Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Thanks!
    It's working for my mother/sister but they have iphone's. I've a Samsung/Android.

There's your problem :D

My whatsapp is working beautifully :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ta'd at wasting the evening away by procrastinating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Shemale wrote: »
    And some ****er that gets called "boxer", God I would love to punch the head off him to see if he changed it to "punchbag"

The dickwad even has a film, RTE2 now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    JCX BXC wrote: »
    The new website I'm being forced to use is really getting on my nerves. Not particularly using boards now as I despise the functionality.

Is this the responsiveness site? Are you abroad?
    Nope in Ireland, clicking the legacy site button just reloads the page I'm on with the 'responsive' site.

I wouldn't mind as much but the features are completely different, for example I can no longer see the most thanked posts, which I often read. Thanking posts and loading other threads doesn't work sometimes and it's just a great annoyance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭A Summer In Provence

When the underwire in your brand new bra pops through the fabric and repeatedly stabs you in the boob and underarm :(

It happened to me this morning, 20 minutes into my working day.... I did toy with the idea of pulling the wire out but thought better of it - one lop-sided boob mightn't be a great look in the office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

[QUOTE=I would of, I could of... STOP![/QUOTE]

Then you should of!...
    Can you be a bit more pacific please? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Nope in Ireland, clicking the legacy site button just reloads the page I'm on with the 'responsive' site.

I wouldn't mind as much but the features are completely different, for example I can no longer see the most thanked posts, which I often read. Thanking posts and loading other threads doesn't work sometimes and it's just a great annoyance.
    I have been on boards ten years and didn't know you can do this? How do you do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

People talking on the radio and you can hear all their mouth noises and lip smacking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Same thing was happening to me.
    Here is how to fix it

https://7labs.io/tips-tricks/clear-site-specific-cookies-cache.html

People talking on the radio and you can hear all their mouth noises and lip smacking.

Particularly noticeable on Irish Radio stations of all shapes compared to the likes of BBC Radio 4.

• Advertisement

Particularly noticeable on Irish Radio stations of all shapes compared to the likes of BBC Radio 4.

There was some guy on recently and it was just unbearable. I couldn't listen to him. It sounded like he was suffering from the side effects of medication or something.

Yeh,that’s why he has the distinguishing addendum of ‘The Cope’, beats calling him Pat ‘the TD,the MEP,various ministries of State,leas Ceann Comhairle’ Gallagher.

Much neater,dude.

Addendums are at the end, do you say Pat Gallagher The Cope ?

Only a retard would have to wonder if the press are talking about someone else in a political article, in reference to a TD, member of Fianna Fail, Ceann Comhairle or MEP

When the underwire in your brand new bra pops through the fabric and repeatedly stabs you in the boob and underarm :(

It happened to me this morning, 20 minutes into my working day.... I did toy with the idea of pulling the wire out but thought better of it - one lop-sided boob mightn't be a great look in the office.

You could try a piece of toilet roll wrapped around the wire and sellotape around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,170 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Same thing was happening to me.
    Here is how to fix it

https://7labs.io/tips-tricks/clear-site-specific-cookies-cache.html

Just cleared my cookies and I'm back! Thanks very much. If only I had thought of that sooner!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Extract from conversation between brother and myself....
    Me : Why do you have all the glasses upside down in the press
    Brother : So as there's no dust in them
    Me : Sure why dont you stack the bowls and plates upside down then?
    Brother (with a perplexed look): Sure why would I do that?
    Me : Exactly.

I always ask when I see this in someone's house, and the reaction is usually the same. Makes zero sense to me.

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Extract from conversation between brother and myself....
    Me : Why do you have all the glasses upside down in the press
    Brother : So as there's no dust in them
    Me : Sure why dont you stack the bowls and plates upside down then?
    Brother (with a perplexed look): Sure why would I do that?
    Me : Exactly.

I always ask when I see this in someone's house, and the reaction is usually the same. Makes zero sense to me.
    I prefer glasses with clean rims. There shouldn't be a lot of dust in a cupboard anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You at home with one other person.
    Ye both know there's nobody else in the house.
    Your got to the bathroom and lock the door.
    They arrive at the door and start shouting.
    Is that you freshpopcorn?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,627 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Since when does 4 cans of 4.0% beer give you a headache the next day?

This is bullshìt.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Since when does 4 cans of 4.0% beer give you a headache the next day?

This is bullshìt.

When it is **** beer full of chemicals. What was it? Molston?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,627 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

When it is **** beer full of chemicals. What was it? Molston?

Nay, Lidl's finest Excelsior!

(But I've had it many, many times. This hasn't happened on a measly 4 of them before.)

• Advertisement

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Nay, Lidl's finest Excelsior!

(But I've had it many, many times. This hasn't happened on a measly 4 of them before.)

Dehydration?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,375 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Getting old ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Tagged in my friend’s kid’s first birthday posts on insta and I’ve a glass of wine horsed into my mouth in every pic. Stay classy hun.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When you get food at a salad bar/deli and everything is tainted of onions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Lighting the stove on the 1st of June....come on God, a joke is a joke but seriously???.....send the bloody summer sun....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Pippa Ormond still calling herself O'Connor, as if she was never married.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,697 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Didn't realise it was a legal requirement for women to change their name. When did that happen???

• Registered Users Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

people who "brand" themselves (ugh)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I bought more of something than I needed today as I had a €2 off voucher for spending €10. Promptly forgot to hand over the voucher at the till:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,176 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Morons who do not get the concept of a continuous white line.

To thine own self be true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement