Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying RAM from a walk in shop

Options
  • 05-10-2018 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Hello,

I need to pick up the following RAM tomorrow from a shop in Dublin.

Can anyone recommend a shop that might supply Kingston RAM

KCP426NS8/8

Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It doesn't have to be the same exact ram. As long as it's the same type eg DDR4 non-ECC it'll work, but obviously ideally you'd want it at the same speed, i.e a 2400mhz and 2666mhz stick together will default to 2400mhz.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

Anywhere else?, a little nearer city center?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭HugoMyBoss

It doesn't have to be the same exact ram. As long as it's the same type eg DDR4 non-ECC it'll work, but obviously ideally you'd want it at the same speed, i.e a 2400mhz and 2666mhz stick together will default to 2400mhz.

Thanks for the advice, can you recommend a shop near city center?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if it doesn't have to be new memory then you could try CEX, there are I think 3 in the city centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'd also recommend checking Adverts.ie for any sellers in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Skerries wrote: »
    if it doesn't have to be new memory then you could try CEX, there are I think 3 in the city centre

Only downside is they don't test RAM at all and often you'll get faulty ram/ECC ram...not too bad if your local place is nearby but a massive pain if you've traveled or made effort to get there.

Advertisement