Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Mandalorian

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Is there something different about Mando’s armour to that of other Mandolorian’s and his own previous set?

It's beskar, which I think is supposed to be an extremely strong and rare metal that's held in high regards in Mandalorian culture. That's why it was such a big deal for him to get it in Episode 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Tony EH wrote: »
    It's beskar, which I think is supposed to be an extremely strong and rare metal that's held in high regards in Mandalorian culture. That's why it was such a big deal for him to get it in Episode 1.

Yes but isn’t all Mando armour made of Beskar? Although clearly not every Mando has blaster proof armour.

It is not as far as I recall stated in the show that beskar is a rare metal - the problem is that the Empire stole what was on Mandolore. And I assume something is preventing access to the location where it can be mined.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,905 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Yes but isn’t all Mando armour made of Beskar?

No. I don't think it is.

There are probably bits and pieces that are on some other Mandalorians. But I'm not sure if they all walk around with a full set. Hence why the shipment of beskar ingots was a significant prize for the Mandalorian. It meant he could replace his knocked together suit of armour for a full beskar one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

Tony EH wrote: »
    No. I don't think it is.

There are probably bits and pieces that are on some other Mandalorians. But I'm not sure if they all walk around with a full set. Hence why the shipment of beskar ingots was a significant prize for the Mandalorian. It meant he could replace his knocked together suit of armour for a full beskar one.

That does make sense.

I had assumed the armour we see on Mando’s in season one was either beskar armour hadn’t down or owned by each pre-Empire. I knew the beskar was a big deal but thought it minute because there Empire had a stranglehold on the supply but not the knowledge to mould it.

I had assumed that beskar armour offered a high level of protection but it until season two I had not thought of it as invincible.

I much prefer that not all armour is beskar. All Mandos being that protected by armour is less fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,622 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I think you're both right, his beskar curias that he starts off with looked like it was teenager-sized and it was beskar-laminated, that is it has this finnicky fidgety shield/structural-integrity engineering but only the front millimeter or few is actually beskar, until he gets his new full curias, sans the left leg.

This take is being shared online and I think it's quite interesting. Mayfield stole the scene many times over so I never noticed this on many repeat watches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,302 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Is it me or did this episode and possibly the rest of the season feel like a fetch quest from an RPG?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well.. they even made sure to remind us that he just finished a quest 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Niska

Nope, not just you.

While the McGuffin is a staple of TV and movies, it's not looking to be handled in a good way in the season three opener. Felt mechanically going through the paces rather than developing a plot or character.

Hopefully just a blip and rest of the season is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭thomas 123

I thought the ending was pretty good - cool scene, reminded me of EP II when jango and Obi Wan had it out.

• Advertisement

Heads up from watching a Grace Randolph breakdown of episode one. While she doesn't have the best experience or knowledge of the Star Wars universe, she was able to say it might be worth watching episode two sooner rather than later. Also that it's a 42 minute episode. I think episode one was about 35 mins.

Don't think I'll be able to watch it all that early but heads up for the Star Wars board crew anyway 🙂

Definitely felt a step up this week. I was well on-board for this quest!

Advertisement