Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 8 Matchday Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

unkymo wrote: »
    Horrific gameweek for me.

31 points scored with 32 on my bench!

And most of your team is grand really. Not having Hazard though might end up killing us.

81 (-8) the -8 was mostly a big fail though

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

30 points.

That's 30 points!

Even if I hadn't sold King it would have been a poor week.

But 30 points!

I'm making a balls of my half decent start.

30 bloody points!

At least I only left 3 points in total on my bench, so I chose the right players available within the squad.

Pop quiz: If your bench has 3 points and equates to 10% of the points actually scored by your team. How many points did your team score?

30 points!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

A nice way to go into the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

48 all in thanks to Ramsey and Bellerin for pulling it out of the bag. I expect to drop from 1k to around 10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

64(-4) my minus 4 got me 7 extra points aguero and salah to kane and hazard. No regrets about kane captain he was a no brainer for me with wildcard next week to get him back out of my team. Kane if you could get him in without ruining future weeks or if you already had him was the standout captain choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

49 (4)...would have been 75 if i made no transfer.....sums up last 3/4 weeks, played wildcard at 8pm Friday night and boight in Doherty, Laca and Patrico!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

unkymo wrote: »
    Horrific gameweek for me.

31 points scored with 32 on my bench!
    dsmythy wrote: »
    And most of your team is grand really. Not having Hazard though might end up killing us.

Don't love the idea of Salah and Mane, especially with the likes of Hazard and Sterling performing so well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

65 points mostly down to Captain Eden

Robertson’s 6 looking at me from the bench with AWB and Zaba on the pitch is annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

54 (-4). Roberson and Bennet on the bench. Can't complain too much as I got clean sheets from Duffy and Alonso. I was always in favour of AWB over Bennet. Ah well. Kane transfer had to be done so not fussed over that but just unsure whether I should keep him or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

64 (-8). A topsy turvy kind of gameweek.

Good decision: Bringing in Hazard for Salah & making him captain.

Bad decision: Bringing in Kane for a supposedly ill Aubameyang who I had the patience to keep up to this point despite doing virtually nothing all along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

We have a gameweek thread, a captains thread and a transfers thread.

Think it's time we introduced a 'X points on my bench thread'

We should also have a ‘how many points would I have if I didn’t do transfers’ thread. Kun/Richarlison to Kane/Lennon cost me 18 points as I had Hazard as captain.
    Also I’m starting The Friday night game threads on time, I wish I wasn’t so FF aware as I would have not bothered with the Kane switch, why should we suffer alone for these game weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Ace2007 wrote:
    Don't love the idea of Salah and Mane, especially with the likes of Hazard and Sterling performing so well.

I was going to activate my wildcard but I've decided to uninstall the FPL app until the international break is over and not worry about it.

Big drop from 80k to 250k this week though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

How did Salah play today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,873 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

41(-4)

F U Harry.

Gone from 1,357 in GW2 out to 120k. Mane and Salah doing nothing and not trusting Hazard the main cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

dahat wrote: »

Quiet for the most part. But it was a game od very few chances and any chances Liverpool got fell to him really.

He had a good chance when he snuck past the defender with Ederson way off his line and where last season he'd have cushioned it over the keeper into the net he blazed it high and wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

60 in the end after Fraser subs in for TAA.

Almost half of that coming from Hazard and Doherty.

Small red arrows in OR and small green arrows in my mini leagues....have put about 10 points into most of my main rivals so not a disaster but starting to get really pissed off with Foster now....and Kane, even though I've only owned him for 1 week :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭GeordieRebel

68 (-4) for a slight red arrow down to 16,000 OR. Happy enough with the week. Kane let me down but that’s the first captain fail. Wildcard activated for the international break.

dahat wrote: »

The only issue he has is composure right now. He's getting in all the same positions, and making some phenomenal runs.

He will explode at some point. It's just about how long you're willing to wait, and whether his inclusion in your team means you can't have, for example, Hazard.

But put it this way. If you have him, keep him IMO (as long as you've Hazard). But I wouldn't rush him in if I didn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,574 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Up 14K to 51K OR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Up to 90k, first time inside top 100k since gameweek 1. Cheers Hazaaard!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Scorpion into the top 100 overall with only wildcard played, fair play to him, some going.

SlickRic wrote: »

A nice way to go into the international break.

Up from 6.8k to 3.3k. I keep expecting the bad week to come, and it stays away for another week.

A relaxing break now where I don't have to worry about my team as it's happily ticking along. May even bank unless there's an injury.

AdpRo wrote: »
    Scorpion into the top 100 overall with only wildcard played, fair play to him, some going.

He'd better fúcking win it now.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

71 and up to 113k with 2 FT heading into the international break. HEWT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

AdpRo wrote: »

Some going fair play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭pimpmyhat

Up to 25k 4 green arrows in a row.
    Wilson first sub is frustrating.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

77 all out and 4.6k in world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Robertson on the bench but it was always between himself and Doherty for a starting place. I was always playing Shaw and Alonso ahead of both of those guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Broke 70 with no hit so happy. After a terrible start, played my WC after GW2 and all green arrows since, finally approaching some sort of respectable ranking.

Advertisement