Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Urban Decay have a a Game of Thrones makeup collection out. I’m mad after the eyeshadow palette so I went to order it today. Only ships to the UK. Grand, says I, I’ll use my AddressPal address. Needs a phone number starting with +44 and so won’t accept my Irish number :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Aldi freezer compartment labelled as "frozen peppers/mushrooms" was filled with butternut squash.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭BillieT

Timewasters on Adverts.ie :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Eating all day, and still hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Eating all day, and still hungry.

Check for worms...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Urban Decay have a a Game of Thrones makeup collection out. I’m mad after the eyeshadow palette so I went to order it today. Only ships to the UK. Grand, says I, I’ll use my AddressPal address. Needs a phone number starting with +44 and so won’t accept my Irish number :(

Use theirs if it's listed on the website (UD's) ?

Don't want to inflict my ta's on ye atm, will wait til I can see the funny side

Use theirs if it's listed on the website (UD's) ?

Don't want to inflict my ta's on ye atm, will wait til I can see the funny side

Ooh I’d never have thought of that! I’ll check it out, thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Tv advert for Elf the musical in December.... fck right off..8 months time and I couldn't think of anything worse to sit thru in the theatre

Just been told my granny had a heart attack. LAST SUNDAY. Why am I only finding out now? Oh my dad is some cnut :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭BillieT

Just been told my granny had a heart attack. LAST SUNDAY. Why am I only finding out now? Oh my dad is some cnut :mad::mad:

My mother had cancer, and a stranger told me two months later. My whole family are cnuts :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Attention seekers on Facebook who spell their name in Irish just to stand out from the crowd.
    Ffs you haven’t a word of Irish and you probably had to use google to spell your name in Irish but carry on please.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,012 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Drivers doing 100kph on a good stretch of road suddenly hit the brakes and slow down to 60 / 80 when they see a speedo van . ffs you’re not braking the law !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

cjmc wrote: »
    Drivers doing 100kph on a good stretch of road suddenly hit the brakes and slow down to 60 / 80 when they see a speedo van . ffs you’re not braking the law !

:pac: Freudian slip? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hope she's alright kitty

Toxicity in people.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

TA'd at my weather station. EVERY TIME I change the batteries at the external sensor, the first temperature reading is up in the twenties, regardless of how long I put the sensor out to acclimate. It usually takes half an hour to get back to normal, and screws up all my averages, particularly for the colder months!!!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

BillieT wrote: »
    My mother had cancer, and a stranger told me two months later. My whole family are cnuts :mad::mad:

Family, eh?
    Hope she's alright kitty

Toxicity in people.

Thanks Seph. Apparently she’s fine, but I’m gonna head down to see her on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,012 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

People who post here about Irish people supporting English soccer teams ( Liverpool/ Man U )and not Irish ones .
    Maybe it’s the bigger occasion, ie the roar of 40000 people not 40. Maybe it’s the far higher standard they play . It’s maybe a whole load of things but why oh why should you give a sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My cough and cold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Boris Johnson's head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Very trivial indeed, but my hubby's love for Game of Thrones. He's set his alarm for 1:30 am, because the show returns at 2am tonight/this morning. He gets up at five am for work, ffs.

But I love the bones of him, so I'll let this pass....as long as he doesn't wake me. :pac:

• Advertisement

I think I've forgotten how to sleep .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Very trivial indeed, but my hubby's love for Game of Thrones. He's set his alarm for 1:30 am, because the show returns at 2am tonight/this morning. He gets up at five am for work, ffs.

But I love the bones of him, so I'll let this pass....as long as he doesn't wake me. :pac:

:eek: Who knew... I love the bones of you is a bigamist!! :eek::eek: Does poor Fartie know?!?

New Home wrote: »
    :eek: Who knew... I love the bones of you is a bigamist!! :eek::eek: Does poor Fartie know?!?

Skitting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Skitting.

^^ A very cork word I find :)

Woken with a headache is my TA

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Harlow Wonderful Soy

Golf and Game of Thrones bores at work today...could not care less about two of the dullest things ever

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bad mannered horses. Usually I'm on the way to work by now so don't hear it, but the last couple of weeks I've noticed there are a few door kickers in the yard outside my house.

Do they not know I'm trying to sleep??? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

New Home wrote:
    Who knew... I love the bones of you is a bigamist!! Does poor Fartie know?!?

Ahem. One is a Mormon don't you know? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Attention seekers on Facebook who spell their name in Irish just to stand out from the crowd.
    Ffs you haven’t a word of Irish and you probably had to use google to spell your name in Irish but carry on please.

I used to think the same, but apparently it's generally people who don't want colleagues or bosses etc checking out their FB stuff.

I used to think the same, but apparently it's generally people who don't want colleagues or bosses etc checking out their FB stuff.

I had a far fetched fb name , it was an in-joke with friends but would've looked delusional to others ...(alt. models and burlesque dancers , etc, do use daft names , it's for fun, really )I didn't want someone to find me on fb...used mine for an email address as anything else was in use despite having 2 , one unusual, names I use interchangeably . I've changed it to my Irish name because it's time to stop acting the maggot with stupid names . In fairness those of us who attended a gaelscoil can find Irish popping out now and then and it's nice to feel you still have some connection .Never occurred to me it seems pretentious . Sometimes I do wonder ''what the hell is that one in English , though :)

TA feelings . Must have fallen into a puddle of feelings .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When you have to pick up the slack for co-workers who are too stupid to catch on to things

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement