Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equaliser account in Credit; what will happen when switching away from EI?

Options
  • 05-10-2018 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am on Electric Ireland Dual Saver, with Equaliser.
    I pay via Direct Debit
    As a result my account is in credit.

I am now switching away from EI to take advantage fo switching discounts from another supplier.

As I understand it, the new supplier will automatically cancel my EI accounts, and switch me over to their billing services.
    Can you confirm if the balance of the account will be refunded automatically to my bank account when the switch occurs, or is any action required form my side to request this?

Thanks
    Davy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi Davy,

Thank you for getting in touch.

When your switch is completed, the message will be sent to Electric Ireland, which will issue your closing bills for usage up to your switching date and the meter-readings you submitted to switch.

Credit on your accounts will cover these final bills. For any remaining credit, it is necessary to request a refund. Just private message us for this here on Boards.ie if you wish (we are online until 6pm Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays). We will require any of the Electric Ireland account numbers, a sentence from you stating that you were the account-holder, and confirmation of your name, address and date of birth. We can then send a request to the relevant department to refund the credit to you.

We hope you return to Electric Ireland in the future to avail of our new customer offers.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,
    Una

Advertisement