Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It Takes a Village 2019

Options
  • 05-10-2018 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I was going to wait until first announcements - but a notice has just come up on the ITAV Facebook site - so first announcement will be made next Monday. Ooooh I'm getting excited - so just copied/pasted below. :D J (Below their words not mine)

Hello you lovely Spring chickens! �� Going to hit ye with something fun on Monday morning, just to get you in the mood like.. Getting all riled up we are!! #ITAV19 early bird catches the worm tickets on sale now from uticket.ie/event/it-takes-a-village-2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Looks good.
    A bit later in the year next year. It has April 13th - 15th for 2018, but will be May 10th - 13th 2019.

https://uticket.ie/event/it-takes-a-village-2019 Tier 1 Early bird ended a few weeks after the gig it seems.

I'll be keeping an eye on Monday for sure :)
    Click map for larger.
    13QRqMn.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Hey Suckit - I'm ridiculously excited - to me it was all about De Vibe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

would have liked to go this year but couldn't get the numbers.

can you bring your own booze to the stages?

Hey Ghostdancer - I'll check that with my friends - as I did most of my drinking in the house at dinner / lunch (not breakfast) so I was on coffees when in square - or just got drinks in the bars because the areas where stages are have proper bars in them so it's all easy.

But I'll ask them - as I can't remember if others brought their own cans to the main square - we were a group of girls doing everything the easy way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Never thought about the freeflow, now that the new nanny state law will be in effect regarding minimum pricing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Could I ask about the rooms in the houses? A lot of them seem to have double beds but is there any option for twin beds?

Could I ask about the rooms in the houses? A lot of them seem to have double beds but is there any option for twin beds?

Hi Johnny - I shared a 3 bedroomed house with friends - there was a double room, I think the second room was a double and single but the third room had 3 single beds in it.

Different houses would have different bedding - so it would be worth checking up with Trabolgan directly - which houses have "twin" rooms - as the type of houses have different names.

Today's info - is a clipping from 2018 to give people an idea of what happened - so I don't think they are doing any announcements as such today - this is the "teaser" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

From the ticket page: "This is a residents only, self catering event. That means you can bring your own food and drink with you for the weekend but just like other festivals you can't bring your own into the main area."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

ewj1978 wrote: »
    From the ticket page: "This is a residents only, self catering event. That means you can bring your own food and drink with you for the weekend but just like other festivals you can't bring your own into the main area."

Hmm, not every other festival thou, increasingly free flow policy is being introduced to Irish festivals

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭ewj1978

B&S and ATN have free flow. Not sure if ATN will have it next year.
    To be sure EP definitely isn't.

Actually quite interested in this. Stack the gaff with food and booze. Stroll about, swim, walk, chat, dance. When hungry back to home cooked food and big comfy beds for half the price of EP+PM.

• Advertisement

ewj1978 wrote: »
    B&S and ATN have free flow. Not sure if ATN will have it next year.
    To be sure EP definitely isn't.

Actually quite interested in this. Stack the gaff with food and booze. Stroll about, swim, walk, chat, dance. When hungry back to home cooked food and big comfy beds for half the price of EP+PM.

Sooooooo right - and we made life even easier - one of us made a big pot of meatballs and the other a curry. So we brought with us and just had to heat up. Best of all was waking up on Sunday to the smell of a fry up as one of my mates had woken up earlier and started the cooking - now that's true Rock'n'Roll - lining the stomach for the day :D

Advertisement