Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

cjmc wrote: »
    People ( mostly Galway people , who call a sandwich,a SANGWICH
    where do they get the G from ??

I call it a sangitch. Never heard of a sangwich.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Lived with a female housemate once, who thought nothing of using the dryer for a handful of stuff that could have air dryed just as well.

No wonder the bill was through the roof with trivial drying, knickers and a tea towel rattling around in the dryer for an hour kind of thing.

I had one who believed that leaving the lights/water heater on was as cost effective as turning it on and off and was always surprised at the bill.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,463 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Lived with a female housemate once, who thought nothing of using the dryer for a handful of stuff that could have air dryed just as well.

No wonder the bill was through the roof with trivial drying, knickers and a tea towel rattling around in the dryer for an hour kind of thing.

Whiff of ammonia about the gaff as well, I would imagine

Just walked into the kitchen where somebody was walking around talking on a mobile phone. I went over to the fridge freezer, filled up the glass with ice from that dispenser thing at the front and daggers are being thrown at me for the noise of the ice crusher. Oh, sorry, hang on while I pick up the fridge freezer and put it in my hand and walk to another room to use it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People who park so close to you in a carpark that you can't open the door. :mad:

• Advertisement

When you finally finish work and make it up to the leaba and you manage to successfully transfer the 2-year-old from next to his mammy in your bed into his cliabhán in another room - yay! (all TH thread stuff so far) - but on your way back you hear the patter of other little feet going from another room... into your bed! Grrrr. Torpedoed, again.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭rosie16

Bredabe wrote: »
    I had one who believed that leaving the lights/water heater on was as cost effective as turning it on and off and was always surprised at the bill.

I had one who didn't know the dryer was in minutes. Put on everytime for 180 degrees. It's a wonder the house didn't go up in flames 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Trying to open the start of a roll of toilet paper when the end of the paper seems to be stuck with super glue!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A roll of sellotape that as soon as you use a piece snaps back on to the roll like lightning . Then it sneakily hides where man or beast can't find the beginning .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

TA'd that Boardsies start threads like "looking for recommendation for x" and then you open the thread to give tip (ie help them) and the post says "looking for x in y area" .... How hard is it to say that in the thread title?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Do they also drink tay ? :)

Oh yes. About 10 years ago our local post office closed and RTE Radio 1 came out to do a documentary on the postmistress. On the day it was recorded my uncle was being buried and the talk about the funeral was recorded and it was all pensioners talking about going to the house for TAY...:D

TA: last night I was driving in west Waterford and I was overtaken aggressively by another driver, there was a motorbike coming in opposite direction & a collision was narrowly averted.
    Knobend driver drove another 50 yards before turning left into a driveway....What was the hurry? Bellpipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Dear customers, if you fill out a form and are expecting a response from me, would you not maybe consider writing your name legibly? And perhaps including your house number? I'm not a ****ing mind reader.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

No starbars in the shops. In their place was cadburys boost with peanuts so i grabbed one thinking it was the same thing. €3 each because they put the word Protein on the label. I put it back. That is just robbery.

I tweeted a few council candidates about a bus route that is badly needed but not getting the backing it needs.
    In order to see any responses to this, I had to follow their parties, seeing them on my TL makes me feel soo dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Monster sized pepper mills, FFS is there really a need anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Someone left a voicemail and after listening three times I just can't make out the persons name. I don't think it's important anyway. Please say your name clearly if you want a call back :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Politicians knocking on my door

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

B_ecke_r wrote: »
    Politicians knocking on my door

Politicans in general also.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I left Emergency Hairbands around the house and I always forget I did this every time I need a hairband. I only seem to notice them when they're not needed desperately .I can see one around the stem of a candlestick and another in a fruit basket but wait til I'm about to do a messy job and need my hair out of my face and the hairband blindness will come back .

TA people ringing you while carrying on a conversation with someone near them. I'll answer my phone and just stand here patiently until you tell me who you are and what you want ? haha... yeah ...no.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,534 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody dies and they are portrayed as the nicest person ever when people had no time for them previously.(I'm not saying they deserve to die).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

When somebody dies and they are portrayed as the nicest person ever when people had no time for them previously.(I'm not saying they deserve to die).

Good one a few years ago. A childhood buddy of mine was the youngest in a large family. Father was an alcoholic and abusive- emotionally, physically and very strong rumors of sexual abuse toward daughters. Couldn't hold down a job and the family grew up in poverty. The whole parish knew what he was like. Now my buddy was the youngest and he was spared a lot of the anguish compared to older siblings. Father died about 25 years ago- liver failure from all the drinking.

A few years ago one of the local Holy Marys was talking to us at a wedding and she realised who my buddy was and started giving it the "Oh sure I knew your father well God bless. He was a lovely man.'

My buddy just went "No he wasn't. He was a proper asshole. His death was the best thing ever for my mother."

Awkward but fair play. I know him 35 years and it was the first comment I ever heard him make about his father.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've a colleague in another office that when he contacts me, it's one of 2 things:

1) There is an emergency and he needs my help urgently
    2) He is asking if someone is sitting at their desk

The second one is a big TA of mine. Just wait til whoever it is responds to you.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

RTE and it's cringey shows "weather live"

RTE and it's cringey shows "weather live"

I find it hard to even turn on because Kathryn Thomas will be shouting!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

trivial things, people who give out or advertise their phone number 'arseways'.

Made up example; 01 28 04 719, but which should read as 01-280 4719
    same with 'eighteen fifty' numbers which can sometimes look totally crazy!

1 - 850 7 15 815 :confused:
    1850-715 815

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I find it hard to even turn on because Kathryn Thomas will be shouting!

I just flicked over and Kathryn was SHOUTING as usual !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

The first thing I did this morning was knock a glass to the floor and it shattered into a million pieces.
    I went to put the washing on the line after lunch and I hadn't put a wash on.
    I clipped my ankle off the open dishwasher.
    Can't wait to go back to bed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Being down over stuff that doesn’t matter

I joined this Simpsons meme Facebook group a while ago.
    It used be funny but now it's all very political and lost it's spark.

• Advertisement

Had a day of people deliberately misinterpreting or deliberately misunderstanding me!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement