Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

TA at myself - watching American Housewife and hating myself that I said the actress in it looked better when she was in Mike and Molly and skinny.

FFS anyone said that to me I'd be pissed so why did I do it ?????

Love that show. She plays a great part. We all say stupid things!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

northgirl wrote: »
    Love that show. She plays a great part. We all say stupid things!

I love it!!! Binged the first 6!!!!

I love it!!! Binged the first 6!!!!

Letting the current series run it's course before I delve in! Fab!! :)

Voters loudly discussing their preferences at ballot box, having to quickly usher them out the door.

Had a guy roaring at me in the street the time of the abortion referendum. Madness. F Off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Chatting with colleagues yes, they were slagging me about walking to some appointments as Im not allowed to drive.
    In this conversation, I mentioned that I don't like walking to x place as it means I have to go past y area.

Student of the year(she is connected) goes off on one at this comment about my obvious bias against the ppl who live in Y, how I should be glad it's not me and how unprofessional and inhuman it is of me to think like that about ppl who can't help their circumstances.

Never once did it dawn on her to restrain her rhetoric and think that walking past an encampment that is slightly off the path causing residents to drive quickly onto the path and onto the road might be dangerous to those of us walking on the same path.

In a word(s) ta ppl who don't think there might be a real issue before they make a show of them shooting their mouths off.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »

Tuesday brings a new week of possibilities one way or the other :)

Wise words from NG as always :-D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Ear hair.

Why? and What for?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Insulation?

My father would say that his TA is the time I used wax strips to remove his ear hair, but I had great fun.

(Ok, it was gross, but it was still fun)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Insulation for the inside of my ears I can live without. Only way to get rid of them is tweezers from what I can see.

Not sure how the wax would work and don't think I want to find out

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Ear hair.

Why? and What for?

To keep things out, and because as you age your ear hair grows longer though not thicker or more dense. As you age your hairs life cycle changes, so you thin on top and grow long, luxuriant, extravagant ear and nose hair to compensate.

Not much of a trade-off, sadly.

My TA: Thinking I've loads of time before I had to meet someone, then panicking when I realized I'd frittered away too much time, then rushing like crazy to get to the meeting, then getting a message that the other person will be late.

Thank you very much, ye gods of chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Candie wrote: »
    To keep things out, and because as you age your ear hair grows longer though not thicker or more dense. As you age your hairs life cycle changes, so you thin on top and grow long, luxuriant, extravagant ear and nose hair to compensate.

Not much of a trade-off, sadly.

My TA: Thinking I've loads of time before I had to meet someone, then panicking when I realized I'd frittered away too much time, then rushing like crazy to get to the meeting, then getting a message that the other person will be late.

Thank you very much, ye gods of chaos.

If the ear hair gets long enough you can comb it over the bald spot on top. Look on the bright side.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Insulation for the inside of my ears I can live without. Only way to get rid of them is tweezers from what I can see.

Not sure how the wax would work and don't think I want to find out

Let's just say the wax strips made gave him a better understanding of women's grooming (including the legs).

Those razors for nostrils are supposed to work well on ears, too, provided they don't break after one use, like the last one he got.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When I squeezed the almost empty bottle of salad cream onto my sandwich air puffed out of it and blew some lettuce off of it.

New Home wrote: »
    Let's just say the wax strips made gave him a better understanding of women's grooming (including the legs).

Those razors for nostrils are supposed to work well on ears, too, provided they don't break after one use, like the last one he got.

Cutting nose hairs is a terrible idea. It is really itchy and painful as it grows back. Just pluck it out.

Cutting nose hairs is a terrible idea. It is really itchy and painful as it grows back. Just pluck it out.

Imagine the state you'd be in if you got an infected follicle or ingrown hair though :(

Not my hairs, not my ears. :cool:

I'd say that if you disinfect the skin before and after you should be ok.

