Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

TA that clothes you find don't fit.

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,216 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I had a pair of classic limited edition runners that disappeared from my house, I'm still really pissed off about them going walkies. I still look for them from time to time in the house as well.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

along with the thousands of other Pat Gallaghers in the area eh?

The thousands of other Pat Gallaghers who have served multiple terms as TD for Donegal, been an MEP, held various ministries of state and been vice Ceann Comhairle in the Dail???

Yeah, I can see where there'd be confusion alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Stuck behind my neighbour driving down the road this morning. I was already late and he crawled along at 30km. Continuous white line so I couldn't overtake. When we eventually got to the main junction and first set of lights, he just f*ckin breezed through them as they turned red and I had to stay behind. W*nker.

Also TA being on a diet for 3 days and expecting ALL the weight I need to shift to be gone in that time. When you've been hungry for three days, it feels positively unjust to be overweight! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

That it's quite alright to insult thinner women and call us all kinds of names . Some of us have small bones , what would you like us to do? This is a regular Facebook thing .

It's insecurity talking, because they feel they are overweight themselves .
    I have no respect for them . It's the behaviour of a bully.

Also ta, no usable strong packing tape on the tesco site. And my writing pen cartridge is out of ink.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,627 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Put your f*ckin Alsatian on a lead, will you?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dial Hard wrote: »
    The thousands of other Pat Gallaghers who have served multiple terms as TD for Donegal, been an MEP, held various ministries of state and been vice Ceann Comhairle in the Dail???

Yeah, I can see where there'd be confusion alright...

Yeh,that’s why he has the distinguishing addendum of ‘The Cope’, beats calling him Pat ‘the TD,the MEP,various ministries of State,leas Ceann Comhairle’ Gallagher.

Much neater,dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

NIMAN wrote: »
    Luke Ming Flanagan.

Not Luke himself per se, but this nonsense of calling him 'Ming'.

Ok, I get it, he is sad in that he's trying to look like a film character, but he's a grown man, and all the people calling him Luke Ming are grown-ups too.

Its time to act like adults and start calling him Luke Flanagan. Drop the Ming ffs folks, its embarrassing.

It’s weird alright. I bet Flanagan is sick of it too. Maybe he feels like he can’t change it now? He’s been known as Ming since appearing on Don’t Feed The Gondolas twenty years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Yeh,that’s why he has the distinguishing addendum of ‘The Cope’, beats calling him Pat ‘the TD,the MEP,various ministries of State,leas Ceann Comhairle’ Gallagher.

Much neater,dude.

Any reader who's too stupid to figure out that a political news story is referring to the politician Pat Gallagher without the ridiculous moniker "The Cope" being appended has my sympathies, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Any reader who's too stupid to figure out that a political news story is referring to the politician Pat Gallagher without the ridiculous moniker "The Cope" being appended has my sympathies, tbh.

Daily life isn’t all about political news,bro, daily discourse dictates that a distinguishing appendage be added to a person from an area where there are numerous persons of the same surname and the same forename.

Anyone who doesn’t see that certainly has my sympathies, and indeed would have certain concerns for me if the truth was told.

Sheltered existance would come to mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Am I the only person whose teeth are set on edge when they hear the name Josepha Madigan? It honestly must be the ugliest name I've ever heard of (Apologies to all the Jospeha's out there on boards, but whats wrong with Josephine?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Having your car die bang on in the middle of Tinahely main square (where every sheep and their mother kinda knows who I am) because you're dumb and call the husband with the key turned in the ignition.
    The indignity of calling for a jump start.
    And even worse I have an eye infection and look like I'm permanently crying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

Am I the only person whose teeth are set on edge when they hear the name Josepha Madigan? It honestly must be the ugliest name I've ever heard of (Apologies to all the Jospeha's out there on boards, but whats wrong with Josephine?)

Amen to that. I know of a Harriannne who was named for her grandfather, what's wrong with Harriet?

Daily life isn’t all about political news,bro, daily discourse dictates that a distinguishing appendage be added to a person from an area where there are numerous persons of the same surname and the same forename.

Anyone who doesn’t see that certainly has my sympathies, and indeed would have certain concerns for me if the truth was told.

Sheltered existance would come to mind.

Lots of politicians have commonplace Irish names and don’t feel the need to add anything to distinguish themselves. This isn’t Equity where no two members can have the same name.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,585 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

It’s weird alright. I bet Flanagan is sick of it too. Maybe he feels like he can’t change it now? He’s been known as Ming since appearing on Don’t Feed The Gondolas twenty years ago.

If he was sick of it you'd think he'd drop it from his election posters, and even try to stop looking like the character?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The new website I'm being forced to use is really getting on my nerves. Not particularly using boards now as I despise the functionality.

NIMAN wrote: »
    If he was sick of it you'd think he'd drop it from his election posters, and even try to stop looking like the character?

He doesn’t look that much like Ming now. He did moreso in the ‘90s when the moniker stuck. The beard he has now is one that many men wear these days.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

JCX BXC wrote: »
    The new website I'm being forced to use is really getting on my nerves. Not particularly using boards now as I despise the functionality.

Is this the responsiveness site? Are you abroad?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

I’m moving into my new gaff this weekend but the aul lad isn’t around to help me. Le rage

I’m moving into my new gaff this weekend but the aul lad isn’t around to help me. Le rage
    Sure 'Tis WHIT for yet Auld lad, and for Oul Wans & Aul Fellas.

For everyone else nudder bank holiday weekend pah!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

That it's quite alright to insult thinner women and call us all kinds of names . Some of us have small bones , what would you like us to do? This is a regular Facebook thing .

It's insecurity talking, because they feel they are overweight themselves .
    I have no respect for them . It's the behaviour of a bully.

Also ta, no usable strong packing tape on the tesco site. And my writing pen cartridge is out of ink.

The amount of times people have said to me “oh, you must eat nothing”. I’m like “eh, no, I just don’t put on weight easily”

But god, if you said that to someone who’s overweight :rolleyes:

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    The amount of times people have said to me “oh, you must eat nothing”. I’m like “eh, no, I just don’t put on weight easily”

But god, if you said that to someone who’s overweight :rolleyes:

Totally agree with this, I get it too and it's so annoying, years ago someone in work said "You'd do with a bowl of soup Duvet Day" and I felt like knocking her off the wall but if I'd said"Well we know who ate all the pies" to her there'd have been war.. Very unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

JCX BXC wrote: »

This! It's so dysfunctional that I'm using it less and less all the time and using Reddit instead. The fact boards keep ignoring all of the feedback is annoying. We want to use the site but they are making it impossible.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Lads, try clearing the cache and logging in again, sometimes Boards gets stuck in a responsive site "loop" (at least, that's what I found), but clearing the cache and clicking on legacy again usually does the trick for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Deja Boo wrote: »
    So, are they doing away with Legacy?
    Doubt I will be able to use Boards once it's gone. :(

There would be no users left if they got rid of legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    When you end up standing beside a person on the train that you know well enough not to ignore but not well enough to have a conversation.

This time it is the mother of one of my sons classmates. Writing this so I can pretend I haven't noticed her. 10 minutes left in the journey. Will do an 'ah I didn't see you there' in 5 mins.

It was horrifying last year when I was on the Luas and on walked my cousin's ex who I hadn't seen since their sudden split. She was standing at the next door up from me on the same carraige and I KNOW she made eye contact with me when I happened to spot her. Both of us firmly fixed our attention out the window thereafter. Tots awks.

My TA is my friend asking me for my current address early in the week, and me not knowing is it an invite to someone else's wedding and he is asking me on their behalf as the best man, or if it's a thank-you card for attending HIS wedding. The suspense is killing me as I already have a few damn weddings coming up this year and could do without another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I cant use multi quote, but ref Duvet and Kittie's posts.

My friend's mum(now a 'huge size 10') has never met me because she would be embarrassed to be seen with someone as fat as I am (size 18/20)
    An ex colleague wouldn't sit with me at lunchtime as 'I would be looking down my nose at her for eating meat'.

I dont know why there is such a high % of food nazi's in Ireland, I wish it would knock it off, I never believed it when ppl said what other ppl say is a reflection of themselves and not you, until I met this kind of attitude here.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My What'sApp is refusing to send pictures.
    I've trued deleting old pictures encase the memory was fully.
    I tuned on and off my phone and deleted the app and reinstalled it.
    It didn't work!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

My What'sApp is refusing to send pictures.
    I've trued deleting old pictures encase the memory was fully.
    I tuned on and off my phone and deleted the app and reinstalled it.
    It didn't work!

Apparently it's down for everyone freshpopcorn , there's a thread in Virgin Media about it .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Apparently it's down for everyone freshpopcorn , there's a thread in Virgin Media about it .

Thanks!
    It's working for my mother/sister but they have iphone's. I've a Samsung/Android.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement