Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETB School Interview

• 05-10-2018 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

So I finally have an interview coming up. Delighted but very nervous. It's for an ETB school. I've never interviewed or worked in one of these before despite working in a lot of schools the last few years.

Are these interviews different? I've gone over the usual questions such as classroom management, differentiation, technology ect.....

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

I interviewed for one recently though it was in the area of adult- further education.
    They asked me about discipline, differentiation, how I would work with colleagues, planning lessons and the contribution I could make to extra curricular/ out of class activities.

There are usually a few people on the interview panel, don't let this phase you, just something to be aware of.
    I would also advise looking at the school website to get a better understanding of the school.

Hopefully others on here can advise you further.
    Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Eimee90

Blaizes wrote: »
    I interviewed for one recently though it was in the area of adult- further education.
    They asked me about discipline, differentiation, how I would work with colleagues, planning lessons and the contribution I could make to extra curricular/ out of class activities.

There are usually a few people on the interview panel, don't let this phase you, just something to be aware of.
    I would also advise looking at the school website to get a better understanding of the school.

Hopefully others on here can advise you further.
    Good luck.

Thank you, I'm so nervous. I've written out and practiced over 100 questions no lie, but feel very panicked when answering the questions when practicing, I forget everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

Eimee90 wrote: »
    Thank you, I'm so nervous. I've written out and practiced over 100 questions no lie, but feel very panicked when answering the questions when practicing, I forget everything.

Wow you are well prepared fair play to you! One hundred questions is a lot though.Can you narrow it down a little to different areas as you mentioned in your original post.

Blaizes wrote: »
    Wow you are well prepared fair play to you! One hundred questions is a lot though.Can you narrow it down a little to different areas as you mentioned in your original post.

I know I've too much, I think my fear is being caught out on a question, the way it's phrased ect....I've completely overthinking it of course:D

Interview went great yesterday but haven’t heard anything. Can I presume it’s gone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ethical

It is the ETB afterall!
    Hopefully you will hear soon enough but best be aware that some ETBs have the same interview panel who turn up time after time and some of the panel have a preference for a certain type of person.Was the Panel Geriatric in composition? Did one man have a name in in top pocket already? They have a lovely little gravy train going on there and not one of them cares about anything other than lining their own pockets!
    The amount of money spent on useless,pointless interviews is shameful.Its like the Russian elections,the results are known before the interview is done.
    I expect some sympathiser of ETB will come on here now and call me all sorts of things and will not acknowledge that there is quite a lot of truth in what I say.......but then again if you are sticking your snout into the trough and getting lovely expenses for a corrupt job you will not want to upset anyone ,closed shop,nepotism,aegism..........Do not bother appealing the outcome as they (etb) will go a step further and get a legal eagle to sit in on the appeal and say nothing other than collect his money,do not be surprised either if there is a teaching union rep sitting in on any appeal(totally fcukin useless also.........and just there to pick up expenses). When a TD tried to find out some of the things that go on in ETBs he wasnt given much support...........and here we are supposedly using taxpayers money but impossible to stop the rot!

Advertisement