Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

The martyr

My supervisor beside me shivering and sniffling all week

Told her not to come in but anyway I’m not a manager so nothing I can do

She claims she must come in as she has much to do and while that’s admirable we can manage fine

I bet the rest of the team are sick in a few days!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

No jury would convict you.

I suspect Leo would invite me to the office for tea and cake!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Other Dublin bus users :mad:

Wash for f*ck sake !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

That's a pain. Get it a lot myself trying to avoid getting them out the wee b*stards :( If you haven't tried it before try rubbing some periokin gel around it.

Wisdom teeth my hole, should be called pain in the arse teeth :p

Thank you for suggesting the periokin gel though, I've never heard of it so I will give it a go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Two buses vanished off the timetable this morning, ended up standing at the bus stop for 30 minutes longer than i should have which resulted in me being 20 minutes late :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,631 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I couldn’t wait to get home to inspect my purchase. I was expecting a fabulous pair of tan leather riding boots. They were beautiful, really great quality and they looked even better than they did online but unfortunately the left leg was size 6 and the right was an 8. I contacted the store but they have no more stock so I’m receiving a refund. Gutted

Could be worse. My sister bought boots in New York a couple of years ago and didn't check the box til we got home. Went to put them on only to to find two left feet...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

BBC are remaking Watership Down in time for Xmas but are toning down the violence.

FFS. The violence is a right of passage!
    If I suffered through its, kids nowadays should too!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36158310

• Registered Users Posts: 16,194 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Two buses vanished off the timetable this morning, ended up standing at the bus stop for 30 minutes longer than i should have which resulted in me being 20 minutes late :mad:

I got my bus and then a guy who could have been a stand double for Mongo in Breaking Saddles sat next to me. I know it's not his fault he's that big and he has to sit somewhere. It's just annoying that I had to sit next to Hodor for the journey.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I've 2 cats, one likes to be played with and will gently bite and claw you. The other if you touch it in the wrong place it will f*ck you up.

I got the 2 of them mixed up today, I wasn't really paying attention to the at I was messing with. My hand is cut to shreds from his claws, he certainly did f*ck me up.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I've 2 cats, one likes to be played with and will gently bite and claw you. The other if you touch it in the wrong place it will f*ck you up.

I got the 2 of them mixed up today, I wasn't really paying attention to the at I was messing with. My hand is cut to shreds from his claws, he certainly did f*ck me up.

I've often suggested the difference between a cat that will gentle play with you and the big f**k off toger that mauled Roy (of Siegfried and... fame) is, well, nothing!

Touch them in the wrong place (maaaaatron!) and they'll have you.

• Advertisement

Grayson wrote: »
    I got my bus and then a guy who could have been a stand double for Mongo in Breaking Saddles sat next to me. I know it's not his fault he's that big and he has to sit somewhere. It's just annoying that I had to sit next to Hodor for the journey.

Did you at least get his candygram ??? :D:D:D:D:D

I'll show myself out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭Bredabe

A slight blip at the end of shift ended in me having to tolerate a colleague inviting herself to my 'house' for the handover.
    It was the middle of the night, everyone who lives there was in bed, especially with the bad weather.
    So on the way to the kitchen for coffee, she spotted where the dog had poo'ed on the floor, I explained that the dog is terminally ill and has constant soft motions because of it and tonight with her in denial of his hearing loss daddy, she probably had no option but to poo there.
    1st she gets all squally about having poo within her sight instead of leaving the room to put the kettle on, then she harassed me to make sure I washed my hands after clearing the poo(of course I did), followed up by her demands that I clean the floor and have the dog put down if she is at that. This comment was rapidly followed by her telling me about her strong pro life convictions and the wonderful steak dinner she had on her birthday a few weeks previously.
    The lack of emotional cop on in some people in the caring professions is staggering to me, ta that its upset me so much that five hours later it still bothers me.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Bredabe wrote:
    A slight blip at the end of shift ended in me having to tolerate a colleague inviting herself to my 'house' for the handover. It was the middle of the night, everyone who lives there was in bed, especially with the bad weather. So on the way to the kitchen for coffee, she spotted where the dog had poo'ed on the floor, I explained that the dog is terminally ill and has constant soft motions because of it and tonight with her in denial of his hearing loss daddy, she probably had no option but to poo there. 1st she gets all squally about having poo within her sight instead of leaving the room to put the kettle on, then she harassed me to make sure I washed my hands after clearing the poo(of course I did), followed up by her demands that I clean the floor and have the dog put down if she is at that. This comment was rapidly followed by her telling me about her strong pro life convictions and the wonderful steak dinner she had on her birthday a few weeks previously. The lack of emotional cop on in some people in the caring professions is staggering to me, ta that its upset me so much that five hours later it still bothers me.

Don't mind her, it's her loss she doesn't know the absolute love and loyalty from a dog. I'm in the same position as yourself my gorgeous boy has bowel disease. It hasn't been explicitly said by the vet it's terminal so I'm just treating every day as a blessing and so far they are mostly good ones. I have found the huggies dry nights toddler bed sheets a god send. When I have to leave him I pop his bed into the utility room but I put them on the floor and clean up is a doddle. Feel free to PM me if you would like a recommendation of what I give for the extremely soft stools it's been a lifesaver. Big hugs to ye both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭TheBoyConor

Government ministers Eoghan Murphy, Simon Harris and Paschal Donoghue.

Did you ever see such a trio of handicap innocent boys in these three fools.
    Big gormless innocent heads on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭4Ad

Sore knee, cant run!
    It's cleared up lovely here in Clare and i'm itching to get out !
    And a 2nd head cold in a week..agh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

When you bang your kneecap of the cubicle door when exiting the toilet. Ya wee bastard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Cleopatra_

Being 30 and living at home, it's like my worst nightmare has come true. We have a room in the house that was the playroom when I was small, it's still called that even though it's basically a spare room with a couch now. So I told my mum that I've invited a friend over to watch a film in the playroom this evening. Now something about this just sounds very wrong here. Then again I could take the opportunity to show my friend my new toy :p

northgirl wrote: »
    Morons out there this morning.. Incredible amounts of surface water and some drivers without properly functioning lights... the basics one would have thought..

In a similar vein......Sh1tebags who look out the window and see that it's like a scene from "Twister" and think to themselves: "I know, I'll bring that flimsy €1.50 brolly that I bought in Dealz last winter and it'll keep me nice and dry".

No it won't, you self-absorbed knuckle-dragger. It's going to disintegrate in the first strong gust that happens. And you're going to pretend to do your bit by leaving it half in/out of the nearest bin. And then the wind will get hold of it again and start whipping it about at head height.

It was like Hitchcock's "The Birds" outside Connolly station this morning as abandoned, damaged black brollies were flying around tormenting the masses.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Cleopatra_ wrote: »
    Being 30 and living at home, it's like my worst nightmare has come true. We have a room in the house that was the playroom when I was small, it's still called that even though it's basically a spare room with a couch now. So I told my mum that I've invited a friend over to watch a film in the playroom this evening. Now something about this just sounds very wrong here. Then again I could take the opportunity to show my friend my new toy :p

Where's that spy cam again?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I was parked at the side of the road and indicating right to join the queue of traffic that was at a stand still beside me. The bltch behind me was doing that annoying edging up the arse of the car in front of her, god forbid there would be a minuscule amount of room for me to squeeze in. You’re alright love it’s a car I’m driving not a Rice Krispie. Anyway persistent as I am I managed to tuck myself in ahead of her, not before she blew the bejaysus out of her horn at me. At the next junction I stopped and let every single car that was waiting in the slip road out, must have been about twelve in total, just to plss off the gowl behind me. Yes I am a petty bltch but IDGAF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was parked at the side of the road and indicating right to join the queue of traffic that was at a stand still beside me. The bltch behind me was doing that annoying edging up the arse of the car in front of her, god forbid there would be a minuscule amount of room for me to squeeze in. You’re alright love it’s a car I’m driving not a Rice Krispie. Anyway persistent as I am I managed to tuck myself in ahead of her, not before she blew the bejaysus out of her horn at me. At the next junction I stopped and let every single car that was waiting in the slip road out, must have been about twelve in total, just to plss off the gowl behind me. Yes I am a petty bltch but IDGAF

Good for you. The lack of civility from some really annoys me. I've had people accelerate hard just to stop me moving into the lane they are in.

You're a petty bitch ? Why have you never been to my meetings ?!!!

I'm head PB, we meet Thursdays. Bring biscuits. And Barry's tae!

You're a petty bitch ? Why have you never been to my meetings ?!!!

I'm head PB, we meet Thursdays. Bring biscuits. And Barry's tae!

i was with you until you mentioned barrys tea.

i was with you until you mentioned barrys tea.

Then you can't come!!!!!!!

Then you can't come!!!!!!!

i can bring some Lyons tea bags? *runs*

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

i can bring some Lyons tea bags? *runs*

We'll have our own meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Sunday night blues.

From the greatest band you've never heard...

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    We'll have our own meeting.

I was beginning to think i was the only person around here with decent taste in tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

The muppet pedestrians out there this morning, when the car lights are green it does not mean you run across the road with the brolly blocking your view, you may not see the cars but they can still hit you, it's not a real Captain America shield.

Another muppet sees the cars stop and runs across to get the LUAS but the right run was still green and up comes the car to turn and hits the brakes went skating towards said muppet, missed him.

All lights went green and along comes twinkle toes right across the 3 lanes (one up, one right filter and opposite lane) on her bloody tippy toes, she made it across to LUAS.

Unfortunately the third one didn't, don't know how injured he/she was, ambulance and Gardaí were there anyway, Sandyford area bout 8.30 this morning, (hopefully ok)
    But crazy behaviour out there this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,129 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

People driving this morning at 10am in a storm with driving wind and rain and poor visablity with NO LIGHTS on . Morons

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement