Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

dubstarr wrote: »
    Eh 7:D:D

8 :o :pac: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

8 :o :pac: ;)

Still 7:D:D I hate Cricket

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

New smart phone cut out/lost signal trying to make an important call when was out yesterday, 6 frriggin times. Never did complete the call, gave up.

Hate this thing so much.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Reports on Cricket in the sports news. For the 6 people in the country who follow it.
    Mine is somewhat related - those pointless radio bulletins that tell you the latest vicissitudes of the stock markets and currency exchanges, a whole five minutes before this news is again completely redundant.

What is it for?

Everyone has the Internet (even you, Donegal).

It is the most unnecessary waste of time that is expended by the national media, with the possible exception of Dan O'brien.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

dubstarr wrote: »
    Still 7:D:D I hate Cricket

It's funny how the Irish hate cricket for being too English and yet we have Rugby and Soccer and they are okay....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

It's funny how the Irish hate cricket for being too English and yet we have Rugby and Soccer and they are okay....

I don't think it is because it is too English. More likely it's because it is a rubbish sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Spent over €120 in Supervalue last night but did not get milk and now....I need milk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Wife invited someone to do an activity with her last weekend. Non committal response. Followed up on Thursday - no response. We make alternative plans and an hour before activity the person decided they now want to do it.

Sorry but No.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,464 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

How about this somebody says they'll like to go to an event. Your offer to bring them.
    You arrive at there house and they aren't ready first they need to do a quick tidy up of the house and paint some skirting boards and have a cup of tea.
    Then you arrive at the event and they announce of we have yo leave early to buy dog food.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I don't think it is because it is too English. More likely it's because it is a rubbish sport.

Such a rubbish sport that the entire commonwealth is obsessed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Hate is a bit over board! Most people just don't give a sh*t!

The reason soccer and rugby are liked/loved is because we play them? Simple enough concept? I am sure the tiny minority of Irish people who play cricket like cricket also, much like Irish people who don't like soccer/rugby couldn't give a sh*t about them either!

Basic human psychology !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Really? Where did anyone say that?

Personally I don't hate it and even with understanding the rules I just find it as boring as fcuk and just does not interest me.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

How deceiving the Irish weather is, oh look at me I'm beautiful and bright shining in your windows, why didn't you come out to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

How about this somebody says they'll like to go to an event. Your offer to bring them.
    You arrive at there house and they aren't ready first they need to do a quick tidy up of the house and paint some skirting boards and have a cup of tea.
    Then you arrive at the event and they announce of we have yo leave early to buy dog food.

Blimey, you're a better woman (or man) than I am. Unless they're beloved and/or eccentric/ elderly/insert reasonable excuse, I'd have taken off. Did you get to enjoy the event at all?

My only ta is a stubborn headache

ok, and when I somehow type half my comment in the other person's quoted bit

And that there's alcohol in sunscreen so it's probably not good for your skin ...oh my god, my TA's are breeding

• Registered Users Posts: 30,464 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Blimey, you're a better woman (or man) than I am. Unless they're beloved and/or eccentric/ elderly/insert reasonable excuse, I'd have taken off. Did you get to enjoy the event at all?

I'm a man.
    It was fine.
    She's always a bit scatty and all over the place.
    She'd do anything for you and would give you anything.
    Just expect her to be late and a tad all over the place.

I'm a man.
    It was fine.
    She's always a bit scatty and all over the place.
    She'd do anything for you and would give you anything.
    Just expect her to be late and a tad all over the place.

I thought she was taking the ****, sorry , misunderstood :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

When a bag, for example a pasta bag, splits down the side when you open it.
    And resealable tabs. Resealable, my hole :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Rubberlegs wrote: »

It might not be a good idea for that to be resealable RL.

:P

TA at my wacky sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    It might not be a good idea for that to be resealable RL.

:P

TA at my wacky sense of humour.

TA you think that's a TA when it is clearly a TH :)

TA you think that's a TA when it is clearly a TH :)

Depends of the circumstances. Not always the best place to be making non PC comments in work, thankfully most within earshot are non followers of that line of thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Depends of the circumstances. Not always the best place to be making non PC comments in work, thankfully most within earshot are non followers of that line of thinking.

They could be offended then that you're not being inclusive, by them being out of earshot....:D:D

selous wrote: »
    They could be offended then that you're not being inclusive, by them being out of earshot....:D:D

I'll bring in a bullhorn next week so.

That could cause more TA's though.

Ya can't win in life!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

That and 'easy peel' packaging that proves almost impossible to open.

You know when you feel a strong pull to be somewhere or with someone but you don't know where or who or why?

Not town , not a party, nothing I can put my finger on.

I did want a quiet, safe night but now it's like ants in my bloodstream. I'm supposed to be somewhere else . It's almost spooky . Definitely annoying .

Also when tubes (eg. tomato puree, watercolours, hair dye, whatever ) burst at the seam and you can't squeeze the contents out the top because it comes out in an irritating spiral from the burst part. I'm always careful and I have a tube key but the metal is just weak and prone to rupture .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

That and 'easy peel' packaging that proves almost impossible to open.
    Don't get me started on the "easy peel" mandarin oranges on sale at the moment

Such a rubbish sport that the entire commonwealth is obsessed with it.

The commonwealth is rubbish too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

That one person that always has a poxy question at the end of a meeting/telecall ... when someone asks are there any questions, it should be met with deathly silence only. Always.
    Only is there always ‘Susan’ down the back who wants something explained again because she has an example of when some random event happened to her and we all have to hear about it, after already sitting like fcuk wits for two hours listening to crap.. deathly silence should then be replaced with deathly stares always.

Fcuk you Susan!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,117 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Abroad right now, and annoyed at the numbers of locals and tourists (esp young Europeans) smoke compared to at home.
    Can't eat out or have a drink without fcuking drifting smoke everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I had a sort of a stream of consciousness trivial annoyance experience yesterday as I sat in the passenger seat of a car in a shopping centre car park, waiting for a family member to return from buying nothing.

There were loads of spaces in the car park, but it annoyed me that a jeep-thing in front of me was parked with its back left-hand wheel in 4 different parking spots. Just then, the driver arrived and I noticed that his vehicle was a Peugeot.

Then, it suddenly annoyed me that English people usually insert an 'r' sound into the name 'Peugeot'.

Then I was thinking about how they often leave out the 'r' sound loads of times when there is an 'r'. (Yeah, I know about rhotic/non-rhotic pronunciations.)

And then I remembered about Irish comedian Aisling Bea on 8 Out Of 10 Cats last week, as she was about to say something, paused to say something to the effect of "I know I'm about to give ye ammunition to use the 'turty tree and a turd' thing against the Irish person".

Sort yerselves about before slagging us about our lack of 'th' pronounciations!

And all beause of that bad parka parker...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Infonovice

I didn't buy any crisps yesterday because I had eaten too many cakes over the last week.
    now all I can think about, and want are crisps:mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement