Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

dubstarr wrote: »
    Ah leave him,it must be hard waiting on Flash Gordon:p

And Dale Arden

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    There are a few tools like this. One guy called boxer or something and then there was Pat the Cope Gallagher.
    My personal favourite was Sean Dublin Bay Rockal Loftus.

I wish I was joking.

And some ****er that gets called "boxer", God I would love to punch the head off him to see if he changed it to "punchbag"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Having to put a fire on, and it nearly June

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Got elected in the first count so some must like the smile!

The sexy ****er:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's being mentioned here!
    56178507_10158458292389535_2972407150275461120_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fdub1-2.fna&oh=e309f0816b41b1facfb4d03323fa633a&oe=5D531DBA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,586 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Re: Ming

I would have thought serious journo's who like to think they are at the top level, the likes of Dobbo, Pat Kenny etc would say to themselves "I'll be fecked if I'm going to call him Ming when I'm talking about him".

It appears they don't see how daft it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,627 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Oh my f*ckin God.

Why in the name of f*ck would you put a massive spoiler in the description of the next episode on Netflix???

Why in the name of little baby Jesus Christ, Mary, Joseph and all the angels and saints would you mention the death of a main character in that "starting in 5..4...3...2..1..." window?

Why the hell would you do that?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Noo

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Had a super jacket for over three years. Helly Hansen which I think is a fairly well known brand and it wasn’t cheap but worth every euro I paid for it

Can’t find it anywhere. I didn’t leave near the washing machine, it’s not in work. I can’t remember where or when I saw it last :confused:

I must have left on a train, noooooooooo

But I’m not even sure if I did that, unsolved mystery. Ta’d with my carelessness

Exact same with a pair of sandals. Go to root them out of the wardrobe for summer and cant find them anywhere. Check every nook and cranny in the house, every single pocket of bags/suitcases. Nothing.

Cant remember the absolute last time I wore them and obviously left them somewhere.....but where on earth was I that it would of had two pairs of shoes with me because I definitely didn't walk home bare foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Its payday. No sign of my money yet. I was relying on it being in my account early today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Only catching up on this thread now but.....
    I was in town shopping on Saturday with my boyfriend. He ventured off into a sports shop and I had a wander around Penneys. I spotted someone he works with in the distance who I wouldn’t really know but have met once on a night out. We both did that thing where you look at each other and then kind of look over their head pretending you didn’t see them because it’s much too awkward to stop and chat when you barley know each other. I texted my bf just saying “am in Penney’s now. Just saw Paul X in here”.

I met up with my boyfriend then a while later and our conversation went:

Me: I saw Paul in Penneys
    Him: yeah I bumped into him myself I told him you text me and said you had met him
    Me: but I didn’t meet him, I just saw him
    Him: oh really, I thought you meant ye had a chat
    Me: No!!! Ah Jaysus did you say I said I was chatting to him??
    Him: Yeah.. I said Retro told me she was chatting to ya. I thought that’s what you meant
    Me: What did he say??
    Him: Nothing really but now that I think of it he was unusually quiet

Jesus the lad must think I’m pure odd making up ****e that I had a conversation with him and this has been playing on my mind ever since!!!!
    Why must simple things be so awkward.

Morto!

Ta'd at being awake since 5 am and not being able to go back to sleep 😟

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

NIMAN wrote: »
    Re: Ming

I would have thought serious journo's who like to think they are at the top level, the likes of Dobbo, Pat Kenny etc would say to themselves "I'll be fecked if I'm going to call him Ming when I'm talking about him".

It appears they don't see how daft it is.

Hardly worth getting bothered over like?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you end up standing beside a person on the train that you know well enough not to ignore but not well enough to have a conversation.

This time it is the mother of one of my sons classmates. Writing this so I can pretend I haven't noticed her. 10 minutes left in the journey. Will do an 'ah I didn't see you there' in 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

When you end up standing beside a person on the train that you know well enough not to ignore but not well enough to have a conversation.

This time it is the mother of one of my sons classmates. Writing this so I can pretend I haven't noticed her. 10 minutes left in the journey. Will do an 'ah I didn't see you there' in 5 mins.

they are probably doing the same to you.

Same thing happened some years ago between me and classmate while waiting 10 minutes or so in a pharmacy for our prescriptions ( we were not friends and as class was cliquey we socialized in different cliques)

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Oh my f*ckin God.

Why in the name of f*ck would you put a massive spoiler in the description of the next episode on Netflix???

Why in the name of little baby Jesus Christ, Mary, Joseph and all the angels and saints would you mention the death of a main character in that "starting in 5..4...3...2..1..." window?

Why the hell would you do that?????

I was watching something on Netflix and i kind of had an idea what one of the characters did.But Netflix basically told me in the spoiler.Really pissed me off:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

That the sneaky people in life invariably turn out to be really thick. You think ''oh ok some kind of criminal mastermind , could be interesting '' but they turn out to be jumped up petty conmen/women with a sly smirk.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

they are probably doing the same to you.

Of course she was or else she would have said hello.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I had to pick up my young one from a friends house yesterday. I just wanted her to run out the door, into the car, peace out, see ya later.

But no, greeted with the dreaded
    "Ah sure, come on in!"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

There are a few tools like this. One guy called boxer or something and then there was Pat the Cope Gallagher.
    My personal favourite was Sean Dublin Bay Rockal Loftus.

I wish I was joking.

The Pat Gallagher one reaaaallllly irks me. Especially the deference shown to him by journalists who ALWAYS refer to him with that ridiculous nomenclature as if it's an official title bestowed on him from on high rather than a nonsense affectation. Just fcuking call him Pat Gallagher, FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A single nod and slight smile and then get stuck into the phone /book/tool of distractions

ta new postman isn't as predictable and I don't know if a package is coming or if he's been and gone from my road . ta that we don't get Saturday post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

My car is off the road since last weekend and now it looks like I'm going to have to cancel my NCT on Sunday as the part needed for it hasn't arrived yet. Bloody Bank Holiday now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Spoiler hysteria. I'm going to Hugh Jackman tonight and one of my friends just complained that she saw a "spoiler" for it on Facebook earlier. It's a concert! There's no plot to spoil!

Kids waking me early when they have no school.I would have loved a lie in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When ppl judge me by their personal domestic circumstances(esp when they have more conventional ones than mine)
    Then using their circumstances to belittle my annoyance at things that arise out of my circumstances.

TA, taking a garlic tab with cola to cover the taste, later on, garlic flavoured cola burps.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,216 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Had a super jacket for over three years. Helly Hansen which I think is a fairly well known brand and it wasn’t cheap but worth every euro I paid for it

Can’t find it anywhere. I didn’t leave near the washing machine, it’s not in work. I can’t remember where or when I saw it last :confused:

I must have left on a train, noooooooooo

But I’m not even sure if I did that, unsolved mystery. Ta’d with my carelessness

I've lost a pair of jeans. I had a pair of black levi's now I can't find them. I have a small apartment. I've searched everywhere. And it's not like a jacket or hoodie that i could put down somewhere when I'm out. I'm pretty certain I'd notice if I arrived home without the jeans I'm wearing.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Jeepers, lads - the Walk of Shame has a lot of missing items of clothing to answer for!

Or there's a thief who's now dressed head to toe in stolen clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

when I contact a product provider with whom I have two contracts, but only one contact dept is contactable by the chat feature, the cs for the second one is only on the phone for a couple of hours during the working day.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at feeling meh today .

The last bit of your post made me laugh.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Grayson wrote: »
    I've lost a pair of jeans. I had a pair of black levi's now I can't find them. I have a small apartment. I've searched everywhere. And it's not like a jacket or hoodie that i could put down somewhere when I'm out. I'm pretty certain I'd notice if I arrived home without the jeans I'm wearing.

I had a pair of classic limited edition runners that disappeared from my house, I'm still really pissed off about them going walkies. I still look for them from time to time in the house as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The Pat Gallagher one reaaaallllly irks me. Especially the deference shown to him by journalists who ALWAYS refer to him with that ridiculous nomenclature as if it's an official title bestowed on him from on high rather than a nonsense affectation. Just fcuking call him Pat Gallagher, FFS.

along with the thousands of other Pat Gallaghers in the area eh?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement