permits for my daughter & mother! But just to be aware A Parking Permit is required to use these Bays. This guy had none! More people need to challenge & shame these people!

Well I wouldn’t have to make you aware had you outlined that in your previous comment rather than the fact he was fit looking and young which is completely irrelevant!

Well I wouldn’t have to make you aware had you outlined that in your previous comment rather than the fact he was fit looking and young which is completely irrelevant!

Lol making me aware? I would imagine almost every Permit Holder is very aware because you have to jump through hoops to get one!
    It is very relevant when he had no Blue Parking Permit! Do you think I would have insisted he move if he had a Valid Permit displayed?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Yes, I know some people and they look fine but they have some form of disability. They get sick of getting dirty looks and people confronting them in car parks demanding to see there pass.

• Advertisement

Better that people confront them though then turn a blind eye to people abusing these bays. I have been confronted lots of times & it does not bother me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement