Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I don't know if it's warm or cold today. I'm like that peely peely guy that hasn't a clue what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,984 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

kowloon wrote: »
    If that makes me a filthy communist in your eyes so be it.

apparently, it makes you some kind of religious commie!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Squatter wrote: »
    I'm shocked to learn that you appear to regard all communists as filthy! .

Off topic but I remember reading the biography of Che Guevara (which is a very interesting read) and soon after the communist revolution in Cuba there were Soviet advisors sent to Cuba to 'assist'. The Cubans were appalled by the lack of hygiene of the advisors with Che (who apparently also had poor hygiene) seeing it as something the locals would have to get used to as the revolution advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

apparently, it makes you some kind of religious commie!

Yeah, I think I've bruised their ego so they're trying to write off my opinion by making me part of a group they look down on.
    Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Off topic but I remember reading the biography of Che Guevara (which is a very interesting read) and soon after the communist revolution in Cuba there were Soviet advisors sent to Cuba to 'assist'. The Cubans were appalled by the lack of hygiene of the advisors with Che (who apparently also had poor hygiene) seeing it as something the locals would have to get used to as the revolution advanced.

The guerilla lifestyle wouldn't lend itself to keeping clean. I'm guessing they were pretty pungent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I was behind a woman in a dry cleaners, in a shopping center a couple of years back. When asked for her name and address, she loudly proclaimed
    Mrs Doctor O’Malley
    The Surgery
    North County Dublin Town

At first I thought she was joking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

kowloon wrote: »

Yeah, I think I've bruised their ego so they're trying to write off my opinion by making me part of a group they look down on.

It's not your opinion, it's Vincent Browne's! He used to rant about it every time that someone with a bit of education bothered to appear on his TV3 comedy show!

(What are the odds that he addressed the surgeon who removed his piles as "doctor"?)

As an aside, why would I feel the need to look down on someone who I really couldn't give a tuppenny fúck about?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

People who use silly fonts in emails.

The coffee making machine in the nearest Dunnes Stores to me just now has "out of order" notice. There' s no where else for miles round to buy a cup of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

fyi in email or anything else. Did I think it was for my dog ? Semi legalistic, passive aggressive crap.

Squatter wrote: »
    It's not your opinion, it's Vincent Browne's! He used to rant about it every time that someone with a bit of education bothered to appear on his TV3 comedy show!

(What are the odds that he addressed the surgeon who removed his piles as "doctor"?)

As an aside, why would I feel the need to look down on someone who I really couldn't give a tuppenny fúck about?

I'm not allowed have my own opinion on something? You care enough to post and call me a communist, so I take it I've hit a nerve. Do you feel you need a title to make you feel special?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

TA'd at nit picking contests....

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Dunno why I was randomly thinking of this today, but flyers on cars.

How is that not littering? Seriously - is it up to me to dispose of the thing that I didn't ask to be put on my car? Once, years back, I went to my car to find a poster (bigger than A4 but smaller than A3) for a modified car show on my windscreen. It made it look like I was advertising the show. The worst part was it'd been raining, the ink on the poster was running, and it was dissolving into thousands of tiny pieces. There was no bin in sight and my had got paper and ink on it from just picking the thing off my windscreen. Wtf was I supposed to do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Had to stop reading twitter because of the GoT spoilers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭storker

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    People who use silly fonts in emails.

Or worse, coloured backgrounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I’m sure I’ve said this before, but how your break at work always goes so fast :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’m sure I’ve said this before, but how your break at work always goes so fast :(

It's just a pity that the work never seems to go as fast....

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Motivational quotes on bathroom mirrors. I did not know this was a thing until this weekend, and now I've seen two in three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

bolgbui41 wrote: »
    Motivational quotes on bathroom mirrors. I did not know this was a thing until this weekend, and now I've seen two in three days.

I'd like to see the opposite.

"Don't bother"
    "You look like ****e"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I don't understand this, does moths not understand English, I been telling them to fcuk off to hell about a billion times now but they still come flying at my face. :mad::(

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

I'd like to see the opposite.

"Don't bother"
    "You look like ****e"

Remember De-motivational posters? I miss those.

• Advertisement

I don't understand this, does moths not understand English, I been telling them to fcuk off to hell about a billion times now but they still come flying at my face. :mad::(

Don't leave your clothes lying about the place. Hoover your carpet.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,535 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I've being using the AIB app for a while now and I can't remember my Registration number to log in on other devices!

I've being using the AIB app for a while now and I can't remember my Registration number to log in on other devices!

I had the same issue, went into the branch and they pressed a few buttons and I got a text with the registration number. Perhaps you can recover it from their website?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

They earned the title "doctor". Perhaps you should respect that a 5 year medical degree isn't the only way to be a doctor, a 4 year PhD takes a lot more work!

Nothing wrong with using it on your CV if you worked for it but calling yourself a doctor cause you did some more college is bollox.

Plenty of dossers make their way through college and scrape by qualifcations.

Call me old fashioned but if I am having a heart attack and someone shouts out is there a doctor in the house, I want an MD to stand up and not an obnoxious twit who spent a bit longer in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    There was no almond in the last Raffaello :(

Ha I was only talking about food being **** today, had a delicious mandarin today, the last segment tasted disgusting almost rotten.

The thing that ruins your food is always in the last mouthful, a hair, bit of egg shell, hard bit of gristle in mince

• Registered Users Posts: 30,535 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I had the same issue, went into the branch and they pressed a few buttons and I got a text with the registration number. Perhaps you can recover it from their website?

Thanks, I probably will try and do something like that or ring them.

Thanks, I probably will try and do something like that or ring them.

Pain in the tits though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

People and the amount of sh!te they talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

RMAOK wrote: »
    It's just a pity that the work never seems to go as fast....

That’s exactly the problem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Game of Throne fans

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement