Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Block insurance for private residence

Options
  • 04-10-2018 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭

I'm considering putting an offer on a property, with a bit of trepidation... It is an apartment, in a development of two apartments. There is a maintenance fee which is divided in two and only covers block insurance. I presume that it doesn't cover upkeep, painting, roofing, windows and doors or servicing of the garage door...

1. What exactly does block insurance cover?
    2. What kind of questions do I need to ask in terms of my fanancial responsibility to the building?

It is awkward, because the external facade of the property is split vertically, and looks like one building beside the other, but internally it is split horizontally, with one apartment above the other...

Advertisement