Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Waking up with a headache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

The house water was roasting hot- my immersion switch had been on- who knows how long!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Try_harder wrote: »
    The house water was roasting hot- my immersion switch had been on- who knows how long!

Hate when that happens!

Hate when that happens!

Its never happened me before-6 years in the house! Bigger bill at Xmas

Missed call from my brother- called him straight back - no answer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,604 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Left our cat into the cattery as we're away tomorrow and both myself and my husband feel like such horrible bastards. She was sad mioawing as we left and it just broke my heart. :(

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Left our cat into the cattery as we're away tomorrow and both myself and my husband feel like such horrible bastards. She was sad mioawing as we left and it just broke my heart. :(

Heartbreaking stuff :'(, enjoy your trip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

This is not actually trivial to me at all but I just need to briefly vent.

The ignorance about, and arrogance directed towards, people who choose a vegan-based diet is pathetically cli-ché and at this point is beyond fkn horrific.

(Don't respond to me if it's to attack veganism.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

How do you know if someone is vegan?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

DareGod wrote: »
    This is not actually trivial to me at all but I just need to briefly vent.

The ignorance about, and arrogance directed towards, people who choose a vegan-based diet is pathetically cli-ché and at this point is beyond fkn horrific.

(Don't respond to me if it's to attack veganism.)

Its baffling to me why anyone would care what another eats ! Unless I am being lectured at about a particular preference I couldn't care less what others eat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Even with the blasphemy laws repealed, there is not enough swear words that I can use for this.

Just saw a Christmas ad for Asda on one of the ITV channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

New Home wrote: »
    Don't talk to me, my ESB bill went up by a third, and I didn't do anything different! :mad:

I switched to J.E last year, they have annoyed the F out of me since day one,
    They switched my electric forgot to switch gas, but were asking me for readings for both, took two months to switch gas.

Variable billing every 2 months, NO, they send level payment billing every month.

During the summer ask for a reading but I cant submit one because it's lower than their estimated one, (I only have gas for heating) took month and a half to get sorted,

They told me to submit a reading 7 days prior to billing date, I do....and get them estimated every time,
    12 months contract is up in December, but they have the cheapest price so far, but I'll be checking it again real soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Mollyb60 wrote: »

A friend used this site to find a local sitter - worked out really well for them, at a fairly modest cost

https://ie.catinaflat.com

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That's an excellent idea, I didn't know about that - I'll definitely bookmark it, thanks Andrew. :)

My TA is people who ask you a question, and as soon as you start to answer (like, 3 words in, not 300) they start looking at their phone and don't listen to one word of what you're saying. :mad: If my eyes could shoot daggers....

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Even with the blasphemy laws repealed, there is not enough swear words that I can use for this.

Just saw a Christmas ad for Asda on one of the ITV channels.

Christmas ad for Argos was just on sky. I told it to **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Dropped my lense cap into the Liffey :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭DareGod

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Its baffling to me why anyone would care what another eats ! Unless I am being lectured at about a particular preference I couldn't care less what others eat

True. But actually, it's never about what the vegan eats, it's about vegans being "preachy."

They hear *some* vegans being preachy, and their illogical, irrational, nonsensical response to hearing *some* vegans being preachy is to decide that *all* vegans are therefore preachy (this makes zero sense) and then proceed with their lazy, cli-ché anti-vegan tirade. (Internet comment sections are their favourite place to spend their lives.)

*Small portions* of large groups of people (who share similar beliefs) preach their beliefs all the time, and yet none seems to elicit such an ill-tempered response than the response of non-vegans to vegans. It's a shame that those people refuse to admit to themselves why exactly that might be.

Is anyone else having a problem sending PMs?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I just sent you one to see if it's working .

It sent anyway !

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Not personally, but I heard that quite a few people do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭PM me nudes

Been having problems for years

^^^ very apt user name :pac:

Ta'd at my choice of captain for FF *cross face*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

^^^ very apt user name :pac:

Ta'd at my choice of captain for FF *cross face*

Who'd you go for Seph? I went for Aguero so still to play yet.

Who'd you go for Seph? I went for Aguero so still to play yet.

Had Kun and then a few lads said they were captaining salah and arsenals defence was bad/wouldn't stand a chance with salah, so I jumped on the band wagon LOL and captained him last minutes, watch now kun will get a hattrick tomorrow :mad: :( :pac:

Also I took a -4 and brought in arnie, FFS bad FF decisions this weekend :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Had Kun and then a few lads said they were captaining salah and arsenals defence was bad/wouldn't stand a chance with salah, so I jumped on the band wagon LOL and captained him last minutes, watch now kun will get a hattrick tomorrow :mad: :( :pac:

Stinger. It's such a sickener when you get your captain pick wrong.

I usually look like this.. :D

giphy.gif

People on commuter train listening to music out loud, fine I thought Im getting off at Newbridge. Get on Galway train, pair of pricks watching some Country music video - blaring!!!

Twice today I've seen the people with the food trolley get abused by passengers and both times it was completely unwarranted. The attitude of people on public transport is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

The Boards app won't work and I keep forgetting to use the actual site.

My major TA this week is that I paid over half of my wages on tax. I'm so annoyed. Payroll won't answer the phone to explain it to me either. Give me back my money!!!!

• Advertisement

Shpud2 wrote: »
    Twice today I've seen the people with the food trolley get abused by passengers and both times it was completely unwarranted. The attitude of people on public transport is shocking.

Forgot my snood on the train :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement