Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's fine on my tablet, but I'm getting a blank screen on my facebook page on my computer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's back to normal now

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Brian Kerr's voice

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Brian Kerr's voice

+1000

Terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Our washing machine settings:

#3 = 40° Wash
    #4 = 30° Wash

Seriously .. why not keep it simple 3-30 & 4-40 :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭4Ad

Putting the stove on, it's nearly June !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

GBX wrote: »
    Our washing machine settings:

#3 = 40° Wash
    #4 = 30° Wash

Seriously .. why not keep it simple 3-30 & 4-40 :confused:

Think about it. If it has a rotating wash cycle control dial, as the wash cycle progresses it passes through 3, 4, 5, etc... until it reaches the end of the cycle. 3 gives it more time to heat the water therefore is a hotter wash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Think about it. If it has a rotating wash cycle control dial, as the wash cycle progresses it passes through 3, 4, 5, etc... until it reaches the end of the cycle. 3 gives it more time to heat the water therefore is a hotter wash.

nazare.jpg

Maybe I'm just slow!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Misty drizzly rain. Not quite rain, but sneaky enough to wet you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

When I click Legacy Site at the bottom of the page it always just brings me back to the new site. Wrecking my head.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    This one little piece of hair at the side of my head which for some reason, has decided to curl itself today. Bare in mind my hair is naturally straight so I have no idea why it’s like that, and it just won’t flatten out

This is how it happens https://i.pinimg.com/originals/67/2d/40/672d400556ab2ee6e3bc6d6cd3f4e078.jpg

When two people with shopping trolleys block the aisle in a supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

A few years ago when we were having out sofa delivered from Argos.
    We arranged a delivery date.
    We got a text that morning to say it was on it's way.
    I through out the old armchairs to have them out of the way.
    Waited around for the day.
    We then received a text saying they ran out of time and to arrange another delivery date.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I've waited at home twice for an electrician from prepay power who didn't turn up. I can't be bothered chasing them up, too much to do . Trying to decide where I could settle next. Gradually throwing/giving away some things and packing others so I'm ready when I decide . Then some knob gave me a heavy breathing call which reminded me to add ''new phone and number '' to the list of preparations. And only give it to people I always like to hear from , who won't abuse it.

It's been a ta of mine for ages, people ring me just for the sake of it. Delivery drivers are even doing it now too. Just knock on the door ftlog you don't need to call me from outside .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Notification only e-mails.

Amazon, Revenue, Passport office.

Away en shoite lads

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Brian Kerr's voice

Shut your whore mouth! :pac:

Brian Kerr is a hero.

I normally have a full schedule of stuff to do everyday, but now, it's an even fuller schedule and it's very TA. There is just not enough time in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Mods moving threads from AH to Politics. Guaranteed to kill them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Lidl checkouts again, the speedsters at the checkouts didn’t care that the packing shelf behind the checkouts was blocked with stacked trollies of flowers.

There was one spot open for three checkouts so there was a queue for that as well. Took forever to get the shopping on the conveyor belt due to the backlog.

Thankfully, I had my three “bags for life” open in my trolley ready to repack once the stuff was scanned but it was a nightmare to navigate.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Mods moving threads from AH to Politics. Guaranteed to kill them off.

Rarely are they moved to politics. Mostly they goto the Politics Cafe which is effectively the AH politics forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Not managing to get to the end of a loaf of bread lately before it goes mouldy. Irish Pride I’m looking at you. I took a bite of my toast this morning and had a lovely green powdery bit of mould puff out of the bread up to my face. Still not over it. Nearly as bad is bread that tastes mouldy but has no visible mould on it. Allergic.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

DO NOT DISTRACT THE BUS DRIVER

[A]Why do people not think it applies to them

Why doesnt the driver tell them to stop talking.

Happened earlier some man waffling the head off the driver,and the driver waffling back.Just takes a split second if the driver takes his eyes off the roaad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Came in from overnight to find, rinsed by not washed dishes in the dish drainer,
    a poo palace smell as it had been cleared but the floor not washed or the deodoriser not sprayed,
    curtains not opened, the water in the washing up basin is dirty and greasy, having to wash the sink before I even start to wash up dishes for dinner.

TLDL, greasy dirty ppl!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

My TA is about the reasoning why many both rural and urban people vote for who they vote for:

With more of a Politics Cafe AH Politics forum mindset than Politics forum mindset which itself is not that highly principled.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

My TA is that since late this morning I can't use the old website, it's forcing me onto the new boards.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Stupid people who just assume instead of asking, causing untold damage in the process, esp. when they're dealing with something they haven't dealt with before, you have and you're the expert on it, and YOU. ARE. RIGHT. THERE. ALL. THE. TIME.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oh, and on that note: people who blindly apply procedures, without taking into account whether such procedures are suitable for a specific set of circumstances, thinking their back is covered. "The operation was a complete success but we lost the patient", kind of thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

This growing paranoia that comes with age causing to panic over every slight abnormality health-wise.
    Like: my eyes are runny, I probably have a tumor and must now die.

If biologically you're female, it's a definite sign of prostatic cancer. If biologically you're male, it's likely ovarian cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Not seeing anyone important on an excellent hair & eyeliner day. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Two people are standing chatting in the doorway of the supermarket when I go in. They're taking up most of the space, leaving quite a small gap between themselves and the baskets. I keep walking thinking "surely they'll see me and the people entering behind me and move over." But nope.

We all have to turn sideways to get past them, I have to awkwardly turn and grab a basket on the way. A few minutes later, I'm heading to pick up some bananas, the chatters have moved and are now blocking access to where the bananas are. I go a different way and end up forgetting the f*cking bananas!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The amount of annoying cnuts in supermarkets is unreal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement