Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Nearly impaled by the umbrella of a young one earlier not looking where she was going whilst on the phone.

Creeped out then later on by a weirdo who felt the need to ask a pretty girl standing minding her own business if she knew of somewhere good to get a hair cut. Asked her a couple times more, to the extent where she was backing away defensively, when he realised she didn't speak english. Yet I didn't see him ask anyone else the same question. What a chat up line!

What a chat up line!

Just an excuse to get them talking, before badgering them with all sorts of nonsense. Similar tactics as employed by scumbags over the years to engage people, suss them out and/or throw them off guard.

I've seen plenty of dirtballs use the "have ya got the time / any smokes bud / does the 69A stop here" as some sort of an icebreaker before robbing or fighting with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,463 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Nearly impaled by the umbrella of a young one earlier not looking where she was going whilst on the phone.

Creeped out then later on by a weirdo who felt the need to ask a pretty girl standing minding her own business if she knew of somewhere good to get a hair cut. Asked her a couple times more, to the extent where she was backing away defensively, when he realised she didn't speak english. Yet I didn't see him ask anyone else the same question. What a chat up line!

Presume you stotted the creep with a full blown industrial toe-cap into the bunch?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

Just an excuse to get them talking, before badgering them with all sorts of nonsense. Similar tactics as employed by scumbags over the years to engage people, suss them out and/or throw them off guard.

I've seen plenty of dirtballs use the "have ya got the time / any smokes bud / does the 69A stop here" as some sort of an icebreaker before robbing or fighting with someone.

Had a scumbag ask me for a lighter at the bus stop today, when I said no, he turned around and took out his own

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

From the greatest band you've never heard...

Unholy Soul LP. I bought it on the same day The Wedding Present played the SFX on the Seamonsters tour. 15/05/91.

• Advertisement

Recently the public health nurse told my mam she doesn't approve of dogs being in the house with my granny living there.

My gran is turning 100 soon. She's lived with dogs since she was a baby. But this woman thinks ONE HUNDRED YEARS later they are a danger to her health!!

She got an earful from my mam. The dogs give her great comfort. She has Alzheimer's and the dogs are fantastic company and affection and something for her to focus on that she doesnt have to make coherent conversation with.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Gender reveal parties.

There a thing now, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,463 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

I was parked at the side of the road and indicating right to join the queue of traffic that was at a stand still beside me. The bltch behind me was doing that annoying edging up the arse of the car in front of her, god forbid there would be a minuscule amount of room for me to squeeze in. You’re alright love it’s a car I’m driving not a Rice Krispie. Anyway persistent as I am I managed to tuck myself in ahead of her, not before she blew the bejaysus out of her horn at me. At the next junction I stopped and let every single car that was waiting in the slip road out, must have been about twelve in total, just to plss off the gowl behind me. Yes I am a petty bltch but IDGAF

TAed that we don't officially adopt alternate turn / zipper merging into our driving laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Gender reveal parties.

There a thing now, apparently.

Only on Reddit

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Peatys wrote: »
    Only on Reddit

Nope. GF's brother had one recently in real life.
    Another reason why i am so happy i live in another country than my in laws.
    Plane tickets are always very expensive around the time of that kind of events..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

inforfun wrote: »
    Nope. GF's brother had one recently in real life.
    Another reason why i am so happy i live in another country than my in laws.
    Plane tickets are always very expensive around the time of that kind of events..

Was it for a new kid, or did your gf's bro have a sex change?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yeah.... was struggling a bit with the description of who had that party.
    But obviously he didnt have a sexchange and it is his wife who is pregnant.
    Although nowadays, guys apparently are all of a sudden pregnant then as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Only discovering bird sh1t on the washing after it was on the line, in the tumble dryer and brought upstairs.

I am taking a probiotic and the instruction is to take it 30 mins before eating. I'm bloody starving waiting for it to be time to eat :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Absolute plonkers who dont make sure the lid of the recycling bin is secure in a storm .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

inforfun wrote: »
    Yeah.... was struggling a bit with the description of who had that party.
    But obviously he didnt have a sexchange and it is his wife who is pregnant.
    Although nowadays, guys apparently are all of a sudden pregnant then as well.

Someone in work had one, apparently the MO is you go for a scan, find out the sex of the kid - and don't open it.

Take it to a bakers who makes a cake with either pink or blue sponge and then you get everyone together and cut it.

The most pointless exercise EVER imo!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

TA'd at trying to open the tight sticky wrapping on CDs.

I know, I know, some of us do still buy them.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Customer: We want a new report, when can we have it?
    Us: What do you want in this report?
    Customer: We just want it by the end of the week, we have a deadline!
    Us: What do you want in the report, what are we reporting on, do you want numbers, pictures, charts?
    Customer: ENNDDDD oOOFFFfff ttthhHHHHEEEeeeWWWWeeeeeEEEEKKKKKK
    Sensible colleague of Customer: They need to know what is to be in the report
    Customer: It's the one that we need by the end of the week
    Sensible colleague of Customer: The one that needs X & Y?
    Customer: Yes
    Sensible colleague of Customer: What my colleague is looking for is this (well presented requirements)
    Customer: By the ENNDDDD oOOFFFfff ttthhHHHHEEEeeeWWWWeeeeeEEEEKKKKKK

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Put on a new perfume and I’m not really feeling it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

My boss. Management bull****. Worst combo since Boyzlife.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Stray satellite dish in my lawn. As if I don't have enough junk to get rid of. Probably just missed my car too.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,463 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Saw the first arsehole with a set of antlers on the car today.

Cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Cretin.

I enjoy most festive things but just NO!

And there will be eejits driving around with the remains of them in February.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Cretin.

And they'll be on along with the red noses til about June. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

TWAT at a busy petrol station at lunchtime parks at the last available petrol pump then goes straight into the shop and buys a coffee - no fuel purchase, whilst ignoring the parking spaces available elsewhere on the forecourt for non-fuel shoppers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,988 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Irish Independent: Timeline: When did public favour turn so dramatically against Meghan Markle?

Leaving aside the question of why this on an Irish newspaper website today: don'cha think it's a little hyperbolic? The lady is a go-getting Yank, a Type A personality, so it's unrealistic to expect there to be absolutely no friction between her and the rest of England. One positive headline and things will be back to "normal" again. :rolleyes:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 40,419 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

bnt wrote: »
    Irish Independent: Timeline: When did public favour turn so dramatically against Meghan Markle?

Leaving aside the question of why this on an Irish newspaper website today: don'cha think it's a little hyperbolic? The lady is a go-getting Yank, a Type A personality, so it's unrealistic to expect there to be absolutely no friction between her and the rest of England. One positive headline and things will be back to "normal" again. :rolleyes:

I didnt realise the public had turned against her. when did this happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,988 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I read that "timeline" and I'm still none-the-wiser. So someone gets their feathers ruffled and blabs to the press. It'll blow over.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

The Australian accent. Everything they say sounds like a question.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

I'd imagine when the newspapers ran out of things to write about . :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Parents letting there kids grown up gender neutral until they decide themselves , such a load of f*cking nonsense,
    If you left your kids with a pack of dogs it will grown up thinking its a f*king dog
    ,its your duty to teach your children you gobsh*tes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement