Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough Cost of whole heating system

Options
  • 05-10-2018 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We are looking at houses to buy.

We have seen one we really like, it needs a lot of work but the are is great!

Basically, the house has no heating in it at all, all plug in heating.

It’s a 3 bed terraced house, we were thinking of getting gas installed in, as there is a mains gas outside and all houses in area have gas bar this one!

Quick question, roughly what sort of money would it cost to get gas in and a while heating system installed? Just so we know what we are getting ourselves into before we start bidding etc.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Allow 10k considering simple rad system, boiler, hw tank to kitchen/bathroom, new attic water tank

‘Making good’ to floors, ceilings, walls may be extra

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

I'd agree with that.
    Also gas networks will charge for hooking you up.
    Not sure how much they charge (it will depend on distances etc) - maybe allow 1 or 2k(to be sure) for this (or better still give them a call).
    I had a meter moved about 3 feet in my front garden and it was ~500 euros - so start from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah I was unsure about figures, estate agent was suggesting €6k but I was thinking it appeared very low and was feeling closer to €10k.

Thanks for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Carrickbeg

Gas connection is 249euro up to 15metres.

Advertisement