Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

God people are full of sh!t.

I have a good friend from Nigeria but lately it's all 'God' this and 'God' that. I told him a while back I had an infection and was very sick and his reply was: 'you are not sick, the doctors have it wrong, God healed you years ago, no need to take the antibiotics'.
    I thought I would fcking kill him :eek:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Try_harder wrote: »
    No the kind of cough that makes you cough up slimer!

I meant that as the name of the new imaginary Kardashian baby. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

I have a good friend from Nigeria but lately it's all 'God' this and 'God' that. I told him a while back I had an infection and was very sick and his reply was: 'you are not sick, the doctors have it wrong, God healed you years ago, no need to take the antibiotics'. I thought I would fcking kill him

God that's awful.. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Between the Demon upstairs and SKY, homicidal activities may commence shortly..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

I'm watching "haul" videos on YouTube, so the fact that I am TA'd is my own fault, but the YouTubers are all surprised when the stuff they order off cheap Chinese websites "looks and feels really cheap".

Well.... You paid 2e for it, did you expect it to be anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Have to spend the night with my little guy in hospital... I'm thankful it's just to investigate some problems but right now he's finding it hard to go to sleep in a strange bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Have to spend the night with my little guy in hospital... I'm thankful it's just to investigate some problems but right now he's finding it hard to go to sleep in a strange bed.

Geez , I hope he's ok and fingers crossed you both manage to get some sleep during the night . Not easy I know but , hopefully .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Geez , I hope he's ok and fingers crossed you both manage to get some sleep during the night . Not easy I know but , hopefully .

Thanks Mam, I guess I should post in the TH thread, but he's asleep now :) I had brought a Virgin Atlantic blanket i nicked from the plane last year's holidays, just to have something from home to wrap him in, and it did the trick !!! He's only being investigated/observed for appendicitis so hopefully it's nothing more serious than that and that's even not very likely, fingers crossed. Thinking of some little ones and parents a lot worse off than us in here.
    Sorry wrong thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,906 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Thanks Mam, I guess I should post in the TH thread, but he's asleep now :) I had brought a Virgin Atlantic blanket i nicked from the plane last year's holidays, just to have something from home to wrap him in, and it did the trick !!! He's only being investigated/observed for appendicitis so hopefully it's nothing more serious than that and that's even not very likely, fingers crossed. Thinking of some little ones and parents a lot worse off than us in here.
    Sorry wrong thread :)

That's great that he's asleep ,and kudos to you for bringing something familiar and comforting from home !
    Hope all goes well anyway , appendicitis or not , and try get a few hours rest, if not sleep , yourself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Micky___

Roommates who refuse to clear out their old gone off food from the fridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

My shoulder is sore. My stomach is upset. I took a motilium and a renne.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Micky___ wrote: »
    Roommates who refuse to clear out their old gone off food from the fridge.

Also, flat mates who don’t clean the kitchen, and leave both their dirty and clean dishes all over the place

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Family drama,smart asses, fecking hell, get me out of here, Bil giving me the cold shoulder and being friendly with my brothers and everyone else except for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

Unless Disney trained a bunch of animals to act on camera, the remake of The Lion King is not live action. It is CGI. Photorealistic but still CGI.

TA that everyone including a majority of media articles are calling it live action.

Disney's own marketing calls it live action but it won't have any problem when it starts getting award nominations for Best Animated Movie.

I've met some w***ers in my days but this she devil tops them all. Nothing more will be said to her for the remaining... 5 days except a perfunctory "hello".
    Never in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Loud people in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Slow/meandering narrow footpath walkers - let me past god damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The cold. I just cant get warm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Would Disney ever fcuk off trying to remake every single goddamn movie in their back catalogue. We didn't need a live remake of Beauty and the Beast and we definitely don't ****ing need a live remake of The Lion King.

STOP RUINING MY CHILDHOOD YOU FCUKERS.

(although it was pretty cool to hear JEJ's voice as Mufasa)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Would Disney ever fcuk off trying to remake every single goddamn movie in their back catalogue. We didn't need a live remake of Beauty and the Beast and we definitely don't ****ing need a live remake of The Lion King.

STOP RUINING MY CHILDHOOD YOU FCUKERS.

(although it was pretty cool to hear JEJ's voice as Mufasa)

I feel the same, although the new Lion King movie does look very cute so I’ll probably go and see it anyway :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

People standing outside the doorway of shops smoking.Move away.

Black Friday extremes - some of the videos are just disturbing..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Any Doobalin accent, some of them are so extreme that they sound like they are actually putting them on, eg "a bottil uv awwwchad teeeeeyavvvvssssss, paleeas"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

People driving fast in residential/built up areas this does not demonstrate you are a good driver in fact it demonstrates the opposite.

People waiting for you to pass when there is enough room to fit four elephants and then stand in your way, really annoying usually say thank you but thinking the opposite.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Any Doobalin accent, some of them are so extreme that they sound like they are actually putting them on, eg "a bottil uv awwwchad teeeeeyavvvvssssss, paleeas"

I'll bleeeddin baaattteerrrr you, and yer ma.

TA today that I don't have a puppy. I want a puppy!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭storker

Newstalk's love of playing YouTube videos. On the radio. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've been looking at so many puppies lately! I'll be hitting Dogs Trust this weekend I think

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've been looking at so many puppies lately! I'll be hitting Dogs Trust this weekend I think

So have I. Beautiful puppies everywhere looking for homes. TA himself thinks 4 animals is enough for now. Sure doesn't everyone know 6 animals is the perfect amount!

Please share pics if you get a new buddy on the weekend! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Heidi

Seven Worlds will Collide

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement