Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you have a really interesting dream/nightmare and you wake up and can't remember it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Fancied a cheeseburger from McDonald's today as I hadn't had one in ages.
    Decided to get the meal and although I enjoyed it, I now feel ****e.
    Urgh. And why do people add salt to the chips? They're very salty as they are!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Zero motivation. Feeling more than sluggish. And I've a list of things to do so long it's overwhelming.

zzzzzzzz_funny-pictures-cat-needs-help.jpg

fussyonion wrote: »

I adore salt.

Also if your ordering McDonalds tell them you don't want salt on your chips if you dont really like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭md23040

Also if your ordering McDonalds tell them you don't want salt on your chips if you dont really like it.

McDonalds new straws are used once only for minutes and going through 4 million daily. Laudable as it is to get away from plastics, but shouldn’t Mc Donald’s and all other fast food stores be encouraging customers not to use a straw and have a social conscience for the environment.

You might need one for slurping a milkshake, but can people not just tip their cups of Coke/Fanta the normal way that’s done 99.9% of the time anyway at home. Every little step really helps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Very confusing feelings .

And eavesdroppers . Woman next to me and a friend in the pub , her mouth literally hanging open at our conversation .

• Registered Users Posts: 19,467 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Very confusing feelings .

And eavesdroppers . Woman next to me and a friend in the pub , her mouth literally hanging open at our conversation .

Were ye discussing local dogging sites or something?

Can’t blame the lass surely.

If I hear another cretin saying “Look” on Sunday sport on RTE I will explode.

At. Forking. Least. 500. Looks. In Today’s. Prof

Jesu Cristi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Were ye discussing local dogging sites or something?

Can’t blame the lass surely.

No, but personal stuff, in low voices . If someone was discussing local dogging sites next to me I wouldn't bat an eyelid. It's 2019 :)

No, but personal stuff, in low voices . If someone was discussing local dogging sites next to me I wouldn't bat an eyelid. It's 2019 :)

Aaah ok.....apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The fact that it’s 9.40 on what should be a quiet warm Sunday night and some absolute cûnt of a neighbor has their hedge trimmer or strimmer on the go. I’m sure folks are right about now putting kids into bed before school in the morning, rest of us relaxing, windows open and having to listen to this cûnt. Good thing the light is fading fast so they might hit something solid, have it bounce back, split their face open. Cûnts !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,254 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People firing heaps of salt onto food before they've even tasted it grinds my gears.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

A clean polo shirt that I had on for approx 45 minutes has coffee drops on it and as it's likely to be a warm day I can't conceal with a jumper :D

Consigned to the wash basket grrrr

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

People firing heaps of salt onto food before they've even tasted it grinds my gears.

Darwin will take care of that for you. Eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

My family back home being as thick as planks. I'm unemployed atm and Job search is starting to take off, I start getting interviews and this is a big deal for me and my self esteem after being at home with the children for almost 3 years.
    My son goes to visit my family and his other grandparents every summer and this year it's on my dad to plan this, who is a walking disaster when it comes to planning.

Now he offered to pay flights for me and my daughter too so we could join for two weeks... In 5 weeks time. This is really so not a good time right now to go abroad, nevermind for two full weeks.
    Also my husband is supposed to stay at home and work while I'm living the life? Sorry not happening.

Anyway, I tried to explain it to my dad and sister that it really is not a good time for me to go right now and why. Instead of being understanding and somewhat supportive, they try guilt me with every argument under the sun and started sending passive aggressive messages in the family WhatsApp group.

So disappointed how they can't get their head around the fact that I have commitments too and am not available 24/7 to jump on the next plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

There's a woman I work with who is so pleasing on the eye, but so painful on the ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

There's a woman I work with who is so pleasing on the eye, but so painful on the ear.

I'm sure we all know someone like that! Mind you, I'm sure women would say the same thing about men:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

When you momentarily step back from the sink when brushing your teeth, only to have a blob of toothpaste fall from your mouth.....and then you cant find where it went.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Up Donegal wrote: »
    I'm sure we all know someone like that! Mind you, I'm sure women would say the same thing about men:p

I knew a guy who had a voice that would make you literally melt. Yes, literally.
    Unfortunately, he was a completely horrid person, though, and his looks matched his personality. But his voice? Swoon...

Memo to self: next time you attempt to make a pseudo-mayonnaise with soy milk, don't just trust the fact that the front of the pack doesn't say "vanilla flavour". READ. THE. ACTUAL. INGREDIENTS!!! Vanilla-garlic-balsamic vinegar isn't a good combination. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

When you’re in Aldi or Lidl only buying one item and the person in front of you with a full basket or trolley won’t offer to let you go ahead of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

When you’re in Aldi or Lidl only buying one item and the person in front of you with a full basket or trolley won’t offer to let you go ahead of them.

Or when you're​ the person that has the big grocery shop and allow the person to go ahead and they don't say thanks or acknowledge at all. That's happened me a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

Teenage girls that get pregnant and think it's ok to live at home with their parents so they have a child minder on hand and do this for years not bothering to find a place of their own,.while messing up their parents home and lives.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

TA when the person behind you keeps looking into your trolley at the checkout :p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

TA when the person behind me in the queue starts putting their stuff on the belt before I've finished, so there's no room left for all my stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

quickbeam wrote: »
    TA when the person behind me in the queue starts putting their stuff on the belt before I've finished, so there's no room left for all my stuff.

I had a lady start a full blown conversation with me at a checkout a few months back as to why I had rye flour in my trolley. She was in front of me.

Random middle aged over weight punter: What do you do with rye flour?
    PG: I make rye bread
    Random: Oh right. I am a bit of a bread snob...(she really said this and I just switched off as she rabbited it on about bread)

People who takes ages to put their shopping up on the checkout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

I had a lady start a full blown conversation with me at a checkout a few months back as to why I had rye flour in my trolley. She was in front of me.

Random middle aged over weight punter: What do you do with rye flour?
    PG: I make rye bread
    Random: Oh right. I am a bit of a bread snob...(she really said this and I just switched off as she rabbited it on about bread)

Maybe you could have taken that fat bottomed girl, to the seven seas of rye

Dunno...it just popped into my head :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Maybe you could have taken that fat bottomed girl, to the seven fields of rye

Dunno...it just popped into my head :D

Boom...I was just biting my lip as she was declaring herself a 'bread snob' while she had several batches of nasty sliced white bread in her trolley.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

That breeze..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement