Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Am... came home today to find the TV (belonging to demongirl) gone. Behaviour now gone beyond bizarre.. :confused:

Demon girl ehh?

*Ominous spooky music plays from the exorcist movies*

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

New Home wrote: »
    Seph, go back and read Ted's post again. I don't think it means what you think it means. :cool:;):pac:

Ya I chose to make my own meaning of it and to be oblivious to what he really meant :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ya I chose to make my own meaning of it and to be oblivious to what he really meant

Be like that then. :P

TA the I ate too much yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Phlegmy cough

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Try_harder wrote: »
    Phlegmy cough

Have the Kardashians had another baby and that's what they've called it ??? :D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You mean CHESTY cough, surely! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm sick of the cold damp weather already and it's only November :(

Seven Worlds will Collide

There's a shop between Deansgrange and Blackrock that's trivally annoyed me for years now: this one.

Zoom into the sign on each side, and compare them to the main sign. Is everybody being too polite to tell the owner? (very conceivable in this society) Am I the only one who even notices!

I'm fairly sure I own at least 3 Stanley knives but I just had to cut up the cardboard box of a telly with a bread knife. (which tbf did the job)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

When you walk into a cafe and straight up to the counter. There will be waitress/server standing watching you as you walked in and as soon as you are within 3 feet of the counter and then....BANG..within 0.045 seconds: 'What can I get you?'.

Jesus woman I only just got here give me an effing chance....in fact you literally stood there and just watched me walk in seconds ago....:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

People who constantly leave the office door open when its freezing.

The same people will close the door in the summer when its roasting

When you are queuing up at the till in Tesco or wherever with your large weekly shop and naturally you will have other people doing likewise.

What really pisses me off is when women (I have never seen a man do this) stand there as the groceries are being put through and then at the end are told the price but then and only then do they start the long rummage through there oversized handbag to find their purse. Taking an eternity to find their purse and then their brick sized purse must be opened (with all sorts of crap stuffed in there which is another rant in itself)- cue more rummaging.

What is wrong with you? It is not like the cashier has caught you by surprise asking for payment.

Oh and then...having paid...they begin the long and laborious process of:

1. Putting change/bank card back in purse
    2. Closing said purse
    3. Putting said purse back in said handbag
    4. Then starts to have some random bull**** small talk about the weather with cashier.

All seem to take an inordinate amount of time.

My tolerance level is non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Bob Harris wrote: »
    An out of office reply to an email I sent earlier 'I am currently out of the office on business in the Far East and will return....'

Someone really felt the need to name drop where they were.
    They've only gone on a stroll to Wicklow head.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_points_of_Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

In the health food shop and some old lady before me was asking for euthanasia.. I think (hope) she meant echinacea.. gave me a laugh anyway.

Meant to post this in happily thread!

When you are queuing up at the till in Tesco or wherever with your large weekly shop and naturally you will have other people doing likewise.

What really pisses me off is when women (I have never seen a man do this) stand there as the groceries are being put through and then at the end are told the price but then and only then do they start the long rummage through there oversized handbag to find their purse. Taking an eternity to find their purse and then their brick sized purse must be opened (with all sorts of crap stuffed in there which is another rant in itself)- cue more rummaging.

What is wrong with you? It is not like the cashier has caught you by surprise asking for payment.

2. Closing said purse
    4. Then starts to have some random bull**** small talk about the weather with cashier.

**applause**

One of these days the incredibly slow woman in Eason's, Heuston will be the cause of me losing my mind and either being sectioned or locked up for murder.

Drives me batty that!!!!!

In the health food shop and some old lady before me was asking for euthanasia.. I think (hope) she meant echinacea.. gave me a laugh anyway.

Posts you shouldn't read when you're sneaking Boards without the boss knowing!!!

I may have waterboarded myself there with tea!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went upstairs to the gym and it was locked, despite it opening at 8.30am. That fcuks up my plans for the day because now I have to go for a run later on instead of having it out of the way this morning like I had planned :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

When you walk into a cafe and straight up to the counter. There will be waitress/server standing watching you as you walked in and as soon as you are within 3 feet of the counter and then....BANG..within 0.045 seconds: 'What can I get you?'.

Jesus woman I only just got here give me an effing chance....in fact you literally stood there and just watched me walk in seconds ago....:mad::mad:

This.

And when they ask you "are you ok"? Eh, yes fine thanks... :confused:

northgirl wrote: »
    This.

And when they ask you "are you ok"? Eh, yes fine thanks... :confused:

Yeah or

"That will be €5.00 love/darling/bab/darling/my lovely."

A few years back a security guard at Dublin Airport at the scanning machine called me "Young man" and I proceeded to say "Thanks Old Man"- you should have seen the look on his face patronising fcuker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Yeah or

"That will be €5.00 love/darling/bab/darling/my lovely."

A few years back a security guard at Dublin Airport at the scanning machine called me "Young man" and I proceeded to say "Thanks Old Man"- you should have seen the look on his face patronising fcuker.

Brilliant!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭storker

I'm convinced that there is an inverse relationship between the urgency with which handbag items need to be retrieved, and their depth in the bag - mainly purses and phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Bredabe

2. Closing said purse

This, when they spend ages on the bus rummaging for their purses and then pick out every. single. cent, for the driver, having already delayed by asking how much the fare is?, ITS ON THE FREAKING SHELTER WALL, and they've been waiting for the bus, locate your purse then!

Work computer is short of storage, it pops up what seems to be hourly to tell me so, it wont let me work around it and I'm not authorised to do anything but input/surf etc. with it. Get the message computer!!!:mad:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

This voluntary school contribution bullsh1t. I have no problem paying for my son's education.
    Our school is collecting this voluntary contribution under the cover of the music program, which is fine and I also have no problem with it.
    I completely forgot paying it at the start of the year, it kinda drowned in the galore of payments the school needs.

Now what does annoy me though is that the principal (she's doing a good job in fairness) rings me to remind me that I didn't pay it yet.
    I appreciate the reminder, you'll get the yo-yo's but isn't it a bit thick to "remind" people of a voluntary payment?!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

In a country with FREE primary and secondary education!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

The temptation to buy things in the Black Friday sales, even though I reeeeeaaaally shouldn’t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

God people are full of sh!t.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    The temptation to buy things in the Black Friday sales, even though I reeeeeaaaally shouldn’t

A pair of shoes I was hoping would be on sale are - but not in my size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Wanted to read news articles on the times.co.uk but had to register an account/email address to read news articles on their site

Now they are f`cking practically spamming my mailbox every day with ****e

F off. !!!..

I just want to read the news.

Stop emailing me!!

New Home wrote: »
    You mean CHESTY cough, surely! :D

No the kind of cough that makes you cough up slimer!

• Advertisement

wally1990 wrote: »
    Wanted to read news articles on the times.co.uk but had to register an account/email address to read news articles on their site

Now they are f`cking practically spamming my mailbox every day with ****e

F off. !!!..

I just want to read the news.

Stop emailing me!!

Rupert Murdoch knows where you live!

The dentist's injection had me out for the count!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement