Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I talk to someone about my bill?

Options
  • 05-10-2018 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I switched to Vodafone for broadband recently and due to not liking surprises I cancelled the Direct Debit.

The latest bill visible on Myeir is usage up to 02/09/18 (actually, why is the rental period different ?!? this is surely an anachronism) for €52.99. However, the total due is €124.43. What is this difference made up of. Even if charged a full month extra it would only come to €105.98*.

Sorry, going to be awkward, I'll need an actual invoice to see what I'm being charged before paying.

Also, I tried to talk to someone through 1901, but I need to have the last 4 digits of my Eir telephone number to do this as the account number is not sufficient to proceed. Surely ye know that a substantial number of people don't bother with this landline, what with it being the 21st century. I've no idea what this number is as I will never use a landline again. I then tried to talk to someone else and was told the wait time was 20 minutes. I'm not going to wait 20 minutes to help sort out your issues.

Can you let me know what I need to PM to get a physical copy of the outstanding invoice issued to our home address.

Thanks

*btw, this lack of trust/transparency is the reason people cancel DDs in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hello,

I switched to Vodafone for broadband recently and due to not liking surprises I cancelled the Direct Debit.

The latest bill visible on Myeir is usage up to 02/09/18 (actually, why is the rental period different ?!? this is surely an anachronism) for €52.99. However, the total due is €124.43. What is this difference made up of. Even if charged a full month extra it would only come to €105.98*.

Sorry, going to be awkward, I'll need an actual invoice to see what I'm being charged before paying.

Also, I tried to talk to someone through 1901, but I need to have the last 4 digits of my Eir telephone number to do this as the account number is not sufficient to proceed. Surely ye know that a substantial number of people don't bother with this landline, what with it being the 21st century. I've no idea what this number is as I will never use a landline again. I then tried to talk to someone else and was told the wait time was 20 minutes. I'm not going to wait 20 minutes to help sort out your issues.

Can you let me know what I need to PM to get a physical copy of the outstanding invoice issued to our home address.

Thanks

*btw, this lack of trust/transparency is the reason people cancel DDs in advance.
    Hi Avatar MIA, 

You can view copies of your bills through the my eir facility by clicking on 'my bills', this shows you a PDF version of it. This bill will also state your landline number and the my eir facility does also under 'my profile'. 

You are charged in advance for your package so if this is the first or last bill you will receive a different amount according to when you activated or closed it down. When you access the bill through my eir it will advise you on all and dates for services and packages.  

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement