Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I had an orange that was really hard to peel then it had a thick white pith that had to be removed. I then counted 11 pips that had to be removed. It was a really nice orange after all that, but the effort :(

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I had an orange that was really hard to peel then it had a thick white pith that had to be removed. I then counted 11 pips that had to be removed. It was a really nice orange after all that, but the effort :(

I've a few here that I will need an angle-grinder to get into.

Rock hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,742 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    Every bit as bad as buying a box of what used to be called mandarins or satsumas or clementines, but now don't have any name (apart from the straight from nature sounding "Easy Peelers"), and they turn out to be flavourless.

Or dry. That really does boil my beans.
    Rubberlegs wrote: »

That’s why I stopped buying oranges and moved on to the mandarin varieties. They have been equally heartbreaking though.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When your program doesn't get fully recorded because it over ran or the program before it over ran!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

€50 for the doctor today. €39 for anti biotics. Asked for a sick cert on my way out the door as I wasn’t able to go to work today and likely won’t tomorrow either (I have bronchitis).
    No bother says the doctor, that’ll be €10 extra for the sick cert.

Never mind the fact I’m down two days wages because my company doesn’t give sick pay.
    It’s a sad state of affairs when you can’t even afford to be sick :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Putting a brand new pair of tights, fresh out of the box, on my legs and rip them when I pull them up.

Asparagus. Well, the first trip to the bathroom after eating it. What is that about??

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Walking down the street today guy walking in opposite direction them he spits onto the ground. What is that about?? Where have standards gone and just being decent...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

Blaizes wrote: »
    Walking down the street today guy walking in opposite direction them he spits onto the ground. What is that about?? Where have standards gone and just being decent...

This happens to me so often that I eventually began to wonder if everyone just hated me or something :pac: Shocking amount of males spitting on the ground when coming towards me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Asparagus. Well, the first trip to the bathroom after eating it. What is that about??

I read that fast and thought you said Asperger's!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

DareGod wrote: »
    This happens to me so often that I eventually began to wonder if everyone just hated me or something :pac: Shocking amount of males spitting on the ground when coming towards me.

It's not you, it's their behaviour and it's Disgusting.Whether they even have the self awareness to realise it or not is another story.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The great unwashed protesting in the Garden of Rememberance yesterday on the anniversary of D-Day.

Not a Trump fan at all, but the irony is completely lost on these oafs. How come you don't see them out protesting their own government's considerable list of failings at present? Where were they when there was as just as much, if not more, bombing going on under Obama's regime?

I suppose they need something to do to pass the time, as the majority of them are too lazy to work.

They really stuck it to Trump!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,765 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

DareGod wrote: »

One lad spat over his shoulder while walking in front of me in Cork a while back. He realised I was behind him and apologised to me! (The spit didn't come anywhere near me).
    I laughed, but it's still really gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Could of, should of, would of - this morning I saw could've of. Good Lord.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,964 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Blaizes wrote: »

People are disgusting. I can understand if somebody is coughing and splurting but it seems to be a normal thing to do for so many people. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

The worst is when someone blows a snot rocket out their nose on the street.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The worst is when someone blows a snot rocket out their nose on the street.

I'm a hoor for this when I'm running or cycling.....but I figure being able to breathe is probably more important than appearances. I like breathing.

A TA of mine is when I misjudge a snotrocket when cycling and it ends up on my shoulder.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I'm a hoor for this when I'm running or cycling.....but I figure being able to breathe is probably more important than appearances. I like breathing.

A TA of mine is when I misjudge a snotrocket when cycling and it ends up on my shoulder.

It doesn’t count in a “sporting” context. But seeing some tracksuited wretch engaging in it on a city street is inexcusable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Work in Dublin City Centre. Going to grab some lunch and there's a big queue. I hate the people who had the temerity to get there before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I had a job interview last Thursday and one particular friend keeps asking me if there's any word. I know she means well but it's driving me demented. I'll tell you if there's any word!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I had a job interview last Thursday and one particular friend keeps asking me if there's any word. I know she means well but it's driving me demented. I'll tell you if there's any word!!!

Any word yet though?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Any word yet though?

*adds to Ignore list*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Northern Ireland people and their extreme over use of the word 'Community'
    The Garda Commisioner fella was on the news there, he must have said 'Communiddy' at least 20 times.

Hey Dial Hard, any word yet :pac:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Hey Dial Hard, any word yet :pac:

;)

(See what I did there, BB? :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Wearing summer shoes today that I've had for years. Why are they cutting my heels now?

New Home wrote: »
    ;)

(See what I did there, BB? :pac:)
    That's why I love you New Home.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's why I love you New Home.

Quoting for posterity (and for blackmailing purposes, should the need arise). :cool:

Ever heard of tissues? :mad:

• Advertisement

New Home wrote: »
    Ever heard of tissues? :mad:
    There's no room in my short tight short shorts for tissues

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement