Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the call centre closed permanently

Options
  • 05-10-2018 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

As above

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'd say it's open but seriously understaffed at the moment because of changes that are being made. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eir-to-insource-950-jobs-after-it-ends-call-centre-contract-1.3625758

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

tuxy wrote: »
    I'd say it's open but seriously understaffed at the moment because of changes that are being made. 

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eir-to-insource-950-jobs-after-it-ends-call-centre-contract-1.3625758
    Thanks very much for that link, great reading.

I'm glad to read that there will be a lot of new staff, who I'm hoping eir will train properly. Eir needed a clean out big time. I said it before and I'll say it again, I think they pulled the staff from the call centres' staff off the streets and just gave them jobs. In all honesty they don't have any clue what they are doing whatsoever. I tried to get a mobile number that I had for years ported over from an eir pay as you go to an eir bill pay and they lost my number into lala land. The hassle involved was unreal and from what you read on these threads, sigh!

According to the article, the current staff will be given the option to move from Dublin to elsewhere or take redundancy, they won't move out of their comfort zone so we'll be rid of them. It's only 12.07pm but I'm tempted to have a celebratory tipple.

Again, thanks for the link. :)

Advertisement