Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

When you allow someone the use of your house for a weekend and they decide to relieve you of a handful of your favourite books ... books that hold huge sentimental meaning :(

Who is this person? Say it to them, it'll eat you up if not.

My annoyance today. I cant get the rear right light working on the car. I'll have to get the neighbour to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I carried my equipment outside to work and ten minutes later the rainclouds gathered overhead .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Horseracing news on the sports news. Horseracing is not a sport. If there was no betting, nobody would look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Dates. Not the ones you go on, the ones you eat. How is that classed as food?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That we're near the end of this thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,466 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Horseracing news on the sports news. Horseracing is not a sport. If there was no betting, nobody would look at it.

Oooooh..... a certain Mr Pauric Lodge won’t be too impressed.

That’s his bailiwick dude........guaranteed a horse racing insert,and jockeys name checked.

Taking over from poor Colm......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I made the perfect mug of tea and left the room to get something. Came back and the parrot had pushed it off the counter :mad: Guess I'm having roast parrot for dinner :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,502 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

The Irish media's obsession with The Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Being freezing in June

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

These fcuking movie ‘stars’ doing ads on tv . First Harvey kitel , then Kevin bacon and now there’s someone new doing stupid ads . I thought these millionaires were ‘ artists ‘ and these ads were below them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Arghus wrote: »
    The Irish media's obsession with The Leaving Cert.

The annual "The leaving cert is too stressful for students and is in need of a dramatic overhaul" article that the papers all print around this time every year for at least the past 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Being freezing in June

I just got into bed and it was actually cold . I mean really cold ! Godsake

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have a cold. I’ve just come back from walking the dog for which I needed to root out my winter jacket. I’ve a fire on and my clothes horse plonked in front drying my bits because the clothes line has seen more rain than clothes the last two weeks. What is this atrocity??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

When you send a funny pic or message to your parents on WhatsApp and their response is never the correct type of response!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

DareGod wrote: »
    When you send a funny pic or message to your parents on WhatsApp and their response is never the correct type of response!

When you get a funny pic on whatsapp from your kids and you are never quite sure how to respond

😜

• Registered Users Posts: 33,584 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Soundbites, be they on the radio or TV.

Topical example, the leaving cert.

About 150,000 kids doing it today and we get a clip of 2 of them on the radio basically saying I found it tough, the other it was grand.

Added zero to the piece.

They do the same on TV. Stop some randomer in the street who gives their opinion on some news article. Like who cares!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Up at 5.30am. Tough day at work, stayed late. Buy a load of groceries in M&S and lug the bag to Tara St. Got the train at 6.25pm only for it to terminate in Connolly due to "major signal failure". Have to get a Bus Eireann home. Uncomfortable. Discover that trains started running again before 7.00pm. Cursing. On bus for 90 minutes and then a 15 minute walk to my car (parked in train station) carrying the shopping. Rang my son while on the bus and asked him to turn on the oven so I could cook my dinner when I got home.

Get home at 9.00pm. Oven not turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your waiting to use the toilet and you know the person in there is just texting/typing!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

iamwhoiam wrote:
    When you get a funny pic on whatsapp from your kids and you are never quite sure how to respond

Getting text speak messages off your parents is worse.

No idea what they mean.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When your waiting to use the toilet and you know the person in there is just texting/typing!

I won't ask how you know :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Don't we all kill some time doing it.

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

MEN

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

honeybear wrote: »
    MEN

What did we do now???

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The toilet flushes and they sink stops and you can hear loads of typing.
    It's a thin door!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

The toilet flushes and they sink stops and you can hear loads of typing.
    It's a thin door!

Take your ear away from the keyhole :p

TA , I've forgotten what it was now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Decided to varnish the new skirting boards in the hallway after work on Tuesday evening. All was going grand until I had to fetch something from another room. Got whatever it was, but kicked the virtually full can of varnish all over the newly laid wooden floor :mad:

Luckily, I managed (after a few seconds of intense panic) to get it all wiped up and it didn't leave a stain.

Had to take yesterday off work so I could buy a new can of varnish and finish the job off.

Still TA'd at myself for leaving the lid off the can - how stupid can one man be?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Office aircon still seems to be configured for last year's June weather, rather than the second winter we're currently having. Going to have to start bringing an emergency cardi or something in with me.

Today is the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings at Normandy.
    What is the History channel showing?

Swamp people :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,216 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Today is the 75th anniversary of the D-Day landings at Normandy.
    What is the History channel showing?

Swamp people :rolleyes:

It's the fiftieth anniversary of the great swamp war.

Never forget.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I want to go home and sleep but also eat lots of food, like cheeseburgers.

I'm in work.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement