Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

D3V!L wrote: »
    Blame FM104, they started it.

It's been going for years, waaayy before those dopes got in on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Omackeral wrote: »
    The nickname Miggledy. Seeing it everywhere lately and it's starting to grate.

Gawd no, I’ll love that name and the kid who came up with it forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Tried to have shower and the water was nearly cold. Sometimes at that exact way I leave the controls, it's burning!
    Today has not happened for me I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Why is the death of some gangster from Boston massive breaking news across the top of RTE's homepage? I'm not saying it isn't newsworthy, but dominating the homepage including a massive red 'Breaking' is a bit OTT for an Irish site.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Tried to have shower and the water was nearly cold. Sometimes at that exact way I leave the controls, it's burning!

Timer and hour going back?

• Advertisement

Timer and hour going back?

It's a triton so it shouldn't matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

With the colder weather you have to turn it up

Try_harder wrote: »
    With the colder weather you have to turn it up

I honestly didn't know that. Thanks for telling me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Why is the death of some gangster from Boston massive breaking news across the top of RTE's homepage? I'm not saying it isn't newsworthy, but dominating the homepage including a massive red 'Breaking' is a bit OTT for an Irish site.

Cause he's a legend?:cool: Whitey Bulger,(A famous criminal) was on the run and hid out over here for a time, what is he, 89 or something and someone killed him in there.
    Might be a headline, but as you say, not a big banner breaking news item,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I am one ugly cryer, just look like Aileen Wournos or someone right now.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    I am one ugly cryer,

I bet you're not, dry them tears NG

*hugs*

I bet you're not, dry them tears NG

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Heartburn... :( Knew I shouldn't have had chocolate for dinner.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »

:eek: ahhhh NG come on now :pac:

TG1 wrote: »

Chocolate is one your 5 a day though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

As the relentless march of time continues unabated and I fight a constant battle against comical ear and nose hair growth, I now face a new enemy in the random hairs that have started growing out of my foreskin :rolleyes:.

TG1 wrote: »

Had chocolate for dinner too :rolleyes:

:eek: ahhhh NG come on now :pac:

I do though. It goes from 0-100!!

Tomorrow will be better!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Went on the Luas and saw a women who was the spitting image of Mrs Ganush from Drag Me To Hell, complete with a glass eye. Actually gave me a proper fright. BTW given the time of year I should add that she was a genuine old woman of Eastern European descent and not a Halloween costume.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I honestly didn't know that. Thanks for telling me :)

It's because the water coming in is colder than it is in the summer. But tweaking the controls (I was going to say knobs but this is AH, so I thought I'd better not) is a fine art.

New Home wrote: »
    It's because the water coming in is colder than it is in the summer. But tweaking the controls (I was going to say knobs but this is AH, so I thought I'd better not) is a fine art.

Oh I know, I'm useless at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TA my own habit of unintentionally feeding the internet trolls/ not being good at avoiding them

And waiting to see if it's going to snow or not!

Being awake at this ungodly hour

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Try_harder wrote: »
    Being awake at this ungodly hour

+1

Why am I awake?

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Me three

Woke early so got 0650 train to work

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Got up at 7:50 to buy Busted presale tickets for Wembley. Went on at exactly 8am and they were sold out. I'm heartbroken :( They better not sell out on Friday for the general sale!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Dropped foundation on my jumper this morning. Didn't notice till I was about to walk out the door.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Went on the Luas and saw a women who was the spitting image of Mrs Ganush from Drag Me To Hell, complete with a glass eye. Actually gave me a proper fright. BTW given the time of year I should add that she was a genuine old woman of Eastern European descent and not a Halloween costume.

The really tiny one who gets on at Marlborough and off at Dawson ?

She scares the s***e out of me!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

Nail clippers.

I find something about the immediate snapping off of the nail over a wider area and the tension with which the sharp blades follow through to connect with each other to be a bit shudder inducing.

Much prefer the gradual approach of the scissors.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Nail clippers.

I find something about the immediate snapping off of the nail over a wider area and the tension with which the sharp blades follow through to connect with each other to be a bit shudder inducing.

Much prefer the gradual approach of the scissors.

But they scissors bend the nail, argh!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement