Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

That's stupid ad for Brady's ham with them all singing!

Come Out You Black And Tans WTF

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I don't want to put you off your breakfast this morning, but

I had the runs earlier on :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Sore throat, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Second cold sore in a month...I'm starting to look like I've got the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Is it just me or are people getting sicker more often these last few years?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

branie2 wrote: »
    I don't want to put you off your breakfast this morning, but

I had the runs earlier on :(

Nothing puts me off my food :)
    Hope you are feeling better now, branie.

TA, driving down narrow streets with parked cars and having to drive on the wrong side of the road /weave in and out of cars parked on either side.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

TA (for many people I imagine) the cost of renting.

Its more A than T.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

People telling other people on the internet to go straight to A&E when said people are stupid enough to ask for medical advice about there children online.

“My Jemima has a headache what should I do?”
    “Straight to A&E pet that could be serious hun”

Jemimas ma then comes back 10 hours later and complains that she’s still not been seen and the health system is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I have an awful habit of picking at and pulling off hangnails whenever they develop.

Of course, it results in a sore finger for a couple of days, like the one I have now whereby I forget how sensitive it is and everything I touch with it is a sharp pain. Ouch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I managed to burn my elbow off the kettle yesterday (don't ask!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

When you have to be on someone's case in work at all times as he keeps doing things that makes me look bad and then haveing to clean up time after time.

It just fells like I am bullying him but my role is to make sure things are done proper and in order.

My team in us provide me feedback all the time and I love getting it as I like to know if I do something wrong as you grow from your wrong into the right

• Registered Users Posts: 14,010 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

People ( mostly Galway people , who call a sandwich,a SANGWICH
    where do they get the G from ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I managed to burn my elbow off the kettle yesterday (don't ask!)

Well now I have to ask because I can't imagine how someone would burn their elbow on a kettle!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    Nothing puts me off my food :)
    Hope you are feeling better now, branie.

TA, driving down narrow streets with parked cars and having to drive on the wrong side of the road /weave in and out of cars parked on either side.

Thanks very much, I'm feeling a lot better now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Whiplashy wrote: »
    People telling other people on the internet to go straight to A&E when said people are stupid enough to ask for medical advice about there children online.

“My Jemima has a headache what should I do?”
    “Straight to A&E pet that could be serious hun”

Jemimas ma then comes back 10 hours later and complains that she’s still not been seen and the health system is a joke

A girl I know has a son who is about 8/9, last summer he fell off his trampoline and hurt his arm.
    She and her partner both drive but they still called an ambulance to bring him to A+E. He wasn't unconscious or anything, and it turned out to be a bad sprain.

Ambulances are supposed to be for urgent life or death emergencies. Not broken bones & sprains. No wonder the system is under so much pressure with idiots like that out there.
    Unless your broken bone is breaking the skin, you probably don't need an ambulance.

Imagine if everyone who's child fell off a trampoline called ambulances instead of bringing them to hospital :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

SusieBlue wrote: »
    A girl I know has a son who is about 8/9, last summer he fell off his trampoline and hurt his arm.
    She and her partner both drive but they still called an ambulance to bring him to A+E. He wasn't unconscious or anything, and it turned out to be a bad sprain.

Ambulances are supposed to be for urgent life or death emergencies. Not broken bones & sprains. No wonder the system is under so much pressure with idiots like that out there.
    Unless your broken bone is breaking the skin, you probably don't need an ambulance.

Imagine if everyone who's child fell off a trampoline called ambulances instead of bringing them to hospital :rolleyes:

They call an ambulance because they think it gets them to the top of the queue in A&E. It doesn't.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

They call an ambulance because they think it gets them to the top of the queue in A&E. It doesn't.

To be fair, some people just don't know this stuff and panic in situations like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Well now I have to ask because I can't imagine how someone would burn their elbow on a kettle!

Well, the lid of the kettle flipped up as it was boiling and gob****e here didn't even think, I just put my elbow on the lid to push it down again and burnt it. Yes, I am in need of a Darwin award.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Space Dog

cjmc wrote: »

I know some people who work in delis around Galway and they'd often be asked to make a hang sangwich instead of a ham sandwich. Oh and crumbled ham is very popular as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My little lad cut his chin in Germany that required 2 or 3 stitches. The locals were going to call him an ambulance but I took him in the car. Maybe that is the done thing in countries with normal health services??

We left A&E stitched and bandaged up 25 mins after arriving at the hospital.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Have a flood in the basement, 3rd in 3 years and the water gets in a different way each time. I'm a glass half full kind of fella though, so appreciating that its an excuse to work from home

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Tipping.

Had it Saturday. Our connecting train was cancelled so had to get off at an earlier stop and get a taxi home. Came to £25.20 which I was pissed off about as my I had a return ticket.

Now, I had the exact cash on me and handed Mr Iqbal the £25.20 in cash.

Wife says 20 mins later: "Did you tip the taximan?"

No I fcuking well didnt. Why should I? The fare said £25.20 and that is what I paid him. Do you think he is putting it on his tax return? He only accepts cash.

I don't tip the cashier when I am Tesco so what the fcuk is this bull****. Sure if the fare came to £28.00 I would have handed him £30.00 and told him to keep the change if I was in a good mood.

And anyone who says I am being tight can fcuk right off too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

cjmc wrote: »

My family in Clare say it too. Hang sangwigdes...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Do they also drink tay ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Where are people on the whole scone pronunciation?

Option A- Scone as in 'gone'.

Option B Scone as in 'stone'.

Personally I am an Option B.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I call them 'not cakes, not bread, not buns'. It rolls off the tongue better.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I say scone as in tone , bone , lone ,clone , stone ,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Scones, the fastest baked good there is, one second its there, the next it's scone:)

For those who pronounce it scon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭its_steve116

People who leave the lights on in work when the sun is shining brightly and using their eyesight as an excuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,252 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

DareGod wrote: »
    Living with other people - in general. Huge TA.

Lived with a female housemate once, who thought nothing of using the dryer for a handful of stuff that could have air dryed just as well.

No wonder the bill was through the roof with trivial drying, knickers and a tea towel rattling around in the dryer for an hour kind of thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement