Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Pre night out jitters. How silly to be anxious about something fun...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

northgirl wrote: »
    Pre night out jitters. How silly to be anxious about something fun...

Happens me all the time, major ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

dubstarr wrote: »
    Me too,its a pain when you are crossing at the green man and some sap flies through it.Like it doesnt apply to them:mad::mad:

On another note,cyclists who dont know whether they are cycling or walking.Trying to cross at the lights to day.Your one cycles up[its a narrow island]gets off/Green man comes up and off she cycles.She took up the whole space

Also, cyclists who don’t obey traffic lights and keep flying through when you’re crossing with the green man. Happened me a few times now recently

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Also, cyclists who don’t obey traffic lights and keep flying through when you’re crossing with the green man. Happened me a few times now recently

The next one that does it s going ot get accidently on purpose knocked off the bike.

Im trying to teach my kids to cross safely and them flying by,not a care in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 DaverageJoe

Cashiers having a little chat with people after they pay. I know it's only a minute but I'm standing there for those 60 seconds like a goon waiting for them to finish talking about the ****ing weather so I can buy my stuff and go on about my life.

Chat while you work you time wasting bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Kickboxing training is hard when your nearly 39, slow fat and unfit, then some little punk gives you a bloody nose!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,104 ✭✭✭Bredabe

TA that I cant buy vouchers for B&Q/Argos and the like on-line.:eek:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

So when you sleep for 4 hours during the day you are then not tired at night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭La.de.da

Not really trivial but Brexit. I'm sick to the teeth of hearing about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Why do seats in airports have to be so bloody uncomfortable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

storker wrote: »
    History programmes where the narration is all in the present tense.

It’s possible to tell if a documentary will be no good within 5 seconds

If the music and speech is normal hey this could be good, we will give it a chance

If a booming voiceover comes on with music thst would lift you out of your seat it’s American and gonna be useless.

Let’s have a flyover of the Palace of Versailles and scare the bejaysus out of our viewer with loud music said the producer :rolleyes: American, always American. They must reckon this is how you catch a viewers attention

Threw up last night with anxiety last night. Hoping today won't be too stressful at the office but it already seems to be..:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Is it a black tie/evening gown and cocktails party NG?

Don't worry you'll have a great time

Seven Worlds will Collide

Is it a black tie/evening gown and cocktails party NG?

Don't worry you'll have a great time

No, it's in a pub. But a few of the girls are getting glammed up. I am majorly crushing on you know who so I'm extra nervous :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Picking up another dog turd from my driveway. I long for the day when I can catch the person allowing their dog to do this. They will get it back wrapped in Christmas paper.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Why do seats in airports have to be so bloody uncomfortable?

So people don't sleep there :)

My coffee machine thing isn't making my coffee hot enough.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My cat is being a pr*ck, his face is at the window on the door me-owing to get in.
    Every time I open the door, he just turns around and walks off.
    Pr*ck.

I am majorly crushing on you know who so I'm extra nervous :o

Ah yea I may have been the same myself many many moons ago.

Ah yea I may have been the same myself many many moons ago.

But was it the boss... :rolleyes:

Just go and enjoy yourself regardless ok

• Advertisement

Just go and enjoy yourself regardless ok

I will!!!!!!!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,698 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dog chewed up my 20-year-old copy of Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone last night. I'm still upset over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

No, it's in a pub. But a few of the girls are getting glammed up. I am majorly crushing on you know who so I'm extra nervous :o

Have fun, and try not to be too nervous! Whatever happens, happens ;)

Fcuking rain and wind... enough! Be cold and crisp FTLOG!!!!!

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Have fun, and try not to be too nervous! Whatever happens, happens ;)

Thanks Kitty. I know, I'll probably be trying to avoid him more than anything :pac:

He might walk me home which would be good so we can have a chat. Until that's happened, nothing's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My work contract ends in March so I started applying for new jobs in late November.

A recruiter rang me last Thursday. A proper recruiter and not an agency, he works in HR and this is what he does

It was 4:45 and I had my supervisor hounding me for deliverables so I ran to the corridor with my mobile and asked can he call back tomorrow. I admit I might have been less than super friendly but I did ask nicely and I was out of my mind with pressure. Just the worst possible time of the day to call. He ended the call quick and promised to email me and call me tomorrow

Zero, zilch, nothing. I called him Friday, Monday and Wednesday but never got further than his voicemail. I tried his landline and also the mobile he contacted me on

Why did ya call me in the first place so?? False hope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

People who hold the door open for you when you're 30 f*$king feet away forcing you to either sprint so you don't delay them after their wonderfull kindness or walk at your natural pace and look like a d1ck.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ah... that "magical" distance where you make someone run when you hold the door and look like a dick when you just let the door go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    Almost got run over AGAIN today by another stupid c0ck-eyed driver. A car stopped at a crossing to let me pass and when I was in the middle of the crossing a red car driven by a woman with glasses came speeding through. Thankfully I had a feeling she wasn't going to stop so I stopped in the middle of the crossing at the last second. The person in the car that had actually stopped beeped their horn madly at her but the b1tch just stared straight ahead and pretended not to notice.

This is the umpteenth time this has happened at this particular crossing, I'm not going to use it anymore. Contacting the council to set up a camera there would probably be fruitless but I'm tempted. I'm raging I didn't note the licence plate number of the car.

Ask the council to put a pelican crossing there instead of a zebra crossing.

So many people either don't see normal crossings or even worse, just ignore them.

This links in nicely to one of my major TAs: the amount of people with full driving licences who should never, ever be behind a wheel. It seems for many that once they have passed the test, they willfully ignore all rules of the road and have a complete lack of common-sense, courtesy, judgement, anticipation and awareness of what's happening around them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Major TA: I ordered two limited-edition books online. I know they wouldn't have fit in the letterbox, so I left a very visible blue plastic bag folded by the letterbox itself, with a very legible, very visible sticker on it that reads "For parcels. Thanks."

The post here gets delivered quite late in the day, but yesterday I saw the postman go by and he didn't stop, I had no mail at all. This morning I looked out around half six, and what do I see by the front gate? My parcel (cardboard) lying on the ground in the damp. The plastic bag is still where I left it. So, either the postman is a complete idiot and doesn't give a damn, or he tried to catch up on lost time and overdue deliveries before today's shift, or the postman is an idiot and he delivered my parcel elsewhere and someone was kind enough to drop it off on the way to work - still, the plastic bag...

I opened the damp cardboard packaging as soon as I got into the house, and the books were damp and freezing, and the covers immediately fogged up. It's a miracle they weren't actually damaged. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement