Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

Heidi

Aaawww she's so gorgeous. It's not fair!!! I NEED another!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,895 ✭✭✭gifted

Queuing in smyths carrying a fairly heavy package and the woman in front goes looking for her card after the cashier tells her the cost....2 min of casually searching her purse/ bag...can't find card so theno decides to pay by cash....2 min more of casually gathering up the cash ....bucko here passing out from the dead weight I'm lifting.....

Come on ladies....you know the price before you get to the till...have the card/ cash ready......

'Last Christmas' affronting the ears in many a retail outlet. Another five weeks of torment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

All the emotion just came pouring out. SO annoyed with myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

On steroids for the week and if past experience is to go by I know this means I’ll be in the best mood ever this week while on them and then ready to jump off a bridge and kill everyone around me next week. Woohoo! (Ye were warned)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    All the emotion just came pouring out. SO annoyed with myself.
    On steroids for the week and if past experience is to go by I know this means I’ll be in the best mood ever this week while on them and then ready to jump off a bridge and kill everyone around me next week. Woohoo! (Ye were warned)

*hugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 28,954 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

LirW wrote: »
    This voluntary school contribution bullsh1t. I have no problem paying for my son's education.
    Our school is collecting this voluntary contribution under the cover of the music program, which is fine and I also have no problem with it.
    I completely forgot paying it at the start of the year, it kinda drowned in the galore of payments the school needs.

Now what does annoy me though is that the principal (she's doing a good job in fairness) rings me to remind me that I didn't pay it yet.
    I appreciate the reminder, you'll get the yo-yo's but isn't it a bit thick to "remind" people of a voluntary payment?!
    If the principal is taking time out from her many other duties to chase money, there is a good chance that she really, really needs it, possibly to pay the music teacher or to pay for instruments or whatever. If you can pay up, that will let her spend time on managing the education of your child, rather than debt collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Stressing about flights, dates, times, money, my passport, how I’m going to get down from Dublin Airport when I get back, blah blah blah. Coming home is too stressful, can I just stay here?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,692 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ran a competition for tickets to the match tomorrow. One of the Ts&Cs was that the winner had to be able to collect them. Picked a winner earlier, the following exchange ensues:

Me: Congratulations! You can collect the tickets any time before 5.30 or nominate someone to do it for you, just let me know their name.
    Them: Can you not just meet me at the stadium before the match tomorrow? I don't drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Ronaldinho

People turning right not moving up into the junction box before way is clear
    People on the road with no or $hitty lights - bonus points for scooters and hoverboards

Feel better already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Ran a competition for tickets to the match tomorrow. One of the Ts&Cs was that the winner had to be able to collect them. Picked a winner earlier, the following exchange ensues:

Me: Congratulations! You can collect the tickets any time before 5.30 or nominate someone to do it for you, just let me know their name.
    Them: Can you not just meet me at the stadium before the match tomorrow? I don't drive.

Shure if you could meet them at the stadium,im sure you would go tot he game yourself/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,843 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Found a pair of shoes at a good discount and my credit card was rejected. Reluctant to try again in case I get charged twice or two pairs of shoes #ffs

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭NSAman

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Stressing about flights, dates, times, money, my passport, how I’m going to get down from Dublin Airport when I get back, blah blah blah. Coming home is too stressful, can I just stay here?

Yep stay there.

Coming home its all arranged no one knows, only issue WILL IT SNOW!!!!

Hence booking three days before Christmas incase snowed on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Looking at the traffic heading to Dundrum this morning it was backed up on the M50 in the hard shoulder, I couldn't sit there in that, knowing all them in front were looking for parking spaces too, and then this afternoon all cars heading to Park in Carrickmines....whats up there for them Q's, :mad:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

^^^
    Black Friday, plus weekend traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Dial Hard wrote: »

You could have done a Pat Kenny!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Bitches Be Trypsin

Bawling my eyes out. Going to lose my house and looks like it's the end of a three year relationship :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭misstearheus

So thirsty but Kitchen is too far away.

So thirsty but Kitchen is too far away.

same. glued to bed.

Bawling my eyes out. Going to lose my house and looks like it's the end of a three year relationship :(

Whaat? Oh my god that's awful... Is it definite?

• Advertisement

northgirl wrote: »
    Whaat? Oh my god that's awful... Is it definite?

Pretty much, because it's his name on the lease :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭NSAman

Pretty much, because it's his name on the lease :(

Always be independent of any man... I say it ALL the time..

NSAman wrote: »
    Always be independent of any man... I say it ALL the time..

I'm independent of him, and I know I'll be ok. It's just I moved in with him, landlord didn't want to create new lease, so I just lived there "off the book".

Now I essentially have nowhere to live.

I'm independent of him, and I know I'll be ok. It's just I moved in with him, landlord didn't want to create new lease, so I just lived there "off the book".

Now I essentially have nowhere to live.

Can ye work it out so that you can stay for a bit albeit awkward til you find something?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

236700282131202.gif?r1024x1024

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Me: stresses about money and how much I’ll have left till I get paid next.
    Also me: thinks about spending €20 on a pair of jeans.

Why am I like this? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Online santa shopping with the missus steering the computer. Christ above.

Ah Trypsin I'm so sorry :(

I don't have a TA. I just saw your post and felt sad for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching Robin Hood at the cinema this evening. I really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

sorry, wrong thread!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement