Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Credit Card Callback service

Options
  • 04-10-2018 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

So I'm trying to sort out my credit card limit for going away next month, gave Bank of Ireland credit card support a call on Friday and they seemed helpful. They were so busy the operator said she will sort out a call back for Tuesday at 3.30 onwards.

Come Tuesday and no phone call ???? I was thinking maybe they are busy. So today (Thursday) I get a random phone call at 10.25 to follow up the call back but unfortunately I was in a meeting and had to set up another call back for 12.30.

So 12.30 came and no phone call again after taking an early break to take the call. Heartbroken at this point and going crazy with the waiting I rang back Bank of Ireland at 3 o clock and I was on hold for 20 minutes.

The operator answered and literally said I cant do anything but will put another note on the file requesting a call back for Friday. At this point I had enough and drove to my local branch and after getting there I was waiting around for the floating 'customer service' which basically told me we can't do anything you will need to call the credit card team.

So overall the call back service is just plain awful and a waste of time. I understand phone agents get backed up but it is just bad customer support when you provide the call back service and it doesn't work properly.

Is there a phone number or email to make an official complaint to Bank of Ireland as the service is rubbish and it needs serious attention? Plus I'm still waiting on a callback !!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Coneire wrote: »
    So I'm trying to sort out my credit card limit for going away next month, gave Bank of Ireland credit card support a call on Friday and they seemed helpful. They were so busy the operator said she will sort out a call back for Tuesday at 3.30 onwards.

Come Tuesday and no phone call ????  I was thinking maybe they are busy. So today (Thursday) I get a random phone call at 10.25 to follow up the call back but unfortunately I was in a meeting and had to set up another call back for 12.30.

So 12.30 came and no phone call again after taking an early break to take the call. Heartbroken at this point and going crazy with the waiting I rang back Bank of Ireland at 3 o clock and I was on hold for 20 minutes.

The operator answered and literally said I cant do anything but will put another note on the file requesting  a call back for Friday. At this point I had enough and drove to my local branch and after getting there I was waiting around for the floating 'customer service' which basically told me we can't do anything you will need to call the credit card team.

So overall the call back service is just plain awful and a waste of time. I understand phone agents get backed up but it is just bad customer support when you provide the call back service and it doesn't work properly.

Is there a phone number or email to make an official complaint to Bank of Ireland as the service is rubbish and it needs serious attention? Plus I'm still waiting on a callback !!!

Hi Coneire,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here and for the feedback.
    I'm very sorry that you're unhappy with the service that you have received. Can I ask you to send us a Private message to us here (there should be a link below this post that you can use to do this) and I'll look into this for you straight away.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Coneire

Thanks for the help.

Darren,

I tried to send you a pm but I keep getting an error saying you are unable to receive pm. Am I missing the link or something. Will try on a desktop later and see does it work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Just checked the PM's Coneire and have received yours.

We've sent you a reply :) 

Many Thanks
    Alison

Just seen it there. The reply is tough to find on the mobile site.

• Advertisement
Advertisement