Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

It'll be national dip your balls in the sea week yet!!

That was last week:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

A certain long hair, double coated dog that sheds enough hair daily to start a mattress making factory that always sits down when being brushed, making it almost impossible to brush her back legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

branie2 wrote: »
    People who pronounce the Fine part of Fine Gael like the word fine

It's a weird one, sounds like Fianna but they don't want to spell it like the enemy :P

They way every electric appliance seems to have to beep, dishwasher starting and finishing, microwave, fridge, freezer, telly on and off.

My Sky Q Box sounds like a ****ing aeroplane when it's on or in standby

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

This was more amusing than annoying but annoying(ish) all the same. I love a good game of footpath chicken against pushy people who alter their path to try to make me move out of their royal way.

This one was staring daggers at me as she walked in my path suddenly to try to get me to move. I was in a hurry so I did move but she moved too. I moved again and she very nearly walked herself into the wall. She didn't break step and maintained her daggered stare, though, which is kind of impressive!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Why aren't Twix's made with 3 fingers.

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    This was more amusing than annoying but annoying(ish) all the same. I love a good game of footpath chicken against pushy people who alter their path to try to make me move out of their royal way.

This one was staring daggers at me as she walked in my path suddenly to try to get me to move. I was in a hurry so I did move but she moved too. I moved again and she very nearly walked herself into the wall. She didn't break step and maintained her daggered stare, though, which is kind of impressive!

I have a rule, I will move once and once only(barring elderly or kids) if there is contact so be it, you even see some ****ers smirk after moving back into your path.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Boom_Bap wrote:

Trix's!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Most people can't take more than 2 fingers.......

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Erik Shun wrote: »

depends how fat the fingers are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Shemale wrote: »
    I have a rule, I will move once and once only(barring elderly or kids) if there is contact so be it, you even see some ****ers smirk after moving back into your path.

Where does this take place? I have never seen this in my life.

****ers that don't say thanks when you have held the door / gate for them or that don't take the door from you.

Once I walked up the stairs to the entrance of a building and going through the door I looked back and there was a smug looking lad four steps behind me, I stopped in the doorway holding the door outwards and waiting, the ****er slowed down and then went to walk in the non door side to leave me holding the door so I pulled the door shut just as he went to walk in. The look on his face was brilliant. :D

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Where does this take place? I have never seen this in my life.

The footpath?

Maybe you should walk more.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

A certain long hair, double coated dog that sheds enough hair daily to start a mattress making factory that always sits down when being brushed, making it almost impossible to brush her back legs!

Mine immediately lies down on her back, presenting her belly to be brushed, which is of course pretty much the only part of her that doesn't shed. :rolleyes:

Erik Shun wrote: »

There was a girl in 6th year that allegedly asked for 4, she was referred to as Kit Kat after that

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

There was a girl in 6th year that allegedly asked for 4, she was referred to as Kit Kat after that

Yvonne Innertube?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Yeah, getting the slippers with the bunny ears attached turned out to be a great idea.

0sFe12i.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The footpath?

Maybe you should walk more.

Smart Alec answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

One of the tv channels is showing The Karate Kid...was all happy to settle in with my popcorn and sweets...but it’s the one with Jackie Chan and Will Smith’s kid. Hopes dashed

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

One of the tv channels is showing The Karate Kid...was all happy to settle in with my popcorn and sweets...but it’s the one with Jackie Chan and Will Smith’s kid. Hopes dashed

HA! :D
    Same thing happened here :D

I saw it coming on thought it would be good to watch, and then realised it was that one, then I thought to myself "they should have a notification or something to let us know it's the shit one"

Gonna walk the dog anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Yeah, getting the slippers with the bunny ears attached turned out to be a great idea.

0sFe12i.jpg

Did you make your first holy communion at the weekend :)

Miss ye all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Rfrip wrote: »
    Did you make your first holy communion at the weekend :)

Miss ye all:)

Love it :D
    (I was expecting crocs though !)

tenor.gif?itemid=5098591

TA at people jealous of my fashion flair :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

TA at people jealous of my fashion flair :D

I think it's wonderful that your christening outfit still fits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

TA people who send snotty emails requesting information you already sent. I cant help but use that awful phrase "as per emails below".

I hope they read it in their head with the correct amount of venom dripping from those words....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Yesterday I stopped as an older man was crossing the road and was about halfway across and I had a eejit try to squeeze by me on the inside rather than wait 5 seconds.

Patience seems to disappear where some people are behind the wheel of a car.

I was on a narrow country road a while ago and was at a wide point where, because of the angle, I could see a car approaching so I pulled in to the side to wait for it to pass. The numpty behind me overtook me at speed, so aggrieved was he that I had dared to stop, and nearly ploughed into the oncoming car. Then he had to reverse up and pull in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

People who are obsessed with vegans and what they do and don't eat.

And their need to dispense unsolicited opinions on the virtue or merit of your choices, the random "but bacon" comments, or "I couldn't do that" even though nobody has asked them to. Then there is the presumption that simply stating that one is vegan is somehow a judgment of their choices :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

TG1 wrote: »
    TA people who send snotty emails requesting information you already sent. I cant help but use that awful phrase "as per emails below".

I hope they read it in their head with the correct amount of venom dripping from those words....

Well crafted, thinly veiled contempt is too subtle for some.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,988 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Antares35 wrote: »
    And their need to dispense unsolicited opinions on the virtue or merit of your choices, the random "but bacon" comments, or "I couldn't do that" even though nobody has asked them to. Then there is the presumption that simply stating that one is vegan is somehow a judgment of their choices :confused:

Oh, I'm not vegan,or vegetarian.
    I just find the whole anti vegan rhetoric extremely tiresome, lazy and boring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement