Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Knine wrote: »
    Better that people confront them though then turn a blind eye to people abusing these bays. I have been confronted lots of times & it does not bother me.

Aren't the passes for your mother and daughter? or did I get that wrong.
    I know grown adults and they are they have an issue and they just want to get on with there day without people coming up to saying what's wrong with you? You look fine/fit.
    I know sometimes these people mean well but they can really make people feel bad/not worthy of a permit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Giving people a lift in your car and then finding that they have left their rubbish behind!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,012 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

This was a fit looking young man who drove by the empty spaces to go into the disabled bay! I told him in no uncertain terms to move! I was not too pleasant about it either!

On the flip side , I’ve got dirty looks/ notes on windscreen for parking in a disabled spot . Despite the fact that my badge is clearly displayed . The last one called me a “ disgrace as I was obviously an able bodied person with a disabled badge” ?? Wtf . She ( I presume ) is a Fcuking know it all who seen a man walk 20 yards and assumed I don’t have a disability. I wish !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

cjmc wrote: »
    On the flip side , I’ve got dirty looks/ notes on windscreen for parking in a disabled spot . Despite the fact that my badge is clearly displayed . The last one called me a “ disgrace as I was obviously an able bodied person with a disabled badge” ?? Wtf . She ( I presume ) is a Fcuking know it all who seen a man walk 20 yards and assumed I don’t have a disability. I wish !

Shopping centers in England will have dedicated spaces for disabled/parent & child. They are not like Blue Bays and not legally enforceable as such.

Now I have on occasion parked in one late at night when the place is empty (as in 20 odd empty spaces) and if anyone is giving me strange look I have put on a limp while walking away...:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I know grown adults and they are they have an issue and they just want to get on with there day without people coming up to saying what's wrong with you? You look fine/fit.
    I know sometimes these people mean well but they can really make people feel bad/not worthy of a permit.

Yes you are right but they sometimes don't see my daughter as windows are tinted & I could be waiting on my mother to come out of the shop! If someone thinks a pass is being used fraudulently, there is a number on it that they can use to report the person.

Honestly it is better that people are checking then saying nothing. That guy today as bold as brass drove through an empty car park to take the last spot and actually had the gall to tell me he was waiting on someone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If you have a badge you are entitled to use those spaces. The only manner to possibly acquire one is by virtue of receiving a signature on the document from a qualified doctor to say you need one when applying for it. To have that second guessed by some ignorant cûnt from the depths of idiotsville isn’t on. With some luck maybe they might need to discover first hand the processes for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Trying to get in touch with someone since 9am. Every time I called I was told they had "just stepped out again" and given a later time to call back. I was assured they would definitely be there each time. I do not like being messed around.

To be honest unless I really needed the space and it was blatantly obvious the car had no sticker I’m not going to say anything. Arseholes unfortunately are more commonplace then ever in society these days, often the first symptoms being self entitled and nosy, if you have evidence of someone parked illegally, call the authorities, you can’t and won’t move them yourself. Though with the person as described here it’s more verbal diahorrea madness, again.

Yes you are right but they sometimes don't see my daughter as windows are tinted & I could be waiting on my mother to come out of the shop! If someone thinks a pass is being used fraudulently, there is a number on it that they can use to report the person.

Honestly it is better that people are checking then saying nothing. That guy today as bold as brass drove through an empty car park to take the last spot and actually had the gall to tell me he was waiting on someone!

Check by all means and if there’s no badge call someone in authority /say something. But if there IS a badge don’t make them feel worse than they probably do already

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Check by all means and if there’s no badge call someone in authority /say something. But if there IS a badge don’t make them feel worse than they probably do already

If I need that space I will indeed check, I never question anyone who has a badge. Most offenders can be spotted though, they often sit in the car, the very bright ones leave a beacon on highlighting their ignorance by leaving hazards on. Most move out of the spot when asked. One gave me abuse so I parked behind him & headed off shopping! He threatened to call the Garda on me!

• Advertisement

Some people just see themselves as social justice warriors.(This is a thing that annoys me also)
    They don't really care about the disabled but just like being able to tell people how good they are for making somebody to move there car.

Some people just see themselves as social justice warriors.(This is a thing that annoys me also)
    They don't really care about the disabled but just like being able to tell people how good they are for making somebody to move there car.
    See my post above about the concerned citizen who left the note on my car even though my badge was on display. It really got to me , the fcuker

This is derailing the thread , sorry ;)

Some people just see themselves as social justice warriors.

It would be a very peculiar term to label yourself. I think socially conscious and or fair minded might be a better way to label the mindset of a person concerned enough to face down someone who is attempting to take the space from another person who is entitled to the space, who needs the space.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Telltale Shyte-stirrers.
    People who can’t wait to tell the boss about some little mistake made by another worker or something that was said but not for the ears of those in authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,023 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

My TA is trying to eat an avocado....when ripe the bleeding middle flies out at you when you use a spoon to scoop it out,destroying your clothes in the process....and when not quite ripe trying to eat it is akin to trying to shovel concrete....
    And don’t get me started on the danger involved in trying to remove the “seed”������������

Strumms wrote: »
    It would be a very peculiar term to label yourself. I think socially conscious and or fair minded might be a better way to label the mindset of a person concerned enough to face down someone who is attempting to take the space from another person who is entitled to the space, who needs the space.

I disagree agree with you. I often see people at this and the majority of the time. They just want praise of people or likes on Facebook for being so socially conscious.
    They don't care about people with hidden disabilities or how they make them feel.
    Just my opinion.

Telltale Shyte-stirrers.
    People who can’t wait to tell the boss about some little mistake made by another worker or something that was said but not for the ears of those in authority.

Plenty of those too in my old place. I was advised many years ago by a family member that if a colleague is bitching or moaning to you about someone behind that persons back, you can be quite sure that they are or will be doing the same to/about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I watched all of season 1 of Tin Star over the last few days. Last episode a characters gives another character a “warning shot” to the leg ... with a shotgun. Yer man falls like he’s been given a dead leg, minimal blood and walks off through the woods for ages.
    His leg would be smeared across the back wall FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Rang Laya today with a very simple query

" ehm , uhm , yeh will ehm uhm check that for you "

I spoonfeed him the question and he gets back after 5 minutes

" ehmmm , uhm , what date did you say ehm uhmmm . "

I came away as informed as I was before I rang

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Queue hoppers. Fcuk queue hoppers man. Queueing for security at Milan airport and some wan just slowly crawls up the queue, breezing passed people without so much as a glance. I stood there and said nothing as my blood boiled, waiting for some Italian to call her on her bullsh1t. No one did

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Queue hoppers. Fcuk queue hoppers man. Queueing for security at Milan airport and some wan just slowly crawls up the queue, breezing passed people without so much as a glance. I stood there and said nothing as my blood boiled, waiting for some Italian to call her on her bullsh1t. No one did

The Italians don’t know what queuing is. They don’t even have a word for queue! Used to drive me mad when I lived there, they'd stand around you in the bank, watching you doing your transaction.

I disagree agree with you. I often see people at this and the majority of the time. They just want praise of people or likes on Facebook for being so socially conscious.
    They don't care about people with hidden disabilities or how they make them feel.
    Just my opinion.

I will agree to some extent.., again ‘righteous praise hunters’ are the label I’d give them and it seems now to be a more prevalent behavior in this modern society then ever before. Again though contrary to this, most decent folks are going to call it and apart from mention it over a pint maybe forget it as quickly as happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Poochie05 wrote: »
    The Italians don’t know what queuing is. They don’t even have a word for queue! Used to drive me mad when I lived there, they'd stand around you in the bank, watching you doing your transaction.

Did not know that was a thing. It all makes sense now. IME they're not exactly shy on speaking their mind and yet this young wan sauntered up past everyone and people just stood there, not a bother on them. Meanwhile my blood pressure is through the roof watching her!

Some other wan up my arse behind me too, breathing down my neck, trying to overtake me. It all makes sense now. Jesus I'd have murdered more than one person by now if I lived there.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You need sharp elbows, that's why God created them. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

ta with the batsh1t stories by people nothing better to do, who've never even spoken to me. Allegedly I'm riding everything with a pulse. There was me thinking I was grieving a husband so that's nice to know! Explains why some men have been cocky with me lately . I'm going to set up a lesbian island , all donations welcome .

I’ll donate if I can watch,

I have a thing about watching islands being built

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm going to set up a lesbian island

It has been done already, you should come up with something more original. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Strumms wrote: »
    I’ll donate if I can watch,

I have a thing about watching islands being built

I was being angry there. You've ruined it :)

You can watch through binoculars on the mainland , so the flamethrowers don't get you .

• Advertisement

I was being angry there. You've ruined it :)

You can watch through binoculars on the mainland , so the flamethrowers don't get you .

Ok deal, I’ll be saying a novena, or something. :eek::D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement