Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calling Eir 1905 - 30+ minute wait time?

• 05-10-2018 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anybody please clarify why it is so difficult to get through to bill pay support?

My contract expires in 5 days and I need to make a change to my contract. Who can assist me? I cannot wait over 30mins for customer care.

This level of support is extremely poor. 

Can somebody please assist me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

They're in the middle of some kind of change from outsourced to in-house support staff. The wait times are insane at the moment. 

Try to get the issue resolved on Boards.ie or via their web chat if you can as otherwise it's a hell of a wait. At least 1905 is toll-free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

whodafunk wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anybody please clarify why it is so difficult to get through to bill pay support?

My contract expires in 5 days and I need to make a change to my contract. Who can assist me? I cannot wait over 30mins for customer care.

Hi whodafunk, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

We are aware of issues with customers getting through to the call centre, we have posted an announcement online which you can view here and it's also pinned to our page here.

Unfortunately, we are unable to make any changes to your contract from here, this will need to be done via 1901. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

It's strange how Eir says it's due to an unusually large number of callers and not due to this
    https://www.irishtimes.com/business/technology/eir-to-insource-950-jobs-after-it-ends-call-centre-contract-1.3625758

• Registered Users Posts: 21 cenahs

Hi,

Hi whodafunk, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

We are aware of issues with customers getting through to the call centre, we have posted an announcement online which you can view here and it's also pinned to our page here.

Unfortunately, we are unable to make any changes to your contract from here, this will need to be done via 1901. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey. The link you posted doesn't work. I've been on hold for well over 1 hour today on 1905. Not what I'd call customer care. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

cenahs wrote: »
    Hi,

Hi whodafunk, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey. The link you posted doesn't work. I've been on hold for well over 1 hour today on 1905. Not what I'd call customer care. 
    Hi cenahs, 

Sorry to hear you were on hold for that long. 

We are aware of the long holds. There was an announcement posted on our website here

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Hi,

Hi whodafunk, 

I'm sorry to hear this. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    The link posted no longer works. 
    From bad to worse Eir is getting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Hardly covers the multitude of issues customers are posting on here

IF people could cancel I am sure they would as a result of the terrible levels of 'non' support.

[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]To our customers[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]We are still experiencing a large volume of calls in our customer care call centres. We are aware that call-waiting times are longer than usual. We appreciate your patience as your time is valuable to us.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]You can access support online, 24 hours a day at www.eir.ie or via the "[font=GT-Walsheim-Regular-Oblique, "Arial Italic"]my eir"[/font] app. If you wish to chat to a member of our Social Media team, please feel free to contact us on Facebook or Twitter where they will be happy to assist.[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial]Our apologies for this inconvenience[/font]
    [font=GT-Walsheim-Regular, Arial][font=GT-Walsheim-Regular-Oblique, "Arial Italic"]eir[/font] Customer Care[/font]

Advertisement