In fairness, he hasn't ask me to go near his ears since, I wonder why. :pac:

Candie wrote: »
    Imagine the state you'd be in if you got an infected follicle or ingrown hair though :(

they tend to have really shallow roots and pluck out quite easily. It is worth the risk.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Get rid of nasal and ear hair with a lighter and a can of Lynx Africa.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Ticketmaster. Had the app all ready to go this morning and then noticed the concert wasn’t appearing when I searched it. Tried desktop version and was working fine so went with that. Managed to secure two premium tickets, tried logging in and kept saying wrong details. So I re-registered and then it said this email already exists. Then I tried logging in with my boyfriend’s details and finally got through to payment. Added in my details and got to the verified by visa page. At this point I text my boyfriend to say he can stop queuing because I’ve got them and didn’t want him paying as well, so he leaves the online queue. That very second the whole thing crashed and I got an error message on screen and by the time I tried again it was all sold out. So ya, half Ticketmaster’s fault, half my ineptitude. Annoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Also annoyed with Ticketmaster . I booked two tickets and finished my payment . Two minutes later got an e mail from some stupid " cancellation cover insurance " thanking me for buying cover for €7
    I know its not a huge sum but I did not click it so obviously you have to UNCLICK the bloody thing .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Failing exams, gutted.

Sorry to hear that Seph , but I echo what NG says . Take time for yourself this weekend and see what next week brings .

Things may not seem as bleak then :)

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Also annoyed with Ticketmaster . I booked two tickets and finished my payment . Two minutes later got an e mail from some stupid " cancellation cover insurance " thanking me for buying cover for €7
    I know its not a huge sum but I did not click it so obviously you have to UNCLICK the bloody thing .

You can cancel and get a refund. Info here

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/hc/en-ie/articles/360006528393-Missed-Event-Insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ticketmaster. Had the app all ready to go this morning and then noticed the concert wasn’t appearing when I searched it. Tried desktop version and was working fine so went with that. Managed to secure two premium tickets, tried logging in and kept saying wrong details. So I re-registered and then it said this email already exists. Then I tried logging in with my boyfriend’s details and finally got through to payment. Added in my details and got to the verified by visa page. At this point I text my boyfriend to say he can stop queuing because I’ve got them and didn’t want him paying as well, so he leaves the online queue. That very second the whole thing crashed and I got an error message on screen and by the time I tried again it was all sold out. So ya, half Ticketmaster’s fault, half my ineptitude. Annoyed.

Had this happen to me with the Pink tickets. I was all logged in before 9am and ready to go with my card loaded onto my account. When I got through to get the tickets it asked me to log in again and then wouldn't accept my pre-loaded card because it was already registered on that account so I had to do a panic swap of funds while I used a different card to pay.
    As far as I'm concerned logging into ticketbastard before the sale does absolutely not make the sale faster. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Thank you ! I will out of principle !

PS . 20 minutes later I have notification of a refund !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA'd that there's no October bank holiday here :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Skinny jeans. They can not be comfortable. Plus anyone over 23 wearing them. Or fat lads wearing them, crotch area must be under some serious strain.
    This no socks fad that I've noticed. What is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Driving on N7 earlier on third lane overtaking a car in middle lane then this big green bus arrives on my bumper, I looked at my speedo, 108kmh, and this hoor then flashed his lights at me 3 times, as tempted as I was to flash the brake lights, I didn't, I accelerated a little, and he came right up behind me again, I put down my window as we came to traffic, and took a photo of him in my mirror, he backed off but didn't leave lane 3,
    Is a bus supposed to exceed 100kmh and are they (by rules of road) allowed in third lane?

Flashed me.....grrr. ignoramus.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

These absolute jerks who come on the radio saying” Thank you for having me on”

Where did this bolloxology start.

Also stults starting every sentence with ‘so’

How this this bolloxology start.

Drives me absolutely bonkers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that Seph , but I echo what NG says . Take time for yourself this weekend and see what next week brings .

Things may not seem as bleak then :)

Too kind mam :3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement