Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,463 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Pain in the tits though...

I did it online.
    I was about two number out!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Autosport wrote: »
    Game of Throne fans

Have you ever watched an episode of it?

P.S. I've Never seen an episode myself

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

RMAOK wrote: »
    Have you ever watched an episode of it?

P.S. I've Never seen an episode myself

#metoo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I don't understand this, does moths not understand English, I been telling them to fcuk off to hell about a billion times now but they still come flying at my face. :mad::(

Rub your face on a fresh bit of cedarwood, they hate that stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Twitter being quoted in news stories.

Twitter in general actually. Has anything good ever come out of it?

• Advertisement

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Twitter being quoted in news stories.

Twitter in general actually. Has anything good ever come out of it?

I hate when I see a head line saying.
    "Furious fans call for actor to be axed/etc''

You then read it and it basically contains two tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I just heard an ad on the radio for vegan sausage rolls. I'm not annoyed by people's choice of diet but for Christ's sake if they are vegan there is no sausage in them!

*head explodes *

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I hate when I see a head line saying.
    "Furious fans call for actor to be axed/etc''

You then read it and it basically contains two tweets.

And when they print the text of the tweet and then a picture from twitter with the exact same text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

kowloon wrote: »
    I'm not allowed have my own opinion on something?

Rest assured that if you ever post an original opinion I'll be among the first lining up to congratulate you!
    You care enough to post and call me a communist, so I take it I've hit a nerve.

"call you a communist" Oh dear! Would you care to link your many admirers to that never to be forgotten post where I performed that vile act?
    Do you feel you need a title to make you feel special?

Two "feels" in one sentence; I suspect that you're an emotional chap! Whereas I operate on a more cerebral level, hence I tend to think rather than to feel!

But, in answer to your question: no, I don't require a title to 'feel' special.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭gucci

People on their phone and driving.....come on to F**k lads

Had some lad try to merge into my lane this morning, completely just jump in front of me where there was no space. I didnt let him in as it was simply not possible given the space and speed. He did get in behind me and when i looked in the mirror the pr1ck had his phone in his hand in front of his face like he was reading or sending a message

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Shemale wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with using it on your CV if you worked for it but calling yourself a doctor cause you did some more college is bollox.

Plenty of dossers make their way through college and scrape by qualifcations.

Call me old fashioned but if I am having a heart attack and someone shouts out is there a doctor in the house, I want an MD to stand up and not an obnoxious twit who spent a bit longer in college.

Hmmm.... Not all phds are equal. I've read some dissertations that people have gotten phds for that were a complete joke, and I do know one guy personally who always worked his ass off learning stuff off for exams, but had the problem solving skills of a dead goldfish. That said, the vast majority of the phds I know are clever, thoughtful and ethical people.

In contrast, the main reasons I've thought of doing a phd would be to constantly say to people : "Trust me, I'm a doctor!", or : "Let me through, I'm a doctor". I have the sense of humour of a five year old....

Only in some lame comedy is somebody who has a phd in Egyptian literature going to stand up when someone yells for a doctor in the house while someone's having a heart attack. Nobody is going to do that in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭storker

Waiting for stuff in the post.

I'm no millennial, but I am a member of the buy-it-now-download-it-now generation. And when I do have to use snail-mail delivery I just hate those hopeful checks of the post that end in another days' wait...

I know some love him but Fr Peter Mcverry annoys me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

People who can't park for sh1t. I don't drive, and I can't drive but jeebus, the level of imbeciles who think they are God's gift to the road is astounding.

One instance yesterday, someone decided to not only double park but triple park outside a take-away....sorry love you didn't park you just stopped in the middle of the road and forced drivers behind you to go on the opposite side of the road.

There is never a traffic warden, or garda around when this shyte is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,936 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Booze websites that make you enter your date of birth to prove that you are over 18 instead of allowing you to click a yes button to confirm such.

Because a 15 year old would never have the smarts to alter their DOB to make them appear over 18:confused::confused::confused:

It's weird when supermarkets stop looking for ID also.
    You look in the mirror and you don't know is it the grey hair or are you receding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Most people don't give a fuk about the PhD's!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Booze websites that make you enter your date of birth to prove that you are over 18 instead of allowing you to click a yes button to confirm such.

Because a 15 year old would never have the smarts to alter their DOB to make them appear over 18:confused::confused::confused:

My issue with that is that i have to scroll back a long way to find my year of birth.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Most people don't give a fuk about the PhD's!!! :D

There was a guy on Pointless yesterday who was doing a PhD in The Eurovision Song Contest ! I kid you not . My husband and I looked at each and said
    " did he just say in the Eurovision Song Contest "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    There was a guy on Pointless yesterday who was doing a PhD in The Eurovision Song Contest ! I kid you not . My husband and I looked at each and said
    " did he just say in the Eurovision Song Contest "

Was it Derek Mooney?

• Advertisement

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Was it Derek Mooney?

No !! It was an ordinary youngish bloke !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Danny_B wrote: »
    People who can't park for sh1t. I don't drive, and I can't drive but jeebus, the level of imbeciles who think they are God's gift to the road is astounding.

One instance yesterday, someone decided to not only double park but triple park outside a take-away....sorry love you didn't park you just stopped in the middle of the road and forced drivers behind you to go on the opposite side of the road.

TA is the above post.

I agree with the sentiments entirely, but I'm sorry - I just cannot take a complaint about driving seriously from someone who admits he can't drive.

Most drivers on our roads are s**t, but until you prove you are better than that, Sleepy, I'm afraid you don't get to pass judgement ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Squatter wrote: »
    Two "feels" in one sentence; I suspect that you're an emotional chap! Whereas I operate on a more cerebral level, hence I tend to think rather than to feel!

Riigghht :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Danny_B wrote: »

A graduate of the Kinnedgad School of Motoring no doubt.

TA is the above post.

I agree with the sentiments entirely, but I'm sorry - I just cannot take a complaint about driving seriously from someone who admits he can't drive.

Most drivers on our roads are s**t, but until you prove you are better than that, Sleepy, I'm afraid you don't get to pass judgement ;)

Why?

Can someone not critique music unless they are an accomplished musician?
    Not criticise restaurant food unless they are a chef?

Etc. Etc.

TA is the above post.

Why?

Can someone not critique music unless they are an accomplished musician?
    Not criticise restaurant food unless they are a chef?

Etc. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RickBlaine

Youtube's algorithm decided to recommend an 8 video minute video of a couple whose child was stillborn and he is basically lying on the bed while his parents are in tears. Didn't watch it but that's the description.

WTF Youtube. Absolutely nothing in my viewing history would indicate I'd want to watch such as thing. Jesus Christ!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,244 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The Tommy Tieran show

RickBlaine wrote: »
    Youtube's algorithm decided to recommend an 8 video minute video of a couple whose child was stillborn and he is basically lying on the bed while his parents are in tears. Didn't watch it but that's the description.

WTF Youtube. Absolutely nothing in my viewing history would indicate I'd want to watch such as thing. Jesus Christ!

Who on earth put that on youtube anyway . A private moment need not be shared like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭RickBlaine

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Who on earth put that on youtube anyway . A private moment need not be shared like that

I sincerely hope I never experience that, but if I do, filming it and uploading it to Youtube would be literally the last thing I'd want to do in that situation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement