Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I used BOI ATM to withdraw cash but forgot to take the money. I am a PTSB customer.

Options
  • 05-10-2018 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I used BOI ATM to withdraw cash but forgot to take the money.  I am a PTSB customer.  I have tried to call the bank but there doesn't appear to be an option to talk to them 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭ACADasltiv

Did you call the number for current accounts here?

If someone else took the money you're screwed unfortunately. Happened to my mam before.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

ACADasltiv wrote: »
    Did you call the number for current accounts here?

If someone else took the money you're screwed unfortunately. Happened to my mam before.
    I have spoken to  both banks so it's now a question of wait and see 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

If someone took the money, banks will tell you to report the theft to guards and they will release the CCTV footage to them but they will likely not be able to help you in the end. If no one took it the ATM takes the cash back and that would show up on the report the bank should get from it daily and they issue a refund. Can take 5 working days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

I used BOI ATM to withdraw cash but forgot to take the money.  I am a PTSB customer.  I have tried to call the bank but there doesn't appear to be an option to talk to them 

Hi there,
    Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    The money should automatically be taken back into the machine within 30 to 40 seconds. When this happens the money would be credited bank to your account once the machine processes the payments (your account holding branch should be able to give you a time frame on this generally it wouldn't be more than five working days). If the payment doesn't come back to your account once the time frame has passed I'd ask you to contact your account holding bank and they'll then be able to request that the machine is manually checked for this amount.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Advertisement