Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Abroad right now, and annoyed at the numbers of locals and tourists (esp young Europeans) smoke compared to at home.
    Can't eat out or have a drink without fcuking drifting smoke everywhere.

I had a French acquaintance who talked about visiting. He was very put out about our smoking ban and felt we're all fascists for interfering with his right to smoke anywhere . I smoke but I don't like being shrouded in clouds of smoke and stale smoke wouldn't be fun a restaurant .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

I had a French acquaintance who talked about visiting. He was very put out about our smoking ban and felt we're all fascists for interfering with his right to smoke anywhere . I smoke but I don't like being shrouded in clouds of smoke and stale smoke wouldn't be fun a restaurant .

Laid up at the moment, so was watching 2 clips yesterday of the late great Peter Ustinov on the late late show...and he was smoking away like a trooper thru the interview!!
    Think we sometimes forget how far we've come in relation to smoking.....and the French lad can fck right off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,117 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

"Erik wrote:
    Think we sometimes forget how far we've come in relation to smoking.....and the French lad can fck right off :D

I was actually surprised at a place like Switzerland, an absolutely loaded, clean, modern European country and the amount of mostly young, obvs well educated people (not the trackies and rollies set) puffing away like it was 1960s Ireland. In the middle of the day too rushing to and from work..not a pint and a fag in a bar at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,468 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Listings for products on amazon.

Not sure if this is a recent thing or not, but I have only noticed it in the last couple of weeks.

If you look for a product, the top of the listing appears as normal. Then I want to check out the reviews.

It used to be a quick scroll through maybe 2 screens to them. Now it appears to be about 10 screens length or more, past a pile of useless information about recycling etc.

Go on,try it and see!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Packets of sweets that are labeled share size. I just know the packet is judging me as I finish it by myself in one sitting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Firefox disabled all addons and extensions. Ads everywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Your Face wrote: »
    Firefox disabled all addons and extensions. Ads everywhere

Oh god yes this. One million times this. I have been tortured all day with it. Only slight plus side is ad-blocker says that Firefox have restored their functionality. But that was yesterday. And it's still not working for me. And I dunno what I'll do if it doesn't work.

People self describing as empaths. I don't see them actually caring about mutual friends in trouble. They're not stepping up when something needs to be done. Knowing there's a way to achieve something right there but they just look at everyone else like ''surely nobody expects something of ME?''

How very empathetic.

Vocal fry. Did someone kick you in the throat?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Really? Where did anyone say that?

Personally I don't hate it and even with understanding the rules I just find it as boring as fcuk and just does not interest me.

Cricket is much more enjoyable to play than watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,711 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

People who reverse into shopping centre car park spaces and then give you daggers for not leaving a chunk of your space behind for them to put their trolley at the boot of their car.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

People who reverse into shopping centre car park spaces and then give you daggers for not leaving a chunk of your space behind for them to put their trolley at the boot of their car.

Agreed! Also, people looking for a parking space and when they eventually get one in the furthest, least accessible spot in the car park; they drive in and when they're leaving, they take forever to reverse out of the space!:rolleyes:

Always reverse in and drive out!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Wifi is acting up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tiana Scone

Trying to think of somebody's name. I have gone through the alphabet to no avail. Answers on a postcard please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Trying to think of somebody's name. I have gone through the alphabet to no avail. Answers on a postcard please.

6700t0.jpg:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Tiana Scone

6700t0.jpg:D

You win!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Oh Ohhhhh. I have that wee tickle at the end of my nose that could be the start of hayfever season.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,468 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just hearing the new radio adverts reminds me:

The women's mini marathon.

Men, stop dressing up as women and running it.

Let the women have their day.
    And you're not super funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Whiplashy

Forgetting to turn off the alarm on a bank holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,555 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Procastrination. I've a job to do in the house that will take 30 minutes, but I just can't start. It'll make a significant difference to my everyday life, yet here I am, on the internet while watching an episode of QI called...Procastrinaton!

When I get it done, it'll also allow me to do another job that I've to do, but can't because I haven't done the first one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Laid up at the moment, so was watching 2 clips yesterday of the late great Peter Ustinov on the late late show...and he was smoking away like a trooper thru the interview!!
    There used to be smoking rooms in hospitals lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I got Rolo Mousse dessert things. The are a disappointment.
    Still going to eat them, but I'll be cursing what they could have been.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    There used to be smoking rooms in hospitals lol

Smoking rooms !! When I had my baby 36 years ago there was smoking IN the ward .! Six beds and even the visitors smoked in the room !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The electricity going as I was watching a video on Youtube

• Registered Users Posts: 30,464 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When people try and make the royal family sound down to Earth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Anyone showing any interest in those people.
    Eating all day, and still hungry.

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Smoking rooms !! When I had my baby 36 years ago there was smoking IN the ward .! Six beds and even the visitors smoked in the room !

During my stay in UHL a couple of years ago , a woman set the fire alarm off, smoking in the ward bathroom in the early hours. I know hospital can be stressful, but ...

When someone sends me a photo of anything and their house / table is ridiculously messy. I'm not judging the mess, but I would have cleaned up before taking the photo . It's that can't be f***ed to ever make an effort, combined with the even worse ta, poor attention to detail .

Wtf do I sound like ? I can't help it though . It's an instinctive reaction, not a logical one .

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

***Warning...rant ahead***

Why o why on this planet are there software idiots who can’t put a full up to date version of their product online? On their own hp and server?

No, i have to download 58mbit at a friends place because he has fast internet onto a usb stick. At home i try to install that thing on my netbook. And as soon as i click install this fúkking thing calls home via my extreme slow mobile connection for full EIGHT updates.

Additionally i get massive java script errors and all these stupid updates stop indefinitely at number 4. So dear software nerds are you aware that not everybody has a super duper X-terrabit landline and half of a data processing center at home? If your company can invest millions in marketing it would be clever to maintain the product FIRST.

Discord is the name. Please send me a few of your superfluous idiots over. I have a sharpened axe in my shed for immediate use. The rest of you can try to get your act together and produce something a normal human being can use without turning into a mad man. :(

Phew, that was necessary! :D

Tomorrow i’ll be normal again and try to do the updates at a place with sufficient internet. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Jesus lads I may give up going to stag-dos as I either come home broke financially or broken up physically. Or in this case, a bit of both.

Woke up with an agonising pain in my knee this morning, and an unexplained bruise on same. Had a shock for myself too when I finally plucked up the courage to check the bank account. And to make matters worse, in a fairly "sleepy" state this morning in an effort to numb the pain, I took one of those XL panadol tablets that dissolve in water as a regular tablet, and almost choked myself as it caught in my throat.

I mean the stag itself was right craic...but sooo not worth it the Monday afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

What royal family would that be now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement