Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA that downloads are so relatively expensive, looking at a few albums and it's cheaper to get the CD's, just have to wait on the postman and rip them myself.

It's not like they have to manufacture/print booklets/package and then send to the retailer.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Maybe not so trivial but the fact that just because you decide to tackle an issue doesn't automatically mean that the issue is magically fixed straight away...

Also, on the trivial theme, the person in work who refuses to rinse their teaspoon and instead leaves it in the sink. Every. Damn. Day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Kitty6277 wrote:
    TA'd that there's no October bank holiday here

Ouch! That's a bad burn Kitty. The goggles, they do nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TG1 wrote: »
    Maybe not so trivial but the fact that just because you decide to tackle an issue doesn't automatically mean that the issue is magically fixed straight away...

Also, on the trivial theme, the person in work who refuses to rinse their teaspoon and instead leaves it in the sink. Every. Damn. Day.

That's nothing.

I work with people who put gone off milk back into the fridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    That's nothing.

I work with people who put gone off milk back into the fridge.

Nooooo!..........Keep that quiet in case anyone else gets the idea

Heading bed-side real soon now

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yoghurt? Cottage cheese? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

All my plans for tomorrow are falling apart :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,312 ✭✭✭blackbox

Voting on a Friday.

Why can't we do it on Saturday so schools don't have to close. What a waste.

It would also be better for people who are away from home all week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Going out tonight, and my flatmate spilled Echo Falls all over me. I basically smell like peach schnapps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

blackbox wrote: »
    Voting on a Friday.

Why can't we do it on Saturday so schools don't have to close. What a waste.

It suits a certain demographic. And those that want the youth vote.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Having a boss who constantly finds fault, no matter what I do. She made it obvious from day one that she didn't like me, which I can live with, but I could stand on my head, read the Bible backwards, bake cakes and all while doing my job..and she will always find some way to criticize me.
    Without her, this would be my dream job, but she's pecking away at my confidence and it's really getting too much now. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Having a boss who constantly finds fault, no matter what I do. She made it obvious from day one that she didn't like me, which I can live with, but I could stand on my head, read the Bible backwards, bake cakes and all while doing my job..and she will always find some way to criticize me.
    Without her, this would be my dream job, but she's pecking away at my confidence and it's really getting too much now. :(

That's ****ty. Find a way to make it work. Unfortunately your next boss could be worse. In fact, this could be life secretly preparing you for something, making you stronger, yadda yadda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Oh bubbles, I could have written that post, and it's not trivial. When someone is doing their best to put you down everyday it's horrible. I don't have any advice as I don't even know how to sort my own bad boss, but I do know what it's like,and it's much more than trivial.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

0lddog wrote: »
    Nooooo!..........Keep that quiet in case anyone else gets the idea

Heading bed-side real soon now

All of a sudden I have an evil plan embedded in my head *evil*

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

selous wrote: »
    Driving on N7 earlier on third lane overtaking a car in middle lane then this big green bus arrives on my bumper, I looked at my speedo, 108kmh, and this hoor then flashed his lights at me 3 times, as tempted as I was to flash the brake lights, I didn't, I accelerated a little, and he came right up behind me again, I put down my window as we came to traffic, and took a photo of him in my mirror, he backed off but didn't leave lane 3,
    Is a bus supposed to exceed 100kmh and are they (by rules of road) allowed in third lane?

Flashed me.....grrr. ignoramus.
    If you're saying that you used your phone to take a photo while you were driving, you're not in much of a position to lecture others about your driving.

The green bus on the N7 was probably from Dublin Coach company, if you want to follow up with them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

blackbox wrote: »

They should be voting in the place that they live. Not where they spend the weekend. That is a major annoyance of mine. It is so easy to change your voting address yet you have huge amounts of people that want to travel back to the birthplace to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

If you're saying that you used your phone to take a photo while you were driving, you're not in much of a position to lecture others about your driving.

The green bus on the N7 was probably from Dublin Coach company, if you want to follow up with them.

I took it when we stopping at the traffic jam on N7 (15-20kmh), it was stopped before jct 5, wouldn't use phone at 110 to take pictures.
    Don't know what his hurry was no one was getting anywhere fast yesterday on that road. then onto roadworks on M7.
    (But I take your point even at 15-20km, it only takes a second)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

Is it just me or is there an excessive amount of advertisment for the new Johnny English film?

Fcuking cnuts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

My recent post history not updating in advanced search. This is the second time it's happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The upselling in shops. I've worked in retail, and been pressured to upsell, so I don't blame the staff. It's just very annoying.

• Advertisement

A parcel was delivered to my building today, but I won't be able to collect it till reception opens on Monday :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Maybe that the water coming in is colder now but on our shower the difference between not quite hot enough and scalding takes a very small turn on the dial.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    They should be voting in the place that they live. Not where they spend the weekend. That is a major annoyance of mine. It is so easy to change your voting address yet you have huge amounts of people that want to travel back to the birthplace to do so.
    Some families like to hold a 'critical mass' of votes in the family home to be able to 'trade' for influence with local politicians. I agree with you though, people should vote where they live.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

madmaggie wrote: »
    The upselling in shops. I've worked in retail, and been pressured to upsell, so I don't blame the staff. It's just very annoying.

I had it in a beauticians the other day. “Oh you should consider laser, we do it here and...” which was shortly after followed by “we’re launching a new range of facials, they’re great for every type of skin”. I made a non-commital response to that and then when I was paying she started with “will I book you in for a facial?”. FFS. And this was the owner. It’s actually put me off going back.

Netflix not opening because the internet is being sh*te. Christ like, I pay enough to live here, is it too much to expect decent Wifi? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

madmaggie wrote: »
    When my sister was younger I used to like spoiling her with hair accessories etc. Claire's was great for that kind of stuff but the staff used to drive me demented. You'd only have entered the shop and they'd be over handing you a basket and at the till there was always loads of stuff they'd try to get you to buy. I know they were under orders from management but it was really annoying. I haven't been in there in years so I don't know if they're still that pushy. Up selling is smart but over doing it just puts people off. I've noticed the last few times I've been in Dealz they are trying to get me to buy sweets/chocolate at the till. I'm sure the staff get sick of saying the same thing to customers but I wish they'd stop it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    .... I've noticed the last few times I've been in Dealz they are trying to get me to buy sweets/chocolate at the till. I'm sure the staff get sick of saying the same thing to customers but I wish they'd stop it.

You actually see staff in Dealz? The last few times I've been in there have only been self check outs in use with their incredibly irritating "Elvis" voice over.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

You actually see staff in Dealz? The last few times I've been in there have only been self check outs in use with their incredibly irritating "Elvis" voice over.

Was in Dealz earlier & they had Halloween 'spooky' voice-overs.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Movie trailers, just saw a trailer for Jason and they bloody well showed a jump scare moment that I know will happen now, hate that *cross face*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I had it in a beauticians the other day. “Oh you should consider laser, we do it here and...” which was shortly after followed by “we’re launching a new range of facials, they’re great for every type of skin”. I made a non-commital response to that and then when I was paying she started with “will I book you in for a facial?”. FFS. And this was the owner. It’s actually put me off going back.

Some hair salons do this too.
    I was getting a blow dry in one a few years back and she was pushing for a product so I vowed never to go back to them again and never did.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement