Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subbing and moving up the scale

Options
  • 05-10-2018 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Asked and answered! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

kiwikid wrote: »
    Hi folks - I hope you can help me with some advice about how substitute teachers can move from point 1 to point 2 on the salary scale. (Primary). All the examples that I can find apply to people in full-time or permanent employment

last two years I was subbing and covered a maternity and did my probation so and have a nice number of hours accumulated. This year I have landed a maternity cover again and I would like to understand what point i will be for eligible for. what I’ve been told I would have to push the education Council for the right point I just don’t know what that is exactly

Sorry for the long winded post, and thanks in advance!

Not sure about primary but for post primary, you move up the scale for every 600 hours you work. Did you have a look at the INTO website?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭kiwikid

The ASTIis great for subbing calculations , but this is for primary, all the calcsare for full time and I can’t see any for casual subbing,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭mtoutlemonde

kiwikid wrote: »
    The ASTIis great for subbing calculations , but this is for primary, all the calcsare for full time and I can’t see any for casual subbing,

Since 20 December 2001, one increment is awarded for each 183 days service given by qualified substitute teachers

Source: https://www.into.ie/ROI/InfoforTeachers/Staffing/AppointmentofSubstituteTeachers/

Advertisement