Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW9 Transfers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Struggling to make the transfers this week. Caught in minds. 
    Kane or Aguero out for Salah? 
    Arnie or Mitrovic in as attacker?

or 
    do I go with my gut and bring in Firmino, Lacazette and Salah.

Even more insanely have looked at Rico Trippier & Kane out for Mendy, Firmino & Robertson!

Jaysus I'm all over the place after this break

I’m a Kane out man.

My enjoyment comes from making decisions.

Go with your gut. Only reservation would be Arsenal have had a fairly easy run and Firmino played 90 minutes midweek.

Nothing insane about the final choice either.

It’s simply decision time.

Make the changes (without saving obviously), screenshot each team (with the various moves you could make), then flick through your photos until you see the team you want. Works every time for me.

It can at least help with deleting some options.

Edit - that final option might look better with Vardy instead of Firmino as his minutes are more guaranteed

Have to agree on the screenshots - I've been doing this this year and worked wonders for me (particularly when on WC).
    Re: Vardy have Maddison and not keen on a Leicester double up at those prices.
    Re: Firmino will play 90 mins with the news of Mane & Salah. 

The more I look at the bottom one of Mendy, Robertson, Firmino the more sensible it looks - as it will reinforce my defence which hasn't a healthy run coming up (Spurs, Palace and a non-playing defender). It will stillleave me with Aguero and Silva for home to Burnley and next week I could take another hit to do Salah & Arnie for Aguero /Silva when I know more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Well lads - need some help.

Current front 8 is:

Salah | Hazard | Maddison | Fraser | Richarlison

Ings | Mitrovic | Kane

Having listened to the recent Anfield Wrap, my lingering doubts about Salah have been cemented in my head - they reckon he could/should be rested for the next 4 games (Huddersfield, Red Star x 2, Cardiff) and then unleashed again against Arsenal.

So looking at my first hits (-8) of the season to get

Shaquiri | Hazard | Maddison | Fraser | Richarlison

Ings | Agueroooooo | Lacazette

Would leave 4.2m in the bank for future surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Well lads - need some help.

Current front 8 is:

Salah | Hazard | Maddison | Fraser | Richarlison

Ings | Mitrovic | Kane

Having listened to the recent Anfield Wrap, my lingering doubts about Salah have been cemented in my head - they reckon he could/should be rested for the next 4 games (Huddersfield, Red Star x 2, Cardiff) and then unleashed again against Arsenal.

So looking at my first hits (-8) of the season to get

Shaquiri | Hazard | Maddison | Fraser | Richarlison

Ings | Agueroooooo | Lacazette

Would leave 4.2m in the bank for future surgery.

Shaq is some punt.

If Mané is even out, Sturridge could easily take his place with Firmino on the left of the front 3.

The one start Shaq had in the league was as a supplement to the front 3, so no guarantee at all that he starts in Mané's place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Cartman78 wrote: »

That is not happening (unless he is actually injured for the 3 weeks). No manager is going to deliberately not play a first team regular for 3 weeks.

We all go on about players needing to be 'rested' but they need to play too. There is a balance to be struck. My guess is that if Salah is fit he plays this weekend and possibly starts from the bench v Red Star.

Shaqiri could be gold, if Mane or Salah are out, but it could blow up in your face big time too. As a FT I might be tempted, but as part of a -8 I'd avoid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I need to do my transfers today as I won’t have internet access from this evening until Sunday. I’m more than likely gonna do Trippier and Rico to Mendy and TAA which allows me to do Ings to Arnie in a straight swap next gameweek.

No captain thread yet but I’m probably going to captain Salah as the signs are pointing to him starting against Huddersfield. Vice captaincy on Aguero if anything awry happens with Mo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I need to do my transfers today as I won’t have internet access from this evening until Sunday.

Enjoy your trip to the 70's :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Enjoy your trip to the 70's :pac:

Haha actually gonna be at sea on a cruise ship tomorrow and Saturday so will be on a trip with folks in their 70s. I’ll be watching Match of the Day with eagerness on Saturday night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Cheers lads, much appreciated.

Have been playing it extremely conservatively all season and getting on meh-ish so far (190K)...maybe it's a bit early for the Shaq attack just yet.

Will mull it over so...looks like Kane might get another chance to disappoint me

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭MurDawg

Will Mendy Start?

Brought him in as he'll surely rise next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

probably going to get Ramsey in (even though i just sold him last week) for Mané. Will then have the funds to get fun Bobby in next week

https://twitter.com/aaronramsey/status/1052268106561835008

Hopefully this will translate to a brace though i'll take just the one :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

manual_man wrote: »
    probably going to get Ramsey in (even though i just sold him last week) for Mané. Will then have the funds to get fun Bobby in next week

Either that or he'll underperform due to lack of sleep. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

I need to make a few rearrangements but I'm not sure whether to go all out and take a -8 or space it out over the next couple of weeks. Then again I could take the hit and not make any extra changes over the next couple of weeks.

What I'm thinking

Monreal - Pereira
    Alonso - Mendy
    Ings - Mitro

Basically I'm trying to get Ings out to give me a frontline of Mitro, Arnie and Kun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,383 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Take the -8 hit now, then make loads of changes over the coming weeks. :)

I always find the "If I do all my changes now I won't have to make a change for a few weeks" strategy to be risky as there's always improvement that can be made and curve balls get thrown on a regular basis,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

manual_man wrote: »

As a father of twins myself, I reckon he's not doing anything productive for the next 3 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

carnie wrote: »
    I need to make a few rearrangements but I'm not sure whether to go all out and take a -8 or space it out over the next couple of weeks. Then again I could take the hit and not make any extra changes over the next couple of weeks.

What I'm thinking

Monreal - Pereira
    Alonso - Mendy
    Ings - Mitro

Basically I'm trying to get Ings out to give me a frontline of Mitro, Arnie and Kun.

Monreal to Pereira looks like a sideways move and doesn't save much cash? Plus Arsenal are home to Leicester this week. What's your full squad and money itb?

Who would you prefer for the next 3 fixtures, Mendy or Mitrovic? Can't have both without a couple of hits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Who would you prefer for the next 3 fixtures, Mendy or Mitrovic? Can't have both without a couple of hits.

I'd go for Mendy.
    Fulham have good fixtures so Mitrovic should score but as a Newcastle supporter I wouldn't bet on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Neves and Kane out. Hazard and Arnie in. West ham have unreal fixtures after this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

What I'm thinking

Monreal - Pereira
    Alonso - Mendy
    Ings - Mitro
    Leave Monreal to Pereira for another week anyway, assuming you have the funds to make other transfers without it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Neves and Kane out. Hazard and Arnie in. West ham have unreal fixtures after this weekend.

Love having Arnie and as soon as Giroud blanks this weekend Im getting Arnie.

I have done
    Shaw to Mendy
    Frasier to Hogbjerg (fodder)

• Advertisement

Love having Arnie and as soon as Giroud blanks this weekend Im getting Arnie.

I have done
    Shaw to Mendy
    Frasier to Hogbjerg (fodder)
    I'm holding out until next week to do similar in the hope that Mendy won't outscore Fraser by 4 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,013 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Anyone taking a punt on KdB this week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

eh i dunno wrote: »

Their really good fixture run doesn't start until gw15 imo. Fixtures between now and then are mixed. Hammers playing well though and Arnie capable of scoring against anyone. The noises about his dodgy knee and managing that injury are a bit worrying though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,099 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

S.M.B. wrote: »
    I'm holding out until next week to do similar in the hope that Mendy won't outscore Fraser by 4 points.

You not worried about price rises/drops?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Has anyone else got KDB in ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Nah, gonna pass on KDB for now, think I'll bring Mendy back in for Shaw though to get a bit more City in my team

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Monreal to Pereira looks like a sideways move and doesn't save much cash? Plus Arsenal are home to Leicester this week. What's your full squad and money itb?

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Leave Monreal to Pereira for another week anyway, assuming you have the funds to make other transfers without it.

That's the thing, I only have 0.2itb so I need to find the funds from somewhere. Monreal to Pereira maybe a sideways move but he's 0.3 cheaper.

You not worried about price rises/drops?
    Can't see Mendy going up or Fraser going down before Saturday. Could mean an early transfer next week though. Looking at Camaras as my bench fodder so not worried about his price either.

That's the thing, I only have 0.2itb so I need to find the funds from somewhere. Monreal to Pereira maybe a sideways move but he's 0.3 cheaper.

So you need 1.1 to do Ings to Mitro? Monreal to 4.4 defender or less, keep Alonso and just do the -4? Bennett Dunk Balbuena/Zabaleta best options in that price range imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

Don't know what to do, sitting on a MF of Salah, Mane, Fraser, all yellow flagged. I'm sure 2 of the 3 will def start. Got Mane in @ 9.5 so can offload him tonight for the .2 profit before the drop but I just don't want to. Gonna to let them run I feel and take the chance.

I'd love if the PL FF was like the NFL FF, their updates on players current injuries and training updates is off the charts, literally hour by hour update.

Advertisement