Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Leaving dirty cold sink full of water in the sink overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

The amount of annoying cnuts in supermarkets is unreal.

Yes! Try to look at something, you can't because there is someone standing in front of it. Stand in front of something, someone will want to see what you are standing in front of. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Spanish people are gas.

I mean they seem to expand to fill all available space. There was eight of the ****ers standing in a 150 square foot area in front of a market today and it was difficult to get past them. Stand in the corner or at least to one side ffs....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,216 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Antares35 wrote: »
    Yes! Try to look at something, you can't because there is someone standing in front of it. Stand in front of something, someone will want to see what you are standing in front of. :mad:

Or they stop and look but leave their trolley covering the entire width if the aisle.

On the bus and there's loads of completely empty rows of seats. Guy gets on, sits next to me, pulls out a big bible and starts writing notes into it.

I was on a flight and left my phone in the seat pocket in front of me, as you do, when I went to the loo. When I got back the guy (a stranger) sitting beside me was putting it back in the pocket. He saw I saw him and said it fell out. It couldn't have.

Now the phone was locked and he didn't get the chance to invade my privacy, but it fries my ass that people think that's an acceptable thing to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

The smell of tiling grout

• Registered Users Posts: 16,426 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Just had to dump 5 or 6 big bags of crisps because a mouse broke got into them.:mad: Why can't he just break into one and pig out on that? Would keep him going for a couple of weeks surely...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Spanish people are gas.

I mean they seem to expand to fill all available space. There was eight of the ****ers standing in a 150 square foot area in front of a market today and it was difficult to get past them. Stand in the corner or at least to one side ffs....

I find the Chinese and Japanese incredible at their ability to crowd out areas, paarticularly when I was recently in NYC.

Somewhere like Times Square which would be thronged with people particularly at night and they would be there in the middle oblivious to the fact they are slowing down everyone else's movement. Walking 4-5 abreast along footpaths undergoing construction work instead of a single file like most people.

But the worst was when I had to force my way through a pile of them who had gathered at the edge of the footpath (pretty much on the road) to rubberneck and take photos of a high-rise building on fire as the fire crews whizzed to the scene.

Its mad though- you never see them in restaurants or bars. Or at shows. They only seem to emerge in thoroughfares where they can stand in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Just had to dump 5 or 6 big bags of crisps because a mouse broke got into them.:mad: Why can't he just break into one and pig out on that? Would keep him going for a couple of weeks surely...

Family picnic maybe?

TA, still smarting over the infamous D6 mouse eating all my chocolate cereal , having climed up the vent I shared with my 24/7 pot smoking neighbour.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It was his way of calling dibs on all of them. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭ginandtonicsky

Ugh work posted a pic of me to the work social media page and I hate the photo, I look like a fat blimp. I want to send a note and ask them to take it down but of course that would make me a drama queen, and my attention-seeking colleague sent it to them because she's in it too and she loves the spotlight.

I hate this about social media, your mug can pop up anywhere without your consent. :(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I hate this about social media, your mug can pop up anywhere without your consent.

You actually should have signed a form to allow consent for the company to use your image so the company is in the wrong there to use your image without permission.

I know what you mean about it being awkward to ask for it to be taken down though.

You actually should have signed a form to allow consent for the company to use your image so the company is in the wrong there to use your image without permission.

I know what you mean about it being awkward to ask for it to be taken down though.

Yeah I’m sure that’s true but they post fairly regular “candid” shots to the page to build an image of “look how sexy a start up we are!!!1!” and there’s no way they’re ever asking anyone for consent, they wouldn’t be arsed. Plus my colleague told me that she actually submitted it to them because she loves the spotlight and I’m sure she told them it was fine to post it and is thrilled about it all.

I take terrible photos and this is a bloody awful one and it pisses me off. Say anything and you create a bad atmosphere and my colleague would prob have a right bitch about me. Such bs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Could GDPR be invoked to get the images to be taken down?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I hate this about social media, your mug can pop up anywhere without your consent. :(:(:(:(:mad::mad::mad:

In the past it would have being in the local paper!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

RMAOK wrote: »

Probably but would you really want to be that guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

watersoftener on the blink, found a place that services/repairs/replaces them, rang Monday morning bright n early, explained what the prob was, she took my number and product details said she'd ring the engineer about it and ring me back,,,,,,,,

Got a call back TODAY at 5.20pm, can you email us a picture of it so we know which one it is.....
    I gave you
    the make
    The brand...
    The model..
    the serial number...
    You want a picture of it....Google the f***ing thing (in my head)
    I think ill be ringing someone else, (muppets)

Dropped a jacket in to tailor to get a zip fixed, left my number.....30 min later got a call it was fixed, now that's what i call service.

RMAOK wrote: »

Probably, but it’d create unnecessary drama & there’s already enough office politics to contend with. Everything is DRAMA with my colleague and she’d go to town if the photo was suddenly pulled because of me. Not worth the trouble.

The page only has a few hundred followers so it’s not like I’ll be losing sleep over it, it’s just the principle of it all. Doesn’t make me feel amazing to have a crap photo of me publicly broadcasted like that and it’s why all my own social media accounts are private and fairly bare bones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 499 ✭✭SirGerryAdams

How lettuce doesn't last pissing time before going off.

I wish I could buy lettuce on a Monday and still be able to use it on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Fcuker had help, for sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

lack of bins to dispose dog bags. I won't start on the pond life that don't pick up after their dogs as this is far from trivial

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Had a super jacket for over three years. Helly Hansen which I think is a fairly well known brand and it wasn’t cheap but worth every euro I paid for it

Can’t find it anywhere. I didn’t leave near the washing machine, it’s not in work. I can’t remember where or when I saw it last :confused:

I must have left on a train, noooooooooo

But I’m not even sure if I did that, unsolved mystery. Ta’d with my carelessness

• Registered Users Posts: 33,586 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Luke Ming Flanagan.

Not Luke himself per se, but this nonsense of calling him 'Ming'.

Ok, I get it, he is sad in that he's trying to look like a film character, but he's a grown man, and all the people calling him Luke Ming are grown-ups too.

Its time to act like adults and start calling him Luke Flanagan. Drop the Ming ffs folks, its embarrassing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

NIMAN wrote: »
    Luke Ming Flanagan.

Ok, I get it, he is sad in that he's trying to look like a film character, but he's a grown man, and all the people calling him Luke Ming are grown-ups too.

Its time to act like adults and start calling him Luke Flanagan. Drop the Ming ffs folks, its embarrassing.

Ah leave him,it must be hard waiting on Flash Gordon:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

NIMAN wrote: »
    Luke Ming Flanagan.

There are a few tools like this. One guy called boxer or something and then there was Pat the Cope Gallagher.
    My personal favourite was Sean Dublin Bay Rockal Loftus.

I wish I was joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    There are a few tools like this. One guy called boxer or something and then there was Pat the Cope Gallagher.

I wish I was joking.

To be fair to Loftus he was highlighting issues with his name change.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

I wish I was joking.

Or this utter bellend who ran in the recent local elections

5py18I37_400x400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I took the dogs for a walk today. Someone had left a bag of dog sh!t on the ground beside the bin. Wtf? Put it in the bin you animal :mad:

Some ****ers around my estate poop scoop and then leave the bag on the path, if you step on it you are on your snot.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Or this utter bellend who ran in the recent local elections

5py18I37_400x400.jpg

Got elected in the first count so some must like the smile!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ah leave him,it must be hard waiting on Flash Gordon:p

He is faster than you realise ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement