Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Oh, I'm not vegan,or vegetarian.
    I just find the whole anti vegan rhetoric extremely tiresome, lazy and boring.

Neither am I! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

This new trend of bullsh*t reporting about the weather. I don't know how many times over the last while I have seen headlines for "scorcher weekend ahead" or "return of sunshine for bank holiday" etc. and when I read the item, it turns out that the weather will be thoroughly average, bit of hazy sun on Thursday and then cold at the weekend or something. Grrr just f*ck off with your silly "scorcher" headlines!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Antares35 wrote: »
    This new trend of bullsh*t reporting about the weather. I don't know how many times over the last while I have seen headlines for "scorcher weekend ahead" or "return of sunshine for bank holiday" etc. and when I read the item, it turns out that the weather will be thoroughly average, bit of hazy sun on Thursday and then cold at the weekend or something. Grrr just f*ck off with your silly "scorcher" headlines!

Social media clickbait so people will tag their friends in it and then they click on it.

Real empty vessel stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

That breaks at work always go so fast :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    That breaks at work always go so fast :(

How is it that the work never seems to go as fast?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I took the dogs for a walk today. Someone had left a bag of dog sh!t on the ground beside the bin. Wtf? Put it in the bin you animal :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I’ve been doing a road race series and there are 6 races in total. I’ve done 5 but I can’t do the last one as my days off next week have been changed. The perfectionist/ambitious part of me is annoyed I can’t complete it like I wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I’ve been doing a road race series and there are 6 races in total. I’ve done 5 but I can’t do the last one as my days off next week have been changed. The perfectionist/ambitious part of me is annoyed I can’t complete it like I wanted to.

Isn't this exactly the sort of situation that sick leave is for? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Some c*** listing the reasons why I owe her sympathy . Narcissistic manipulator, ahoy.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Is it too early for lunch?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

the apple i just bought in the shops is rotten

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Is it too early for lunch?

Never too early.Is it the liquid kind:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Weddings where people get married in a church an hour drive away from their venue. Yes I get it's your total dream blabla but as a guest I don't want to spend my weekend wheeling around the countey, I'm driving enough as it is. (Still going because the couple is nice)

LirW wrote: »
    Weddings where people get married in a church an hour drive away from their venue. Yes I get it's your total dream blabla but as a guest I don't want to spend my weekend wheeling around the countey, I'm driving enough as it is. (Still going because the couple is nice)

You can't beat a civil ceremony in the grounds of the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Having a rubbish nights sleep due to feeling anxious about work stuff.

Then being woken up by the sound of the cat throwing up.

You can't beat a civil ceremony in the grounds of the hotel.

I've seen so many different set ups and that's honestly the best. Walking distance is grand too. Or local.
    The worst I've heard of was a good friend going to her friend's wedding, both Dubs. Got married in a country house in Tipperary, both no ties to the area. It was 2,5 hours drive to get there.

Worst thing is that McDonald's and Supermacs aren't on the way to he venue and dinner starts at 6 after the ceremony it at 1.30!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I've seen so many different set ups and that's honestly the best. Walking distance is grand too. Or local.
    The worst I've heard of was a good friend going to her friend's wedding, both Dubs. Got married in a country house in Tipperary, both no ties to the area. It was 2,5 hours drive to get there.

Worst thing is that McDonald's and Supermacs aren't on the way to he venue and dinner starts at 6 after the ceremony it at 1.30!

Pack your hang sangwiches an' flask o' tae ;)

The worst i had was a civil ceremony in the registry office on moleworth street and then the reception in a hotel in connemara. Feckin connemara. To be fair you could only have civil ceremonies ina registry office at that time but it was still ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

This one little piece of hair at the side of my head which for some reason, has decided to curl itself today. Bare in mind my hair is naturally straight so I have no idea why it’s like that, and it just won’t flatten out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

Not being able to fart in the office.

• Advertisement

Pack your hang sangwiches an' flask o' tae ;)

Church is quite local so I might just go home for the time being and have something prepared. I'm not drinking and I don't know 95% of the people there anyway, so no mingling for me, I don't feel social.

Another TA: having no clue about a church wedding because I have no faith, so hopefully I get away with sitting in the back acting quiet and hoping I'll get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Not being able to fart in the office.

Mary Lou won't mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

These tools who are daily swimmers.……. Swimmers?

They spend an hour and a half getting ready....they get into the sea for two minutes..... then spend another hour and a half polishing their tackle and dressing while bull****ting to any clown who will listen to them.

Cretins with a capital C.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭The Enbalmer

People (usually women) who give themselves two surnames because they think it sounds like they're of wealthy extraction.

Particlarly if the names sound poxy together: "O'Brien-Carolan" "Mc Collum-Porter" "O'Reilly-McBollocks"".

Usually arrogated by slightly middle class birds with Irish names such as Caoimhe or Grainne and they may try to give the whole mess an Irish sounding twang meaning mouthfulls of unpronounceable words such as "Nic Giollaimhaigh-Ni fhlioartaigh" or something similar.

These people and their husband (invariably called John) then give thier horrible,long-haired male children names like Zach and Lewis and Chrisso and Milo and Issac.

Scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

People (usually women) who give themselves two surnames because they think it sounds like they're of wealthy extraction.

Particlarly if the names sound poxy together: "O'Brien-Carolan" "Mc Collum-Porter" "O'Reilly-McBollocks"".

Usually arrogated by slightly middle class birds with Irish names such as Caoimhe or Grainne and they may try to give the whole mess an Irish sounding twang meaning mouthfulls of unpronounceable words such as "Nic Giollaimhaigh-Ni fhlioartaigh" or something similar.

These people and their husband (invariably called John) then give thier horrible,long-haired male children names like Zach and Lewis and Chrisso and Milo and Issac.

Scum.

Uhmmm ....lot of anger there... excellent post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Speak Irish you're a culchi.

Have a name in Irish you're a yuppie/knob.......Cant win.

Did hear a story about some parents trying to get their kid into a Gaelscoil, and when asked did the child have any grasp of the Irish language..
    the mother said "God, No" (facepalm)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Mayvember weather

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Podcasts. Just podcasts in general.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

People ringing during home and away

:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

People who advertise their business and put their mobile no on the advert, then refuse business related txt or whattsapp's!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement