Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

inforfun wrote: »
    People who have their own office but leave the door open and start taking\making phone calls while having their phone on speaker.

Starts annoying but really quick escalates to "absolutely want to kill him\her (usually it is a him though)"

I used to answer my phone on speaker, in my office beside my team's location way back. One Friday, in the days before caller ID, I was expecting my missus to arrive at the office as we were heading away for a company junket. The phone rang, I pressed the button for the speaker, and she blurted out 'Hi, I forget my pill so I have go back home to get it, so I'll be another half an hour'.

I don't answer the phone on speaker anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

I used to answer my phone on speaker, in my office beside my team's location way back. One Friday, in the days before caller ID, I was expecting my missus to arrive at the office as we were heading away for a company junket. The phone rang, I pressed the button for the speaker, and she blurted out 'Hi, I forget my pill so I have go back home to get it, so I'll be another half an hour'.

I don't answer the phone on speaker anymore.

Reminds me of the time I was temping and the boss's "friend" called and he kicked it to speakerphone as he was typing.

Call started with (imagine breathy girlie voice..) "heyyyy, there's my big sexy boy...". I don't think I've ever seen anyone go so red so quickly!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Motivation today is nil.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Motivation today is nil.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

30 years old. I still fumble with the correct way to put the card into the card machine. Still unsure which way is the correct way to hold it to tap. And just when I get used to doing it, Circle K have to go and undo all my learning and and have a card machine that was made in upside down opposite land and confuse me even more

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My eyes are stinging from looking at the screen for so long. Reading abduction cases. The world is mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭nermal15

Woke up to a huge leak in my hot press, all my board games that were in there are sopping wet and have now been hanging around the house all day waiting on the plumber. What a waste of a Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I think time has stopped.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Databases!
    I think time has stopped.

It has indeed bones, I've been messing with the time clock, stopping and starting time :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Databases!

Databases are awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Got a message off a guy on tinder at roughly 4am saying "hey, how're you".
    I was asleep and was busy all morning in work so hadn't gotten a minute to reply yet today.

He just messaged me again saying "f*ck you ya b*tch, you're a hoe if you aren't even going to reply".
    32 year old man employed by one of Irelands top banks, according to his profile.
    I think I might know why he finds himself single :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I was asleep and was busy all morning in work so hadn't gotten a minute to reply yet today.

He just messaged me again saying "f*ck you ya b*tch, you're a hoe if you aren't even going to reply".
    32 year old man employed by one of Irelands top banks, according to his profile.

He gets 1 million donkey of the day points for using the word 'hoe'.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Databases are awesome.

I'll get use to them eventually.

Ass clown of the highest order!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

When your boiler goes kaput as the cold weather takes hold. Thanks world.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

TA'd at people who want me to extract some data for them but wont tell me what format they want each field in. I know they will come back at the end when they realise they do actually need specific formats and ask me to change what i have done. I haven't even started the work and already i'm sick of it.

TA'd at people who want me to extract some data for them but wont tell me what format they want each field in. I know they will come back at the end when they realise they do actually need specific formats and ask me to change what i have done. I haven't even started the work and already i'm sick of it.

Info from database using SQL?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Info from database using SQL?

Indeed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Words can not describe how hurt I feel right now :(

• Shpud2 wrote: »
    Words can not describe how hurt I feel right now :(

What’s the matter? D:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭erica74

Bullet dodged. Maybe that could be your screening technique? Leave it 24 hours before replying and that allows enough time to sort the decent men from the absolute twonks.

• Advertisement

What’s the matter? D:

People. Terrible terrible people

• Registered Users Posts: 19,654 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Spent the best part of two hours on hold to Eir over four different phone calls and I still havent gotten through. Did the online chat thing who just tell you to ring into the call centre anyway. What makes it worse is Im trying to cancel the account and switch but you cant even get to talk to them to do so. God I hate that company, the good riddance will be sweet when it does happen.

Excuse me but what the **** us wrong with people and how ****ing thick can you be?
    I feel like I'm the only sane one in a world of crazy :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    People who put tea bags in the dishwasher.
    northgirl wrote: »
    People who leave teabags in the sink...
    People who reuse teabags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

He's the hoe looking for a booty call at 4am ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

When the person from the insurance asks how long have you had your full driving licence,
    over ten years says I,
    it's written on the back she says

It cant be I said because I was driving overseas 5 years before that date, on a full Irish licence,
    It's the only date we can accept, she says.

Where do you get that sorted out, is it NDLS?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    People who reuse teabags.

After they've been in the sink and/or the dishwasher? :eek: Definitely!

selous wrote: »
    When the person from the insurance asks how long have you had your full driving licence,
    over ten years says I,
    it's written on the back she says

It cant be I said because I was driving overseas 5 years before that date, on a full Irish licence,
    It's the only date we can accept, she says.

Where do you get that sorted out, is it NDLS?

That would be my first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Those frickin Wowcher ads, cheesy heads on them :(

Getting error messages when I try to send a pm.

People telling you they dont want what you're cooking for dinner but when asked what they do want they don't know.. Make up your mind, my kitchen is closing in 5 mins.. The bar is then opening 😜

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Is there an event called Holloween that I have missed? Is it not Halloween?? Not according to anyone on RTE??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement