Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Boom_Bap wrote:
    F*cking tune though.

I had it on the playlist for when my wife was giving birth to our daughter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

Drama bananas.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I had it on the playlist for when my wife was giving birth to our daughter :D

Very apt song given the situation :D

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

Teenage daughter being a teenager (emotional, self-centred, pushing the boundaries by being obnoxious to her parents etc).

Also, how much I'm letting it get to me - this is how it'll be for a while, I have to learn how to let it slide and not sweat the small stuff, but here I am in work still discombobulated after a relatively small altercation 3 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

The amount of effort it takes to not sh1tpost about Elf on the Shelf in the various threads dedicated to it...

Why anyone would bring that creepy stress-fest into their routine is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It would almost be a cute idea if the puppet itself wasn't so sinister and creepy-looking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Being broke

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

Teenage daughter being a teenager (emotional, self-centred, pushing the boundaries by being obnoxious to her parents etc).

Also, how much I'm letting it get to me - this is how it'll be for a while, I have to learn how to let it slide and not sweat the small stuff, but here I am in work still discombobluted after a relatively small altercation 3 hours ago.

My sister was absolutely awful to our parents for about 3 years as a teenager, then changed back to the kind, loving girl she'd always been. My own daughter gave me sleepless nights for a few years too (though not as bad as my sister had been).

Both of them were brilliant before and after their teenage years, so take heart, teenage daughters DO get over this stage :)

My TA: It's 10 years since my daughter was a teenager and I feel old just thinking about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Try_harder wrote: »
    same Grrr

It’s so fcuking typical like :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Going for dinner later so was checking out the menu. There's a "Dinner Set Menu" (A) and a "Christmas Dinner Set Menu" (B)...not sure will we be given the option to use the first one.
    Both contain 90% of the same stuff. The Christmas one has a few extra seasonal choices.

Menu A is 49 a head
    Menu B is 55 a head
    Even though you could get the exact same 3 courses

Menu A has a rib eye with a 5 euro supplemental charge
    Menu B has an identical rib eye with a 10 euro supplemental charge

Extra charges for Christmas!

Maybe I belong in the stingyness thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Going for dinner later so was checking out the menu. There's a "Dinner Set Menu" (A) and a "Christmas Dinner Set Menu" (B)...not sure will we be given the option to use the first one.
    Both contain 90% of the same stuff. The Christmas one has a few extra seasonal choices.

Menu A is 49 a head
    Menu B is 55 a head
    Even though you could get the exact same 3 courses

Menu A has a rib eye with a 5 euro supplemental charge
    Menu B has an identical rib eye with a 10 euro supplemental charge

Extra charges for Christmas!

Maybe I belong in the stingyness thread

well that makes absolutely no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,911 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Phone calls that go as follows - hi , how are you , are you busy ?
    Can you bring me to the shop / vets / charity shop for a look around ?
    People think I sit on my ass all day doing jack **** and can run and jump when it suits them to go to the above mentioned places ..

And breathe... better now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've to bring the elderly uncle out visiting later. I don't want to leave my cosy house. I'm his carer, and it's my duty, and it will make him happy, and I like the people he's visiting, but still.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭von Smallhausen

New Home wrote: »
    It would almost be a cute idea if the puppet itself wasn't so sinister and creepy-looking

Not as creepy as this bleedin' thing!!
    attachment.php?attachmentid=468471

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Who in their right mind would think that's a good idea??

It creeps me the fcuk out...I swear it's staring at me...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Alcohol free mulled wine. Like what’s the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Posts like these on AMA threads:
    I don't have a question, I just want to say thank you for all the stuff you've done.

The things you've done are great and I want to thank you for them.

I am a grateful and thankful person, probably because I'm so conscientious and thoughtful, and I just wanted to stop by to say that I am thankful and grateful to you in particular.

You are a wonderful, brilliant human being, akin to a saint, and I think I might actually be in love with you. So, thanks.
    I'm all for showing thanks where it's due, but call me a cynic... it's like a template, and there's always one. Every time. Like clockwork.

Edit: I mean, look at this madness. So many people who don't have a question...

ahahsd.png

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Biting into a wrap and there is some surprise cucumber in it.

Alcohol free mulled wine. Like what’s the point?

I'd love some, tbf. All the flavour (I'd hope) and none of the hangover.

• Advertisement

As for that creepy elf, any of these would be a marked improvement.

401810902fd9e35f3e11f1e68270e121.jpg
    cutechristmaselves_package-7-.jpg?1446071982&
    cute-christmas-elves-clip-art-car-pictures-PmBw36-clipart.png
    large_girl-elf-50-cents.png

Heck, even this handmade one us better!
    maxresdefault.jpg

Danny_B wrote: »

It is staring at you. It told me it was.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Ewwww :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,090 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

New Home wrote: »
    I'd love some, tbf. All the flavour (I'd hope) and none of the hangover.
    Noooooooooo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

Boom_Bap wrote: »

Yes, yes yes. I seem to be surrounded by people who think cucumber tastes like water and doesn't smell. I have an absolutely sh1t sense of smell but I can smell and taste a vile cucumber a mile away. Nothing worse than biting into a sneaky left over one in a McDonald's wrap, there's always three of the bastards and the last one catches me out.

Danny_B wrote: »

It is staring at you.  It told me it was.
    I knew it!! Staring at me with it's cold dead eyes!! :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When a ****e singer covers one of your favourite songs. (Brezzie on the radio whaling along to Only You by Yazoo, I’m looking at you)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

My back windscreen defroster is broke...:(

When a ****e singer covers one of your favourite songs. (Brezzie on the radio whaling along to Only You by Yazoo, I’m looking at you)

*makes sign of the cross*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People writing Christmas as Xmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement